Disney's ALL-STAR MOVIES RESORT Information & Questions

Does anyone know how big the refrigerators are? We'll probably have some food & drink items delivered, but I don't want to get too many perishables if they won't fit in the fridge.

Thanks.

OH NO!!

Apparently it was announced today that ALL room fridges at Disney resorts are being removed or disconnected due to a problem. They will eventually be replaced, but it is expected to take at least 4 months.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3138895

I'm really bummed about not having a fridge in the room. It's where we kept our water bottles and milk for cereal in the morning. It may not seem like a big deal to some, but it's a feature we utilize every day on our trip. :sad2:

I really hope the free dining rumors for fall become a reality. If not, it might just make more sense for some families to stay offsite.

OH NO!!

Apparently it was announced today that ALL room fridges at Disney resorts are being removed or disconnected due to a problem. They will eventually be replaced, but it is expected to take at least 4 months.

Some ways to interpret what was written...

They used the word "some" to describe fridges that were defective, and they used the word "all" to describe all the resorts. So that can mean some fridges have been identified at all resorts...perhaps not all fridges at all resorts.

It could take at least 4 months to replace...this could mean they cannot replace them all at once, but that the duration of the replacement work could stretch out for while. I'd also wonder about the use of the words "at least" -- sometimes people use the wrong phrase to mean "at most."

Hi everybody, we are coming aaaaalll the way from Argentina and staying at the ASMo from Sept 17 to 27.
First time there, we've stayed at Sports in 1998 and POP on 2011 and 2012 so I was trying to decide what was the best area.

We don't mind being a little far away from the lobby/food court, in fact we enjoy quiet areas, close to the parking lot, so I was thinking that the Mighty Ducks could be a good option, specially because it is so close to the ASMu lobby!

Anyone stayed there and was using the ASMu foodcourt more than the ASMo's ? Is that an option ?

Thanks for your help :thumbsup2

Hi everybody, we are coming aaaaalll the way from Argentina and staying at the ASMo from Sept 17 to 27.
First time there, we've stayed at Sports in 1998 and POP on 2011 and 2012 so I was trying to decide what was the best area.

We don't mind being a little far away from the lobby/food court, in fact we enjoy quiet areas, close to the parking lot, so I was thinking that the Mighty Ducks could be a good option, specially because it is so close to the ASMu lobby!

Anyone stayed there and was using the ASMu foodcourt more than the ASMo's ? Is that an option ?

Just be aware that Sports food court is being refurbished so the guests there are being bussed to Music and Movies.

Just be aware that Sports food court is being refurbished so the guests there are being bussed to Music and Movies.

Yes, thanks, I'm aware of that since it was announced.
Not good news of course but we did the upgrade to the Dining Plan so we will only use the hotel foodcourt to have breakfast.

Just booked ASMo, hubby is running the Tower of Terror 10miler in October, we will be there from Oct 3 - Oct 8. This will be our first time staying at an All Stars, and we are looking forward to it. :)

We stayed in the Mighty Ducks, building #3, on the third floor back in May. Our room faced the quiet pool. It was so nice and quiet in that spot. We often walked across to music for buses and the food court. We also used the music buses back from the park if it was there first. I would say the walk to music is half the walk to the food court in movies.

We stayed in the Mighty Ducks, building #3, on the third floor back in May. Our room faced the quiet pool. It was so nice and quiet in that spot. We often walked across to music for buses and the food court. We also used the music buses back from the park if it was there first. I would say the walk to music is half the walk to the food court in movies.

Thank you Syaheyrenee, that was exactly what I wanted to read. :)
We are not going to use the buses because we'll have a car but a quiet spot and close to a lobby sounds perfect.

:thumbsup2

Can someone please clarify the pizza offer, when used with the dining plan? It is 2 counter-service credits, right? (Not table-service credits) and comes with 2 drinks and 2 desserts? Is it carry-out only? Room delivery only? What are the dessert options?
Thanks!

Out of them all...I think Movies has the best food court. As far as decor. It just feels great in there! And I looooooooooooooooove the beverage bar.
Every night at the end of a day in the parks...no matter how tired I was, I would get my wife a drink from the beverage bar (so she can sip while she reads before turning in for the night.) ..and then head back, grab my beverage (and another and another and ANOTHER) and sit at the pool or by the "Silver Screen Spirits" outdoor bar...and just think about the day that was...and the day that's to come! All while listening to the laughter and music coming from that great pool!

Awesome! And truly MaGiCaL!!

pixiedust:

Out of them all...I think Movies has the best food court. As far as decor. It just feels great in there! And I looooooooooooooooove the beverage bar.

I agree -- I used both the Music and Movies food courts during my stay at ASMo and you could tell by the time they built Movies they needed to expand the service and seating areas.

I too found Cinema Hall more appealing than Melody Hall, and I think the food court area starts to resemble the food court section of Everything Pop! at Pop Century, which came later.

It will be really interesting to see how the food court concept is redone at All-Star Sports.

Can someone please clarify the pizza offer, when used with the dining plan? It is 2 counter-service credits, right? (Not table-service credits) and comes with 2 drinks and 2 desserts? Is it carry-out only? Room delivery only? What are the dessert options?
Thanks!

popcorn::

Thanks!

Sorry, I have no experience on this so I'm no help.

I would like to agree with PP's that ASMo's food court is best. In fact, it was the determining factor for us switching from ASMu to ASMo for October. While I thought it would be fun to try ASMu, I didn't want to deal with a smaller food court with the ASSp food court being closed during our trip.

Also, I've decided to splurge and book a preferred room this time, hoping for the Toy Story section as a surprise for my DD. I think we'll enjoy being closer to the food court & busses for our weeklong trip.

Is anyone currently at or just back from ASMo who can comment on the refrigerator situation? Do you/did you have one in your room? Thanks!

Is anyone currently at or just back from ASMo who can comment on the refrigerator situation? Do you/did you have one in your room? Thanks!

So I was at ASMo July 10-July 15. There was an Avanti refrigerator in the room but that thing wasn't working at all. It was plugged in but it wasn't cold or even cool.

I called the front desk about the issue and they immediately went into "we are having issues with defective refrigerators" spiel and explained staff had just completed going around unplugging the fridges and leaving a letter of explanation. They asked if I had a letter and I said no. The guy said okay make sure the knob is turned all the way to cool then.

I could tell they weren't in a position to fix or replace any broken refrigerators, even if this one wasn't subject to the recall. We didn't press any further as it wasn't a critical issue.

So, I don't know if I had a defective fridge that wasn't labeled with any letter, or if I just had a broken fridge that I wasn't going to get fixed.

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter