Disney's ALL-STAR MOVIES RESORT Information & Questions

jcarwash- I am looking to get in the hockey themed pool for at least a little bit, is it a long walk from the Mighty Ducks sections? Thanks!!

Even if your room at Movies is in another section, it won't be a long walk from really anywhere if you want to visit the Duck Pond Pool. Each of the All-Star resorts is fairly compact.

jcarwash- I am looking to get in the hockey themed pool for at least a little bit, is it a long walk from the Mighty Ducks sections? Thanks!!

It is very close. right in the center of the section. And yes, they will transfer your luggage to your next Disney resort. We have used that service many times as we often do split stays. Enjoy!

Ok...I know the official answer to this, but I told my friend that I would ask here, to see what people's experiences have been. They want to stay at Movies (or Music). But, they really want to have coffee in the morning. And because they aren't traveling with kids (just two adults), they like a bagel or toast before heading to the parks. But, they don't want to have to spend the time walking to the food court, getting coffee and making toast or a bagel, then going back to the room (while the toast gets cold). They are planning on bringing a small coffee pot and a toaster. They said they will unplug and put the stuff away before leaving the room.
Again...I understand the official stand here....they are appliances, and not allowed due to being fire hazards. I just want to be able to give my friend accurate advice. They love the AllStars, but on this adult only trip, don't want to spend time in the food court! So, those of you that have done this, how did it work out? And yes, I have given them the official stand....she is still planning on doing it. I just don't want to hear 'Wow, I wish you had told me that was going to happen??' comments when they return home!

I am hoping to get an earlier check-in as my plane is arriving at 7am - but I can't seem to find where to enter my expected check-in time online.

I booked a package deal including airfare, so am wondering if that's linked somehow. When I call to reserve ME, they asked for my flight info as well.

Is that the reason the check-in time option is not available? Any suggestions?

Ok...I know the official answer to this, but I told my friend that I would ask here, to see what people's experiences have been. They want to stay at Movies (or Music). But, they really want to have coffee in the morning. And because they aren't traveling with kids (just two adults), they like a bagel or toast before heading to the parks. But, they don't want to have to spend the time walking to the food court, getting coffee and making toast or a bagel, then going back to the room (while the toast gets cold). They are planning on bringing a small coffee pot and a toaster. They said they will unplug and put the stuff away before leaving the room.
Again...I understand the official stand here....they are appliances, and not allowed due to being fire hazards. I just want to be able to give my friend accurate advice. They love the AllStars, but on this adult only trip, don't want to spend time in the food court! So, those of you that have done this, how did it work out? And yes, I have given them the official stand....she is still planning on doing it. I just don't want to hear 'Wow, I wish you had told me that was going to happen??' comments when they return home!
I'm interested to know the answer to this too. We always bring a coffee maker when we travel.

I'm adding a very belated All Star Movies review! I stayed with our youngest son for two nights (NYE and NY Day!) before discounts kicked in and we moved to another resort for marathon weekend. We've stayed at all the values, all the mods except cabins and all the deluxe resorts. Of the values, I think movies is my favorite, which surprised me. I like the more subtle theming at music - particularly through the jazz courtyard and in the broadway section, so that's a close second. At Movies, we booked a preferred room in January and it could not have been a better location. We were in Fantasia on the 3rd floor overlooking the main pool. So convenient - to the buses, the pool, the food court - and a really nice view walking to/fro the room. I think it was my favorite value stay ever. There was a bit of pool noise on NYE (they had a NYE party there, which we knew about - well advertised!) but even then, nothing terrible. The buses were great, the food court food was pretty good for a food court, and even during a holiday weekend, not too crowded. In terms of cleanliness, the room was fine. It's aging a bit, so that's how it goes. Overall, a really great stay and a good way to save $ during the holiday weekend!

Quick note regarding toasters - I'll just add our experience. This was at DL. From what CMs told us, another guest brought a toaster and used it responsibly in the room . . . except that apparently regular toaster use can trip the fire alarm - even without a problem or a fire. So all of GCH (including our family) was evacuated early one morning because a guest's toaster accidentally tripped the alarm. We stood in downtown disney in pjs for a long time before the "all clear" and then got back to our room to hurry into the park. Missed rope drop. Lots of grumpy GCH guests. Sound like the friends will bring the toaster no matter what, but I'm adding this just in case a non-policy reason might be persuasive!

I am hoping to get an earlier check-in as my plane is arriving at 7am - but I can't seem to find where to enter my expected check-in time online.

I booked a package deal including airfare, so am wondering if that's linked somehow. When I call to reserve ME, they asked for my flight info as well.

All you can do is try. If you are doing magical express, they have your arrival information, and I believe that goes into the pool of qualifiers for getting a room ready text.
If you don't get the text, stop by the front desk.
The basics are, if they have a vacant room and it is clean, and nobody else is technically before you, they will give you the room.

All you can do is try. If you are doing magical express, they have your arrival information, and I believe that goes into the pool of qualifiers for getting a room ready text.
If you don't get the text, stop by the front desk.
The basics are, if they have a vacant room and it is clean, and nobody else is technically before you, they will give you the room.

We also arrive at 7am and are hoping that we can get a room earlier rather than later. When I called disney to ask they really couldn't help me because I got our room from Jet Blue vacations. So I'm just going to hope for some pixie dust :)

We also arrive at 7am and are hoping that we can get a room earlier rather than later. When I called disney to ask they really couldn't help me because I got our room from Jet Blue vacations. So I'm just going to hope for some pixie dust :)
Did you do magical express? If so, you should have provided them with your flight details and they would know what time you get in.

If you entered your flight info for magical express, then they will have an idea when you will arrive. But, just have your only request to have "early check in" and I think you might have a good chance of having a room ready when you arrive. But, even if your rooms not ready, bell services will keep your carry on luggage until your room is ready. We always bring a few things in our carry on depending on our arrival day plans. We bring bathing suites if we are going to hang out at the pool or change of clothes if we plan to go straight to the parks. The only reason you need your room right away, is if your planning to take a nap. Lol

I'm adding a very belated All Star Movies review! I stayed with our youngest son for two nights (NYE and NY Day!) before discounts kicked in and we moved to another resort for marathon weekend. We've stayed at all the values, all the mods except cabins and all the deluxe resorts. Of the values, I think movies is my favorite, which surprised me. I like the more subtle theming at music - particularly through the jazz courtyard and in the broadway section, so that's a close second. At Movies, we booked a preferred room in January and it could not have been a better location. We were in Fantasia on the 3rd floor overlooking the main pool. So convenient - to the buses, the pool, the food court - and a really nice view walking to/fro the room. I think it was my favorite value stay ever. There was a bit of pool noise on NYE (they had a NYE party there, which we knew about - well advertised!) but even then, nothing terrible. The buses were great, the food court food was pretty good for a food court, and even during a holiday weekend, not too crowded. In terms of cleanliness, the room was fine. It's aging a bit, so that's how it goes. Overall, a really great stay and a good way to save $ during the holiday weekend!

Quick note regarding toasters - I'll just add our experience. This was at DL. From what CMs told us, another guest brought a toaster and used it responsibly in the room . . . except that apparently regular toaster use can trip the fire alarm - even without a problem or a fire. So all of GCH (including our family) was evacuated early one morning because a guest's toaster accidentally tripped the alarm. We stood in downtown disney in pjs for a long time before the "all clear" and then got back to our room to hurry into the park. Missed rope drop. Lots of grumpy GCH guests. Sound like the friends will bring the toaster no matter what, but I'm adding this just in case a non-policy reason might be persuasive!
Thanks! That would be my thought as well! I'm pretty sure the smoke alarms at Disney are fairly sensitive!! I'll give them that tidbit of info....at least they will know the situation going in! I've been with people who brought coffee pots but those don't create smoke the way burnt toast does!!!!!

If you entered your flight info for magical express, then they will have an idea when you will arrive. But, just have your only request to have "early check in" and I think you might have a good chance of having a room ready when you arrive. But, even if your rooms not ready, bell services will keep your carry on luggage until your room is ready. We always bring a few things in our carry on depending on our arrival day plans. We bring bathing suites if we are going to hang out at the pool or change of clothes if we plan to go straight to the parks. The only reason you need your room right away, is if your planning to take a nap. Lol

Thanks for the info!
We were hoping to clean up a bit after the long flight, maybe even take a nice cold shower to wake us up! Then hit the parks. We will have clothes and things packed in our carry ons, and we will try to wash up/brush teeth/change clothes/etc in the hotel restroom if needed, but in our room it would be much easier. I will call a week or so before our stay and request the early check-in and hopefully that will help. Not a deal breaker either way, but worth a shot.

Just back from Movies, my first time there. We are DVC members, and I have stayed at almost every single WDW resort, but this was my first time at ASMovies. Overall, not too bad, we were in Toy Story, which is pretty nice. Lots of parking close to it, short walk to food court. The room was ok, not SUPER nice (worn carpet, some chipped paint here and there, inside and outside room). I liked the new style bedding, no bedspreads, the new white type with scarf across bottom. Beds comfortable, internet worked well. Food court was nice, not too big like some other values. Saw some teen groups, they seemed to mostly be staying in the Mighty Ducks and Dalmation sections

Overall, a good experience. Room was ready when we arrived, at 1 pm, and was also ready for my friend, for her room, at about 10 am the day before. I specifically wanted to save $$ this trip, and I am glad we did.

PS I found it odd and scary, to watch the kids and adults climbing on the outside Toy Story decor, but I guess it is allowed. One boy was up on the blocks with a light saber, jumping from block to block. Yikes. They were climbing Buzz as well, and riding on the Rex dinosaur like a horse or something. Many kids only could get up on the blocks WITH their parents assistance, as they are 5' high or so. I guess Disney is aware, as it happened often, our room faced this area and we saw it every day. No signs prohibiting it, so I guess I am a worry wort.

I would like to ask for your help. I normally only drink hot water. I wonder if I can get hot water at the beverage station free of charge in the food court without getting one of those refillable mug. Please let me know and thanks!

I would like to ask for your help. I normally only drink hot water. I wonder if I can get hot water at the beverage station free of charge in the food court without getting one of those refillable mug. Please let me know and thanks!
You sure can.:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter