disneymoon resort

Leleluvsdis

DIS Veteran
my fiance and I are doing a 7 night cruise, but it dosen't leave until the following saturday after our saturday evening wedding, so we are planning on flying down on tuesday before our cruise on Saturday, but was wondering where to stay in disney. Before we have stayed at shades of green with my parents, so we aren't familiar with the other resorts more then what we've seen online. We are looking at CBR, Cont. or WL, any suggestions would be greatly appreiated. thanks!

DH and I stayed at CBR for our first anniversary and we just loved it. I thought the landscaping and theming made it super romantic. We really enjoyed the quiet pools and the hammocks.

We also enjoyed WL but I didn't think it felt particularly romantic. Actually, the most romantic resort we have stayed in was AKL. It was fabulous!

Of the choices you mentioned, I would pick the WL.

But my personal preference would be BWI.

You might want to consider which park you are likely to visit most and pick a resort close to that park. You might also consider the theme of each resort and which one might be most romantic for you.

WL is great! My DH and I split our stay between WL and AKL on our honeymoon last summer. We had booked the Honeymoon suite at WL, mostly because of the pictures of the amazing jacuzzi tub! We were surprised with an AMAZING upgrade to the Vice-Presidential Suite when we got there, so we never saw that tub (definitely OK with me with the upgrade:goodvibes ) but the lodge had a really romantic feel! We enjoyed sitting on our balcony and looking at the lake or just sitting in the lobby together. It really seemed to calm us down after a long day in the crowded parks.

my fiance and I are doing a 7 night cruise, but it dosen't leave until the following saturday after our saturday evening wedding, so we are planning on flying down on tuesday before our cruise on Saturday, but was wondering where to stay in disney. Before we have stayed at shades of green with my parents, so we aren't familiar with the other resorts more then what we've seen online. We are looking at CBR, Cont. or WL, any suggestions would be greatly appreiated. thanks!
Out of those 3 I would choose WL.
Is GF or YC an option?

out of yuor choices I say WL, but my personal fav. and my honeymoon spot was GF. SSOOO romantic and wonderful! good luck!

Out of the three, CR but with a tower MK view.

But I would go with the honeymoon "garden" suite in BWI. So adorable, few children & great location for parks & nightlife!

Here's a little info from www.allearsnet.com there's pics on the site, too:

"The Garden Suites are designed for Honeymooners but can easily accommodate a family of four and are two stories. There are 14 Garden Suites and all but three have private entrance courtyards. The three that do not, have private balconies. The yards are separated by white picket fences that are about 3 feet tall. Each of the front yards are individually landscaped. At the gated entrance to the yard, there is a small decorative bird house with the room number on it. These front yards lead to the one and only entry way of the suite, and are being grown into manicured rose gardens.

There is a living room on the first floor and a bedroom loft on the second floor. The first floor has a TV, 1/2 bath, bread bar, and a queen size sofa bed. The 2nd level loft, in most cases, overlooks the lower level which creates a very large, vaulted ceiling effect. The three with private balconies have more of an actually separate second level. Either way, the second level features an elevated King size bed. Upstairs you will also find an addition TV, and a full bath with a giant Jacuzzi tub that will easily accommodate two people. There is even a third mini TV for viewing while in the Jacuzzi tub." :love:

out of your choices I would do WL

but my preference for you would be BW

think you will be happier

We are staying at the WL for our Disney moon in September.. If I were to do a mod it would have been POFQ which is where we stayed when we got engaged.. Congrats

We are staying at WL for our honeymoon and couldn't be more excited! I haven't stayed at any of the choices you named, but from what I've seen in pictures, WL looks amazing! :goodvibes

We stayed at WL for our honeymoon and loved it. The theming is fabulous, but it doesn't appeal to everyone. Some people find GF romantic, but I am not a fan (too "grandma's house" to me, as another DISer put it) and wouldn't stay there for a honeymoon. It really helps if you look at pics at allears.net to see what appeals for you.

I would go with YC if that is an option. The proximity to Epcot's WS is great as that is where we ended every evening - eating and drinking our way around the "world" showcase and watching the show. It would be fabulous to just walk (stumble?) back to your hotel room through the back entrance of Epcot (you can also walk to BC and BW, which is a little further than BC and YC, if those appeal to you more than YC).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter