Disneyland Tickets: How many Airmiles Points needed to redeem?

Mama Bear Me2

Mouseketeer
Hi Everyone! Does anyone know how many Airmiles Points are needed to redeem for Disneyland Tickets? Specifically, looking for information on Disneyland Ticket Category & Points for said category.

Unfortunately, it's been years since I last redeemed for tickets and I cannot log into my Airmiles account. I forgot my login PIN. I also requested a reset password email but didn't receive an email. I know Airmiles has my email address because I regularly receive emails from them so I'm not sure what's going on. I tried online chatting and calling Airmiles but they are closed until Monday.

Therefore, I thought I'd ask Disboard for help. If anyone has time to log into their Airmiles account, please take photos of the Disneyland Tickets redemption levels and please post photos here.

Many thanks in advance for your kind assistance! Happy Saturday everyone! :love:

NOTE: please excuse my double posts but I will be posting this request on BOTH the regular Disneyland Forum & the Canadian Disneyland Forum.

Hi Everyone! Does anyone know how many Airmiles Points are needed to redeem for Disneyland Tickets? Specifically, looking for information on Disneyland Ticket Category & Points for said category.

Unfortunately, it's been years since I last redeemed for tickets and I cannot log into my Airmiles account. I forgot my login PIN. I also requested a reset password email but didn't receive an email. I know Airmiles has my email address because I regularly receive emails from them so I'm not sure what's going on. I tried online chatting and calling Airmiles but they are closed until Monday.

Therefore, I thought I'd ask Disboard for help. If anyone has time to log into their Airmiles account, please take photos of the Disneyland Tickets redemption levels and please post photos here.

Many thanks in advance for your kind assistance! Happy Saturday everyone! :love:

NOTE: please excuse my double posts but I will be posting this request on BOTH the regular Disneyland Forum & the Canadian Disneyland Forum.
Here you go!

hopper with Genie.jpgHoppers.jpgOne park plus Genie.jpgOne park.jpg

@ Aladora: Thank you so much for your help! Everyone on Disboards is always so friendly and generous about helping out fellow members. Sending :love: for a lovey Sunday. Take care!

@ Aladora: Thank you so much for your help! Everyone on Disboards is always so friendly and generous about helping out fellow members. Sending :love: for a lovey Sunday. Take care!
My pleasure! If you hover your mouse over each photo, you will see which kind of ticket the prices are for. (1 park per day, park hoppers with G, etc.)

My advice is to make your dates much earlier than required so that you get the ticket voucher in a reasonable time. These can always be changed when you add them to your app.
Otherwise you may end up waiting to receive them and miss out on getting a reservation.
I also noticed that the amount of miles needed for tickets has gone way up in. the last two years.

My pleasure! If you hover your mouse over each photo, you will see which kind of ticket the prices are for. (1 park per day, park hoppers with G, etc.)
Thank you. Didn't know about the hover over the mouse. Glad you pointed that out. Have a good day.

My advice is to make your dates much earlier than required so that you get the ticket voucher in a reasonable time. These can always be changed when you add them to your app.
Otherwise you may end up waiting to receive them and miss out on getting a reservation.
I also noticed that the amount of miles needed for tickets has gone way up in. the last two years.
Thank you. Great tip! I noticed the huge increases in miles needed for tickets also. My first reaction was "Yikes! That's a lot of points needed".

To clarify:

1) We choose or advise dates when redeeming Airmiles Tickets BUT can change the dates later when making reservations?

2) The fine print on the photos state that tickets redeemed in 2023 expire in January 2024. Any idea when tickets for 2024 will be available? What happens if I redeem 2023 tickets but don't go until summer 2024? Will the 2023 tickets still be valid BUT I will need to pay a price difference? Where do I pay the price difference? At the gates?

3) Unfortunately, like you suggested, the best plan is to redeem the tickets early in order to make a reservation. However, the current 2023 tickets expire in January 2024.

4) Needing a reservation date for entrance is such a headache. It looks like I may have to wait for the 2024 airmiles tickets to be available before I'll have tickets to make a reservation. Also frustrating is needing to book flight, car, accommodations in advance and hoping to get reservation dates that we need after.

