Disney's ALL-STAR MOVIES RESORT Information & Questions

Can anyone tell me about doing laundry here? Do the machines take cash or what do they take? Can I bring my own detergent? Thanks!

They don't take Amex though - I learned that at Pop!

I bring laundry pods (prefer the ones that aren't liquid for travel, there are the powder type ones too) and my own dryer sheets in my luggage. Saves time!

I also hang a lot of things damp to dry, like sundresses, so bring metal dry cleaner hangers with me each trip (there are never enough hangars in the room, and the metal ones are skinny so I can hang a lot more things).

We will be staying at All Star Movies the end of April. I have never stayed at a value resort before, so I am a little nervous. I have heard wonderful things about ASMovies, so I am not 'that' worried. LOL Its just my daughter and me, so the smaller beds will be fine. I am most worried about the crowds at the food court, pool, etc. I do have a couple questions that maybe you can answer.
1. We reserved a preferred room, which buildings have the preferred rooms?
2. How is the bus service? Typically at park closing how many buses would we have to wait through to get on?
3. Can you walk to anything from this resort?
4. Is the food court area the only option for food?
5. Is it super noisy with people walking by the rooms at all hours?
6. Any late night hours at the pool?

Thanks in advance for any info you'd like to share!!!

We will be staying at All Star Movies the end of April. I have never stayed at a value resort before, so I am a little nervous. I have heard wonderful things about ASMovies, so I am not 'that' worried. LOL Its just my daughter and me, so the smaller beds will be fine. I am most worried about the crowds at the food court, pool, etc. I do have a couple questions that maybe you can answer.
1. We reserved a preferred room, which buildings have the preferred rooms?
2. How is the bus service? Typically at park closing how many buses would we have to wait through to get on?
3. Can you walk to anything from this resort?
4. Is the food court area the only option for food?
5. Is it super noisy with people walking by the rooms at all hours?
6. Any late night hours at the pool?

Thanks in advance for any info you'd like to share!!!

1. When I did Preferred, it was Toy Story and that was great. My building was very quiet as it was not adjacent to the pool. Ask if you can get in the Toy Story section.
2. Bus Service is okay. It depends if they're running one bus for all 3 all stars or not. (just noticed you said April, they will probably not be doing one bus for all three resorts._
3. You can walk to the other All Stars, that's about it. But you're very close, bus wise, to AK.
4. Yes, just the food court.
5. I didn't find it that noisy. I did have a parking lot facing room on the ground floor, so no in-between building traffic.
6. can't answer this as rules have changed since I last went.

See if you can get in the Toy Story section. Close enough to everything, but set in it's own area.

We are considering staying here for our first WDW trip next summer. I am wondering more about the food court. What kind of foods are offered? Is there a good variety? What are the price points? We will probably be eating there on our "off" days from the park, so just wondering if dh will be happy with the choices. :smooth: Thanks!

We are considering staying here for our first WDW trip next summer. I am wondering more about the food court. What kind of foods are offered? Is there a good variety? What are the price points? We will probably be eating there on our "off" days from the park, so just wondering if dh will be happy with the choices. :smooth: Thanks!

Check out LOTS of photos on pages 157 and 158. May be helpful with other stuff available in the food court other than just menu items!

Have any of you taken an Uber to the airport from AS Movies? Curious about cost and the amount of time it takes to get there.
We have assigned seats on the plane, and we are both TSA precheck so we dont need to get to the airport so early.

Have any of you taken an Uber to the airport from AS Movies? Curious about cost and the amount of time it takes to get there.
We have assigned seats on the plane, and we are both TSA precheck so we dont need to get to the airport so early.

I'm doing that next trip, so don't know exactly how much it is (but you figure a cab will run $50 - $60 so I guess Uber depending on the time of day will be likely half that).

It's about a half hour drive, without traffic.

You MAY be able to get answers on the Transportation thread! Good luck.

We are coming back to ASMo in June! :dogdance: Our fav resort...just FEELS like you are in the midst of all the excitement of Disney!

Anyway, just wondering, has anyone heard anything about any upcoming refurbishments at this hotel? Seems like the foodcourts at ASMusic and Sports were done awhile ago but I don't believe ASMo foodcourt was ever redone. Thanks!

Seems like the foodcourts at ASMusic and Sports were done awhile ago but I don't believe ASMo foodcourt was ever redone. Thanks!

Movies was the last All-Star built and Disney "plussed" it in several areas when compared to Sports and Music.

World Premiere was one of those "plusses"-it is MUCH nicer than the "original" End Zone and Intermission.

I wouldn't look for World Premiere to be rebuilt for several more years.:)

Thanks! We love the foodcourt there too. So many options. Just was hoping it wouldn't hit refurb while we were there. LOL

I am really looking forward to checking out this resort. I have only stayed on monorail resorts in the past and now am DVC at BLT. We are coming in early and picked AS movies for the two nights. It seems really themed and fun! Of course it will have different ammenities compared to the other places we normally stay I am excited about trying something new! Thanks for all the info.
One question- we are a hockey family and would love the mighty ducks section....how far is it really? Since we will only be there from super late Fri. night to very early Sunday morning-we will only access the buses to and from AK on Saturday and then off to O'Hana for breakfast and MK (waiting to check in to BLT)
Second question- do they have luggage service to move luggage from one disney resort to another at ASM?
Thanks!!

One question- we are a hockey family and would love the mighty ducks section....how far is it really? Since we will only be there from super late Fri. night to very early Sunday morning-we will only access the buses to and from AK on Saturday and then off to O'Hana for breakfast and MK (waiting to check in to BLT)

A nice thing about the Mighty Ducks section is that you're adjacent to All-Star Music, and so it's a short walk to that resort's bus stop, food court, and main pool. During my stay at Movies we used the Music bus stop in the mornings rather than the actual Movies bus stop, and I split my visits between the Music and Movies food courts.

jcarwash- I am looking to get in the hockey themed pool for at least a little bit, is it a long walk from the Mighty Ducks sections? Thanks!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter