Disney's ALL-STAR MOVIES RESORT Information & Questions

Hi all:
I'll be staying at ASMo from 4/22 to 4/27. We have an early ADR at 8 AM at Crystal Palace on 4/23. I've read that buses only start 45 minutes prior to park opening, which on that day would be 9 AM. Any recommendations on getting to MK for our ADR?

Hi all:
I'll be staying at ASMo from 4/22 to 4/27. We have an early ADR at 8 AM at Crystal Palace on 4/23. I've read that buses only start 45 minutes prior to park opening, which on that day would be 9 AM. Any recommendations on getting to MK for our ADR?
The MK buses will start running between 6:00 AM and 6:30 AM.:)

First MK Bus Time From A Stay At The All-Stars
32583979491_7cd82f74f4_c.jpg

Last edited:
Hi all:

As you can see above, the buses start running a lot earlier than the "official" time of 45 minutes prior to park opening.

On our (me, bf) upcoming trip we're doing POR/AKL (renting DVC pts). It's all set in stone, and we're very excited...

But for some reason (really, I can't remember :confused:) I got into researching ASMo today and I love it! We have to attend two weddings next May + June, ironically both are in Orlando. I'll probably book a room at ASMo for at least one of these stays. Naturally, we'll hit the parks around the wedding since we're already there :yay:

The 101D and Toy Story buildings are SO CUTE. It almost pains me that I never got to stay here in my childhood. They're just adorable! :lovestruc I understand some people think the decor is garish or tacky, and the food/small rooms/whatever seem near constant thorns for others, esp families. But we're just a couple, so the space isn't even on my radar as a potential problem. I relish rooms with two beds so I can stretch out by myself again :laughing:

In typical Disney overplanning, I'm already browsing through touringplans' room finder. Thinking to book preferred and requesting third floor rooms in Dalmatians or Toy Story with views of their courtyards. I love the thought of seeing the huge Pongo or Perdita or Andy's room from our window!

My only real concern is that there's been lots of chatter over the AC in these rooms. Mainly, that you can't really adjust them properly :scared: Since they're outdoor hallways, and our friends are torturing us with Florida summer weddings, can anyone speak to room temps? I need AC!

Aside from that, I'm just ridiculously eager to stay at ASMo and soaking in everyone else's experiences on this thread :flower1:

On our (me, bf) upcoming trip we're doing POR/AKL (renting DVC pts). It's all set in stone, and we're very excited...

But for some reason (really, I can't remember :confused:) I got into researching ASMo today and I love it! We have to attend two weddings next May + June, ironically both are in Orlando. I'll probably book a room at ASMo for at least one of these stays. Naturally, we'll hit the parks around the wedding since we're already there :yay:

The 101D and Toy Story buildings are SO CUTE. It almost pains me that I never got to stay here in my childhood. They're just adorable! :lovestruc I understand some people think the decor is garish or tacky, and the food/small rooms/whatever seem near constant thorns for others, esp families. But we're just a couple, so the space isn't even on my radar as a potential problem. I relish rooms with two beds so I can stretch out by myself again :laughing:

In typical Disney overplanning, I'm already browsing through touringplans' room finder. Thinking to book preferred and requesting third floor rooms in Dalmatians or Toy Story with views of their courtyards. I love the thought of seeing the huge Pongo or Perdita or Andy's room from our window!

My only real concern is that there's been lots of chatter over the AC in these rooms. Mainly, that you can't really adjust them properly :scared: Since they're outdoor hallways, and our friends are torturing us with Florida summer weddings, can anyone speak to room temps? I need AC!

Aside from that, I'm just ridiculously eager to stay at ASMo and soaking in everyone else's experiences on this thread :flower1:
We ❤️❤️❤️ ASMo. AC is fine. No worries! Lol, every Fantasia Mickey in my sig is a stay there!

We ❤️❤️❤️ ASMo. AC is fine. No worries! Lol, every Fantasia Mickey in my sig is a stay there!

My stars, there are so many Sorcerer Mickeys! A ringing endorsement if I've ever seen one :)

(goes without saying, but very cool signature. I'll have to use this idea then avoid you on the boards :laughing:)

My stars, there are so many Sorcerer Mickeys! A ringing endorsement if I've ever seen one :)

(goes without saying, but very cool signature. I'll have to use this idea then avoid you on the boards :laughing:)
Lol, thought it was funny our tickers were similar too! This yr, with children older, we opted for 2 rooms at ASMo. More space, 2 bathrooms too! And we love the theme so much! Didn't want to do a suite at music. As you can see, we have stayed at many other Disney resorts...but ASMo is our fav!! And allows us to make all these trips! BTW, if you pin trade, which I strongly recommend, it is awesome here and you can get off at music, trade in their store, and easily get to your room in Dalmations. Other days, do ASMO. Nice to switch it up.

Lol, thought it was funny our tickers were similar too!
Yes!! but very sadly, I changed mine to a smaller ticker :( downsized because I wanted to include an image in my signature... but the space guidelines limited me, and after 1,000 years of trying I gave up and placed it in my profile info instead :laughing:

This yr, with children older, we opted for 2 rooms at ASMo. More space, 2 bathrooms too! And we love the theme so much! Didn't want to do a suite at music. As you can see, we have stayed at many other Disney resorts...but ASMo is our fav!! And allows us to make all these trips! BTW, if you pin trade, which I strongly recommend, it is awesome here and you can get off at music, trade in their store, and easily get to your room in Dalmations. Other days, do ASMO. Nice to switch it up.
Oh boy, I just glanced at the ASMu suites... I don't blame you. Theming is MUCH better at ASMo! And I will definitely keep that in mind for pin trading, thank you for the tip. Always so nice to learn things like this that I might not have known otherwise! :)

The AC is pretty much the same at all Disney resorts. It only goes so low and if you want it lower you have to call maintenance to come fix it.

You all have gotten me so excited for our upcoming stay! We found a better flight and added an extra day onto our trip, so we'll have one night at ASMo before moving to CBR. With all the awesome decor, I'm afraid my kiddos aren't going to like our switch to CBR very much!

Hi! My daughter and I will be staying at ASMo in late August. We are booked for a preferred room. Any benefit of one building over the others? My daughter likes either Dalmations or Toy Story. I told her we can request one but there are no promises we will get it Anything I should be considering between these 2 for a request? Thanks!

We loved Toy Story, just stayed there in March 2017. Short walk to Food court, and a parking lot very close, and never many cars there. I enjoyed how shady the grounds were. We did walk around and visit all the various areas, just for fun. It appeared that groups were staying in Ducks and Dalmations, during our stay. (no problems at all with them, but I saw none in Toy Story). We were behind Buzz facing the courtyard, facing Woody. It was nice seeing them as we exited the room each morning.

We rarely stay in an All Stars, we are DVC owners, and more often stay in an Art of A suite, if we go with a cash reservation in a Value resort. But, it was fine, no complaints.

I just booked a solo trip in September to celebrate my 50th birthday. I haven't stayed at Movies for a long time. Last I was there Toy Story was still standard rooms, it was that long ago. The only room type available was standard so that is what I am booked in. So my room will be in either Mighty Ducks or Love Bug, correct? My mobility isn't great, so I am thinking I may need an ECV to get around the resort AND parks now.

Is all star movies not included in the discounts? Every time I look it doesn't come up. Looking to add a few nights here before we move. Have never stayed here but kids like the big characters!!

Is all star movies not included in the discounts? Every time I look it doesn't come up. Looking to add a few nights here before we move. Have never stayed here but kids like the big characters!!
I'm not sure what discount you are looking for but I don't think they are generally included. I couldn't get it for my free dining bounceback.

I got the Enchanted Escape discount for September.

It shows up when I do a big search but then when I click to book it doesnt have the discount applied??

When are you going? There have been many glitches on the Disney site for the last 6 days or so but I know it is hard to find a discount at Movies. Is this your trip in 3 weeks? You might have to call to make the change. I was lucky to get it for September.

I have a questions.... We just got back from POFQ 2 weeks ago and there are new toiletries in their rooms. Is this also true at Movies?

They used to always be included, however a few years ago, they stopped being included in as many. What specific discount are you looking for? I know they have not been included in free dining in a number of years now.

We are booked for Oct/Nov in a Standard room. Are there any standard rooms in the Toy Story buildings or are they all Preferred rooms? Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter