Disney's ALL-STAR MOVIES RESORT Information & Questions

I just booked Movies for our April trip - I feel like I am cheating on POP but Movies is saving me like $400! I am going to read back and see what Movies has to offer. <3

Same here, I booked us at ASMo when they first announced it was opening and the room discount for Apr 11-16 however we normally stay at POP. It saved a couple hundred dollars but since POP is our home resort I feel like we are cheating. :rotfl2: I did stay at ASMo Dec 19th for my 2 night stay since it was cheap but didn't get a very good feel of the resort. I will however be checking on Tuesday if the new promo may help to make them closer in price but probably not, lol.

What preferred room is the closest to the bus stop? That’s my main concern at this point! 😂 I underestimated the amount of walking in November when we stayed at CBR and now I’m like ‘nope, give me the close room!’

What preferred room is the closest to the bus stop? That’s my main concern at this point! 😂 I underestimated the amount of walking in November when we stayed at CBR and now I’m like ‘nope, give me the close room!’
Haha! I will tell you that CBR is massive, but I don’t think ASMo is that bad. We stayed in the Herbie section, and it was one of the furthest back. The walk to the bus stop was really nothing though.

All preferred rooms are pretty equal in distance to the main building.....500 yards if I remember correctly. I would just request a room ground floor and close to bus stop.

Request Fantasia/Close to Cinema Hall.

Some of the rooms in Fantasia are SECONDS from Cinema Hall. :)

We currently have three rooms booked at Movies (we surprised our kids and their spouses with an early Christmas gift and are taking them to WDW next Thanksgiving). If we booked Pop, it would have been $425.00 more for each of the two rooms and almost $800.00 more for my husband and I since we are staying two weeks. I love the Skyliner but that's a lot more to pay over Movies. And, we really enjoyed our three stays at Movies.
We are in the same boat. Our girls love Pop and my Mom loves the Skyliner. We initially booked two rooms at Pop, but there's a $1300 price difference between it and AsMo. I am hoping they run a discount and then we will move back, but in the meantime $1300 is a couple dinners out.

Since our first trip as a family (Pop), we have always stayed moderate or deluxe. Last trip we stayed at ASMo in February because friends were staying there. I was not looking forward to it; I knew I was going to hate the hotel; there would be tons of unruly football and cheerleading teenagers everywhere, the pool was going to be too crowded, the buses forever, and everything else that the bad reviews mentioned.
I have to say, I was so pleasantly surprised! The newly renovated rooms were gorgeous! The theming was so fun! The crowds were great (even on Princess Marathon weekend), the food court was wonderful, and the staff was amazing!
I think anyone else hesitant about staying here will be pleasantly surprised too!

We were in Toy Story Building 9, Room 9708 and we were a very short walk from the main building and the bus stops.

I've stayed at a lot of the resorts on property but never All-Star Movies. That is about to change though because I just booked a week at the beginning of June! I have stayed at All-Star Sports numerous times and I am looking forward to checking out Movies. Can anyone recommend a standard category room location that would be closer to the food court/bus area?

Hey everyone.. booked a trip for the 50th and was initially booked for POP, but realized we could save nearly $300 if we stayed at Movies, so we switched over! Last time I stayed at an AllStar was in 2003 and it was the Sports. We usually stay at POP or Swan, so I’m excited to try a new spot!! We booked a standard room, any location or building best to request??

We were in building 7 in the Love Bug section and it was an almost straight shot from our room to the main building and bus stops. We are CBR lovers and were very pleasantly surprised at how much we liked the resort.

So I waited too long to book and now there is no standard room for my week! I can still get a preferred room but I don't really want a pool, garden or parking lot (!?) view. I guess I would take a closer to all the stuff room... Can someone please tell me how much they loved their preferred room and it was totally worth the $20 extra a night!

So I waited too long to book and now there is no standard room for my week! I can still get a preferred room but I don't really want a pool, garden or parking lot (!?) view. I guess I would take a closer to all the stuff room... Can someone please tell me how much they loved their preferred room and it was totally worth the $20 extra a night!
I had a preferred room. Worth is relative, but I wouldn't pay $20/night only to be 200 ft closer to the food court and buses.
The resort is small. If you've ever stayed at the back of AoA, divide it by 5.

Worth is relative,
True. I paid for the preferred room for my late March trip because I wanted to be as close to the main building as possible and bc my son really wants a Toy Story room. This is the first time we've ever stayed at a value and we are not used to having the main lobby be separate from the rest of the rooms. We split our stay specifically for our son who wanted to stay at "The Toy Story Hotel." 🤣

Pool, garden or parking lot......are the only views they have. Really though there are no 'views' when you have exterior corridors. Is it worth $20/night.....that is subjective. On a typical WDW trip we actually spend some time relaxing at the resort (no matter which one we stay at) so room location is somewhat important to me. The next time I stay at Movies I will be booking preferred. Our last visit we were in MD at the very far end of the building and we almost exclusively went to Music. I feel like we missed the atmosphere at Movies.

You said there are no standard rooms available so you don't have a choice here anyway.

Thanks everyone. So does preferred mean I will be in the Toy Story section? Or could I get some far off room with a garden view (there is no "garden" right?)?

Thanks everyone. So does preferred mean I will be in the Toy Story section? Or could I get some far off room with a garden view (there is no "garden" right?)?
If Toy Story is where you want to be I would call about 9 days before arrival to request. It's been a long time since I did that the method could change. I put my requests in at Pop when I booked last July.

I actually have Movies booked for June this year. I didn't put in a request but I don't want Mighty Ducks. That's where we stayed 18 years ago for our first ever on-site trip. Didn't love it. Anywhere else is fine for me. Toy Story is our favorite. These days with the girls being older we are fine with whatever (except the Might Ducks) quiet room they give us. We're all about the quiet.

Book the preferred room and keep checking back. You can change to standard if it pops up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!