Disney's ALL-STAR MOVIES RESORT Information & Questions

So I was at ASMo July 10-July 15. There was an Avanti refrigerator in the room but that thing wasn't working at all. It was plugged in but it wasn't cold or even cool.

I called the front desk about the issue and they immediately went into "we are having issues with defective refrigerators" spiel and explained staff had just completed going around unplugging the fridges and leaving a letter of explanation. They asked if I had a letter and I said no. The guy said okay make sure the knob is turned all the way to cool then.

I could tell they weren't in a position to fix or replace any broken refrigerators, even if this one wasn't subject to the recall. We didn't press any further as it wasn't a critical issue.

So, I don't know if I had a defective fridge that wasn't labeled with any letter, or if I just had a broken fridge that I wasn't going to get fixed.

Thanks for the info! Sorry to hear you had one but it wasn't working. Not any better than not having one. It seems the resorts are all dealing with this situation differently...I heard POR is not putting guests in rooms w/o fridges, but ASMo may have higher occupancy levels.

Any other recent experiences?

We stayed at ASMo last year (actually every year for the last 11years) and the fridge wasn't cold. Called housekeeping, they sent someone right away (early in morning) he said he fixed it. Came back from the parks and it still wasn't cold. DH saw an official looking guy and told him and he sent an entire new fridge which they just put on the floor. So then we had 2. :confused3

Thanks for the info! Sorry to hear you had one but it wasn't working. Not any better than not having one. It seems the resorts are all dealing with this situation differently...I heard POR is not putting guests in rooms w/o fridges, but ASMo may have higher occupancy levels.

Any other recent experiences?

When we checked in the CM remarked they were pretty full. I would guess they don't have the flexibility to avoid rooms without fridges.

I apologize if this question was already asked. I think im getting a preferred room from 6/26/14 to 7/2/14. Is ASMo preferred one of the resorts they usually offer a discount to visa cardholders? If so, does anyone know what % they may offer off? Thanks

Anyone with updates in fridges at ASMo?? How much of the resort is currently without them, and any idea when they'll be replaced?

Hi all, just one question (for now). I have been searching the thread for the answer so apologize in advance if it was done but I could not find it.

I'm staying at ASM for Marathon weekend and my flight arrives in Orlando at 9am. Check in is at 3pm.

I have no problem waiting for the room to be ready by 3pm but would it be possible for me to get my KTTW card early so I can at least hit the parks and the marathon expo while the room is ready?

Hi all, just one question (for now). I have been searching the thread for the answer so apologize in advance if it was done but I could not find it.

I'm staying at ASM for Marathon weekend and my flight arrives in Orlando at 9am. Check in is at 3pm.

I have no problem waiting for the room to be ready by 3pm but would it be possible for me to get my KTTW card early so I can at least hit the parks and the marathon expo while the room is ready?

Yes you can get your park tickets before your room is available and they can text you when your room is available. You can actually pick up your park tickets up to ( I think?) 3 days before your check in date.

You can check in BEFORE 3 pm, and if your room is ready, they'll let you in. If it's not ready, they give you your tickets. We checked in at 8:30 am one time. No biggie.

For more info on ticket pick-up, visit the ticket sticky post found here:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1452684

Another in-room refrigerator question. I'm anticipating NOT having a functioning refrigerator in our room for our September trip to ASMovies. We were bringing down a cooler anyway for our roadtrip for sandwiches. We originally planned to empty it out upon arrival, and leave it empty in our vehicle for the duration of the trip. But, now I'm thinking of bringing it into our room and using it to keep some waters and juice boxes cool for the kids. But I'm a little worried it will take up too much space in the room, since it's going to be a tight fit as it is. It's an Igloo cube-style cooler.

My question is: Are the refrigerators gone and the cabinet empty now, allowing us to use it for some storage? Or are they all just still sitting there unplugged (dead space!)? I'm also wondering if anyone has brought a cooler to their room recently and where they managed to fit it without using too much valuable storage space.

Another in-room refrigerator question. I'm anticipating NOT having a functioning refrigerator in our room for our September trip to ASMovies. We were bringing down a cooler anyway for our roadtrip for sandwiches. We originally planned to empty it out upon arrival, and leave it empty in our vehicle for the duration of the trip. But, now I'm thinking of bringing it into our room and using it to keep some waters and juice boxes cool for the kids. But I'm a little worried it will take up too much space in the room, since it's going to be a tight fit as it is. It's an Igloo cube-style cooler.

My question is: Are the refrigerators gone and the cabinet empty now, allowing us to use it for some storage? Or are they all just still sitting there unplugged (dead space!)? I'm also wondering if anyone has brought a cooler to their room recently and where they managed to fit it without using too much valuable storage space.

I wonder if it would fit under the sink??

I don't know the answer about whether the fridge's are still there, but back when they had refrig only by request (different dresser/tv stand) we fit a fridge, a pack and play, and a double stroller all in our room, with no problem. We put the fridge and the pack and play by the window, and still had the table and chairs where they were. There's more room than you think.

Can anyone tell me where the closest place is to buy bottled water, and some other provisions for the room. We are spending a night at ASMo and then moving to WL next morning. Don't want to spend a ton of time shopping. Just some stuff to grab and go. Maybe a Super Target or Walmart. Just closest place. Thanks.:thumbsup2

Can anyone tell me where the closest place is to buy bottled water, and some other provisions for the room. We are spending a night at ASMo and then moving to WL next morning. Don't want to spend a ton of time shopping. Just some stuff to grab and go. Maybe a Super Target or Walmart. Just closest place. Thanks.:thumbsup2
there is a Hess station just outside ASMo if you just need a few basics.

there is a Hess station just outside ASMo if you just need a few basics.

I'd be glad to be wrong, but the closest Hess station I'm aware of is the one near Disney's BoardWalk resort, which is over 3 miles away from ASMo.

Definitely close by if you have a car, but not within walking distance from ASMo.

Staying in the all star movies for the first time this fall... Worried about some of the recent trip advisor reviews. Should we be concerned? Hoping for some positive feedback...

Staying in the all star movies for the first time this fall... Worried about some of the recent trip advisor reviews. Should we be concerned? Hoping for some positive feedback...

You should not be concerned. All-Star Movies provides the same kind of Disney value resort experience you'll get at AoA, Pop Century, and the other All-Star resorts. If you're familiar with that, I think you'll be perfectly happy. I'd be glad to stay at ASMo again, especially now that it's still priced less than (for standard rooms) my usual Pop Century.

My room in Mighty Ducks was exactly what I expected from a value resort room -- good condition, comfortable, not super special but satisfying.

I peeked at Trip Advisor reviews to see what people were saying, and one about how Disney won't honor your requests jumped out at me. Indeed I requested Mighty Ducks when I made my reservation, and again during online check-in. When I arrived they had assigned me to Love Bug. I asked about my request, and within minutes I got a perfect reassignment to what I preferred. No freak out necessary. CM was great, friendly, patient.

Yes, there is a defective refrigerator issue across Walt Disney World. The fridge in my room was not working and wasn't labeled as being one of the defective ones. I did call to ask about it, and I could tell they really weren't in a position to fix it as the fridge problem had just unfolded that week. You can freak out about it if you want. I didn't. This was my first visit since value resorts included fridges in the room, so it's still a bonus to me. Perhaps by your fall visit the fridge situation will be much better as they continue to work on replacing defective ones.

As long as you realize you are staying at a value resort, you will be very pleased. :thumbsup2 We have stayed at AsMo in the past and will be there again in September. It is very well laid out and there is plenty to do. The rooms are clean, spacious and functional. There are 2 pools, an arcade, gift shop, and even a quick service food court on the resort! It is decorated perfect for little kids (that's why we keep staying here) and I found it pretty neato too! I've never had any problem with my requests not being honored and the CM's are always very helpful. Hope your trip is all that you want it to be!pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:

I'd be glad to be wrong, but the closest Hess station I'm aware of is the one near Disney's BoardWalk resort, which is over 3 miles away from ASMo.

Definitely close by if you have a car, but not within walking distance from ASMo.

You're not wrong.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter