Disney's ALL-STAR MOVIES RESORT Information & Questions

We were there a couple of weeks ago and had a preferred room. MDE wouldn't allow us to pick anything except I did put early check in since we drive down. We got there around 2 pm and didn't have a text yet. We parked and went into reception and they found us a room, it was not a renovated one but the room was o.k. We went off to the park and got a text around 2:30 that our room was ready, even though we had already checked in gone to our room. We were doing a split stay with Dolphin and did have to go down to the front desk to check out as well. It was pretty quick and easy both times.

I think your chances will be likely of getting a renovated room. Just keep watching this thread to see where things are in late December so you can call and request a certain area: Toy Story, Fantasia, maybe 101 Dalmatians.

We are booked in a standard here 11/16-11/21 with the holiday savings discount. I've tried from day one to get preferred but just can't seem to snag one. I currently have a room request in with Disney, as well as Touring Plans, stating a refurbished room as our only request, if possible. Are chances that much more slim with a standard room reservation??

We are booked in a standard here 11/16-11/21 with the holiday savings discount. I've tried from day one to get preferred but just can't seem to snag one. I currently have a room request in with Disney, as well as Touring Plans, stating a refurbished room as our only request, if possible. Are chances that much more slim with a standard room reservation??
Right now you would have a better chance with preferred but either way you’re not guaranteed a new room. I would just stop by the front desk when you get there and see what they can do for you. 3 preferred buildings are finished and only 1 standard is completely done. 1 standard is close to being done though

Looking for early morning coffee. Can someone tell me what time the coffee is ready in the food court. I seem to recall that they make it around 6am.

Looking for early morning coffee. Can someone tell me what time the coffee is ready in the food court. I seem to recall that they make it around 6am.

Food court officially opens at 6:30. But I believe they start brewing the coffee around 5:45-6:00. And if you have a mug, you don't need the registers to be open.

Last edited:

Question about buses, I know Movies shares with the other two All Stars, but in Sept when the crowds are a lot lower do they still share? I am looking to see what resort to stay at but don't want to be the last stop each time as we have a toddler. Any information would be great!!

Question about buses, I know Movies shares with the other two All Stars, but in Sept when the crowds are a lot lower do they still share? I am looking to see what resort to stay at but don't want to be the last stop each time as we have a toddler. Any information would be great!!

The All Stars don't always share buses. Actually you will have your own bus more than a shared bus. Seems that they only share buses during the slow hours of the day otherwise each resort has their own bus.

The All Stars don't always share buses. Actually you will have your own bus more than a shared bus. Seems that they only share buses during the slow hours of the day otherwise each resort has their own bus.

Agree with the above. Out of 40+ nights across all 3 All Star resorts, we have been on a shared bus a total of 4 times. All 4 were in the middle of the day and there were only 2-6 other guests on the bus total.

I've read that the All-Star resorts were moving toward installed dispensers in the shower with bottles of shampoo, conditioner, and body wash (instead of individual toiletries). Can anyone confirm that all of the AS Movies rooms have these? And that shampoo and conditioner are separate, and that it is liquid body wash (as opposed to bar soap)?

I'm not opposed to these dispensers, but mainly want to ensure that the body wash is liquid and that the shampoo and conditioner are separate, so I can pack accordingly.

Apologies if this question has already been asked -- I did a search but couldn't find a definitive answer.

I've read that the All-Star resorts were moving toward installed dispensers in the shower with bottles of shampoo, conditioner, and body wash (instead of individual toiletries). Can anyone confirm that all of the AS Movies rooms have these? And that shampoo and conditioner are separate, and that it is liquid body wash (as opposed to bar soap)?

I'm not opposed to these dispensers, but mainly want to ensure that the body wash is liquid and that the shampoo and conditioner are separate, so I can pack accordingly.

Apologies if this question has already been asked -- I did a search but couldn't find a definitive answer.
All are liquid and separate. 3 different bottles and a bar of soap by the sink

Question about buses, I know Movies shares with the other two All Stars
Here is some info you may find helpful.:)

It is not Movies,but I kept a "log" during one of my trips to All-Star Sports.

We don't think the bus sharing at the All-Star Resort is that big of a deal(we have stayed at the All-Stars close to 300 nights so either the bus sharing isn't that bad or we are gluttons for punishment!lol:))

(Times are actual "Travel Times"-they don't include "waiting for the bus times").

It takes the Buses about 2 minutes to travel from Sports to Music and about 2 minutes
from Music to Movies

I also did some Park Hopping:

Monorail from TTC to Epcot----9 minutes.

Monorail from Epcot to TTC----7 minutes.
Express Monorail----4 minutes

Friendship between Epcot and DHS----20-30 minutes(We actually did make it in 20 minutes one day!)

Saturday April 18-
Sports to Epcot----8:23AM to 8:33AM----10 minutes----Direct
Epcot to Sports----4:46PM to 4:58PM----12 minutes----Share

Sunday April 19----Sports to DAK(EMH)----7:44AM to 7:52AM----8 minutes----Direct
DAK to Sports----12:51PM to 12:57PM----6 minutes----Share
Sports to DHS----5:37PM to 5:57PM----20 minutes----Share
MK to Music----10:31PM to 10:52PM----21 minutes----Direct
(Hopped on a waiting Music Bus and then walked back to Sports.)

Monday April 20----Sports to MK----6:49AM to 7:04AM----15 minutes----Direct
(BOG Breakfast!)
Epcot to Sports----12:31PM to 12:42PM----11 minutes----Share
Sports to Epcot----2:44PM to 3:04PM----20 minutes----Share
Epcot to Sports----7:00PM to 7:12PM----12 minutes----Share

Tuesday April 21----Sports to DHS----7:58AM to 8:10AM----12 minutes----Direct
DHS to Sports----11:01AM to 11:15AM----14 minutes----Direct
Sports to DTD----2:23PM to 2:50PM----27 minutes----Share
DHS to Sports----9:57PM to 10:09PM----12 minutes----Share

Wednesday April 22----Sports to DAK----7:33AM to 7:44AM(EMH)----11 minutes----Direct
DAK to Sports----12:29PM to 12:37PM----8 minutes----Share
Sports to DHS----1:30PM to 1:49PM----19 minutes----Share
MK to Music----9:25PM to 9:40PM----15 minutes----Direct

Thursday April 23----Sports to Epcot----11:10AM to 11:19AM----9 minutes----Share
DTD to Sports----5:18PM to 5:37PM-----19 minutes----Share

Friday April 24----Sports to Epcot----8:06AM to 8:17AM-----11 minutes----Direct
Epcot to Sports----10:27AM to 10:43AM----16 minutes----Share
Sports to Epcot----12:23PM to 12:43PM----20 minutes----Share
Epcot to Sports----9:14PM to 9:30PM----16 minutes----Direct

Saturday April 25----Sports to DHS(EMH)----7:20AM to 7:30AM-----10 minutes----Direct
Epcot to Sports-----4:16PM to 4:30PM----14 minutes----Share

Sunday April 26----Sports to MK----9:15AM to 9:30AM----15 minutes----Direct
Epcot to Sports----12:20PM to 12:32PM-----12 minutes-----Share

Time to board THE LIBRARY BUS!!!!BOOOOOOOO!!!!:):):):)

We were there last month. We shared buses twice: middle of the day back from Disney Springs and middle of the day back from Hollywood Studios. Other than those two times, we never shared.

We were also there in Sept., the only time we shared a bus was to Disney Springs and back.

We are checking into 2 rooms at All-Star Movies on 11-24-18. Our reservation shows preferred rooms and I have requested connecting rooms on the reservation. There will be 5 of us with 4 actually being adults (me, dw, 2 dds) and our 15 year old nephew. He is on the reservation for our room and 2 dds on the other. I have read that connecting rooms are usually for those with smaller children which makes sense so I made a secondary request for the rooms to be side by side or at least close. Do you guys still send any kind of fax to the hotel prior to arrival about room requests? Do you think that preferred rooms will be refurbished by then?

Thanks!

We are checking into 2 rooms at All-Star Movies on 11-24-18. Our reservation shows preferred rooms and I have requested connecting rooms on the reservation. There will be 5 of us with 4 actually being adults (me, dw, 2 dds) and our 15 year old nephew. He is on the reservation for our room and 2 dds on the other. I have read that connecting rooms are usually for those with smaller children which makes sense so I made a secondary request for the rooms to be side by side or at least close. Do you guys still send any kind of fax to the hotel prior to arrival about room requests? Do you think that preferred rooms will be refurbished by then?

Thanks!
I think the word right now is they have stopped work on the buildings until next year. Half of the preferred rooms are finished. I usually call ahead for my requests but faxing should work too

I think the word right now is they have stopped work on the buildings until next year. Half of the preferred rooms are finished. I usually call ahead for my requests but faxing should work too
Ok. Thanks! How far in advance do you call in your requests?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter