Disney's ALL-STAR MOVIES RESORT Information & Questions

It's been a few years since we've stayed at an All Star...do they have coffeemakers in the rooms now? Thanks!

Put a request in for a standard refurb room at the Love Bug wing for early January, fingers crossed! The wife and I are doing a 4nt/3day quickie at WDW before sailing DCL to the Eastern Caribbean with SWDAS. So much Disney magic coming our way...I'm freaking out!

We just returned from our vacation. We had a standard and while I requested a refurbished room, we did not get it and were placed in Mighty Ducks 3700 area. It was kind of a sad drab room. We typically stay off site in nice roomy condos so this was a big difference for us, but it was very nice to get a night out at the MK with my daughter without having to drive. I have a weekend trip to ASSports coming up in a few months. Are those rooms as drab as the Movies ones? Also for the person above, the old rooms at movies do not have a coffeemaker in them.

We just returned from our vacation. We had a standard and while I requested a refurbished room, we did not get it and were placed in Mighty Ducks 3700 area. It was kind of a sad drab room.

Bummer. Did you ask again at the desk and get any insight as to why not? Did you do an early check in? Curious how they are granting requests..is it based on how far out you booked, when the request was placed, how full the resort is, totally random?

Bummer. Did you ask again at the desk and get any insight as to why not? Did you do an early check in? Curious how they are granting requests..is it based on how far out you booked, when the request was placed, how full the resort is, totally random?
It doesn't matter how far out you make your requests. They don't start assigning rooms until 3-5 days out from your stay. It definitely depends on how full the resort is. It's hard for them to meet everyone's requests when there are so many to fill and not enough rooms to meet every single request. Most of the time they are very willing to work with you and try to get you into a new room if you're willing to move during your stay.

I did the early check in on the MDE app. I called and made a request and since we were arriving on Thanksgiving, the resort was full. We drove straight to the park and did not get to our hotel until after Illuminations. We were tired and it was fine, but certainly not what we were hoping for. Part of me wonders if we got that assignment because we were only checked in for 2 nights with 9 day tickets so they knew for sure we were moving off site. My kids were fine about it because they really liked the wallpaper border, lol.

Part of me wonders if we got that assignment because we were only checked in for 2 nights with 9 day tickets so they knew for sure we were moving off site.

The room assignors do not see any ticket information within the details of your reservation when they are assigning rooms.

We just returned from our vacation. We had a standard and while I requested a refurbished room, we did not get it and were placed in Mighty Ducks 3700 area. It was kind of a sad drab room. We typically stay off site in nice roomy condos so this was a big difference for us, but it was very nice to get a night out at the MK with my daughter without having to drive. I have a weekend trip to ASSports coming up in a few months. Are those rooms as drab as the Movies ones? Also for the person above, the old rooms at movies do not have a coffeemaker in them.

You should have booked preferred if you wanted a better chance of a renovated room. Not many standard rooms are renovated. I just got back from there and had a renovated room in Toy Story. However, I booked preferred, called and also checked in early in the morning at the front desk where I asked for Toy Story, which as far as I know is the only section fully renovated. The others have renovated rooms but are not all completed. ASMu most likely is the same as they wont start their reno until sometime in '19 from what I've heard.

You should have booked preferred if you wanted a better chance of a renovated room. Not many standard rooms are renovated. I just got back from there and had a renovated room in Toy Story. However, I booked preferred, called and also checked in early in the morning at the front desk where I asked for Toy Story, which as far as I know is the only section fully renovated. The others have renovated rooms but are not all completed. ASMu most likely is the same as they wont start their reno until sometime in '19 from what I've heard.
Actually the whole love bug section is finished which is a standard section. Half of the standard and half of the preferred sections are finished. So you should technically have an equal chance at both right now but the preferred rooms have more buildings which means possibly more available rooms.

I would have booked preferred if it was available, it was not. I called in a few times to see if I could change to preferred, it wasn't available. Love Bug is finished so I had a 50/50 chance of getting what I requested.
I was sharing my experience that is all. I'm glad that they are renovating the rooms. They need it!

We returned from a recent trip. While we have been to WDW many times this was our first trip during the Christmas season. IT WAS AWESOME! It was also our first time at All-Star Movie. We haven't stayed at a value and gone to parks in 14 years (We stayed at All-Star Music for a trip to Florida for softball but didn't visit the parks.). We loved it! I booked preferred and requested Toy Story and we got it. We heard voices from the room next to ours a few times but it wasn't disruptive. The room was nice. The resort was immaculate. The buses were the very best we have had in years. Buses were only shared during the afternoon and only sometimes. It was a great trip! We also declined housekeeping for the first time. We never saw anyone do a room check. I basically think I am crazy for not always declining housekeeping. We keep things picked up and make the beds anyway. This way we got extra money for the trip. It was also our first time using Magical Express. That process went smoothly also. While I love POFQ....and it is still my favorite...All-Star Movie is a close second. I just can't make myself pay for a deluxe room because we spend so much time out of the room. We had 3 adults in the room. I booked a bounce-back for 2 preferred rooms for a future trip.

We returned from a recent trip. While we have been to WDW many times this was our first trip during the Christmas season. IT WAS AWESOME! It was also our first time at All-Star Movie. We haven't stayed at a value and gone to parks in 14 years (We stayed at All-Star Music for a trip to Florida for softball but didn't visit the parks.). We loved it! I booked preferred and requested Toy Story and we got it. We heard voices from the room next to ours a few times but it wasn't disruptive. The room was nice. The resort was immaculate. The buses were the very best we have had in years. Buses were only shared during the afternoon and only sometimes. It was a great trip! We also declined housekeeping for the first time. We never saw anyone do a room check. I basically think I am crazy for not always declining housekeeping. We keep things picked up and make the beds anyway. This way we got extra money for the trip. It was also our first time using Magical Express. That process went smoothly also. While I love POFQ....and it is still my favorite...All-Star Movie is a close second. I just can't make myself pay for a deluxe room because we spend so much time out of the room. We had 3 adults in the room. I booked a bounce-back for 2 preferred rooms for a future trip.
Sounds like you had a great trip! We've never stayed at any of the All Stars, but it's very tempting now with the refurbs. We've loved the rooms at Pop and the prices are hard to beat.

I need to call in room requests for our group of 4 rooms and our most important request is renovated rooms. We're staying in preferred. I know there's one building in Fantasia that's renovated and all of Toy Story, correct? I was planning on just requesting "renovated rooms" but I'm wondering if requesting Toy Story is more simple for the room assigners? It seems like people who request renovated rooms (including my parents earlier this month) aren't always getting them and people who request Toy Story are getting it!

I need to call in room requests for our group of 4 rooms and our most important request is renovated rooms. We're staying in preferred. I know there's one building in Fantasia that's renovated and all of Toy Story, correct? I was planning on just requesting "renovated rooms" but I'm wondering if requesting Toy Story is more simple for the room assigners? It seems like people who request renovated rooms (including my parents earlier this month) aren't always getting them and people who request Toy Story are getting it!
Honestly, I would go ahead and request Toy Story.

I only requested Toy Story and only did so over the phone. One other time that I called, I checked to make sure that request was on my reservation but that was all I did. I think in the past when I have made multiple requests, I only get one or none. I have also had more success with a request over the phone as opposed to during online check-in. I am not sure you can even make a request that way any longer.

I only requested Toy Story and only did so over the phone. One other time that I called, I checked to make sure that request was on my reservation but that was all I did. I think in the past when I have made multiple requests, I only get one or none. I have also had more success with a request over the phone as opposed to during online check-in. I am not sure you can even make a request that way any longer.
Thanks, I will just request Toy Story! We would prefer that anyways to Fantasia so we're away from the pool!

I am planning on going the second week in May. I usually don't have trouble getting reservations 5 months out. All of the All Star resorts are booked. Is something going on that week?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!