5) Crossing fingers that the reservation system goes away. We don't have the best luck with our Disneyland visits. On a previous trip, we never made it into the parks for our planned Day 1. It had to be delayed because Day 1 turned into an emergency hospital visit for our son. If an unexpected delay happens again, I'm not sure that we can even get a replacement reservation and might end up losing an already paid for Park day. Also, the emergency hospital visit was last minute ... woke up on Day 1 for the parks but ended up going to the hospital instead. If the reservation system was in place back then, we would have had no time to even attempt to change our reservation.

Thanks for any extra info you can provide. Have a great day!

Thank you. Great tip! I noticed the huge increases in miles needed for tickets also. My first reaction was "Yikes! That's a lot of points needed".

To clarify:

1) We choose or advise dates when redeeming Airmiles Tickets BUT can change the dates later when making reservations?

2) The fine print on the photos state that tickets redeemed in 2023 expire in January 2024. Any idea when tickets for 2024 will be available? What happens if I redeem 2023 tickets but don't go until summer 2024? Will the 2023 tickets still be valid BUT I will need to pay a price difference? Where do I pay the price difference? At the gates?

3) Unfortunately, like you suggested, the best plan is to redeem the tickets early in order to make a reservation. However, the current 2023 tickets expire in January 2024.

4) Needing a reservation date for entrance is such a headache. It looks like I may have to wait for the 2024 airmiles tickets to be available before I'll have tickets to make a reservation. Also frustrating is needing to book flight, car, accommodations in advance and hoping to get reservation dates that we need after.

5) Crossing fingers that the reservation system goes away. We don't have the best luck with our Disneyland visits. On a previous trip, we never made it into the parks for our planned Day 1. It had to be delayed because Day 1 turned into an emergency hospital visit for our son. If an unexpected delay happens again, I'm not sure that we can even get a replacement reservation and might end up losing an already paid for Park day. Also, the emergency hospital visit was last minute ... woke up on Day 1 for the parks but ended up going to the hospital instead. If the reservation system was in place back then, we would have had no time to even attempt to change our reservation.

Thanks for any extra info you can provide. Have a great day!

1. Yes, you can change the dates later. I think the only ones you cannot change are the 1 day tickets for a specific date but since AM only does 3, 4, 5 day tickets it will not be a problem.

2. The value of the tickets remain but you will have to pay the difference, iirc it is at the ticket booth.

3. Correct, the ones for sale now expire Jan 2024.

4. Correct, you will have to wait for the 2024 ones but park reservations only open up 120 days out so even if they sold 2024 tickets now, you can only book for dates up to October 10, 2023. Also, park reservations do not book THAT quickly. As of today, reservations are open for every single day at both parks from today until October 10, which is the furthest out the calendar goes on the DL website.

5. ugh, emergencies on vacation are always tough but in the unfortunate chance that one happens to you again, I would talk to the cast member at the ticket booth to see if they can help.

1. Yes, you can change the dates later. I think the only ones you cannot change are the 1 day tickets for a specific date but since AM only does 3, 4, 5 day tickets it will not be a problem.

2. The value of the tickets remain but you will have to pay the difference, iirc it is at the ticket booth.

3. Correct, the ones for sale now expire Jan 2024.

4. Correct, you will have to wait for the 2024 ones but park reservations only open up 120 days out so even if they sold 2024 tickets now, you can only book for dates up to October 10, 2023. Also, park reservations do not book THAT quickly. As of today, reservations are open for every single day at both parks from today until October 10, which is the furthest out the calendar goes on the DL website.

5. ugh, emergencies on vacation are always tough but in the unfortunate chance that one happens to you again, I would talk to the cast member at the ticket booth to see if they can help.
Thank you again for the information! Especially #4 ... thanks for the reassurances that the reservations don't book that quickly. Eases some of my stress as I'm an extreme worrier ... as you can tell ... don't plan to visit until summer 2024 and I'm here asking a bunch of questions in June 2023!

Disboards helped me navigate Disneyland on our last trip. The expert advice given on this forum is invaluable especially given the new changes ... it's a whole new ball game for us.

There's a lot of extra and different things for our family to consider for this new trip. We're basically "newbies".

We're from Canada and since our last trip my husband had heart surgery. You probably have seen my other posts inquiring about medical insurance. Can't use my planning from last time since certain companies have shut down etc.. during Covid.

Therefore, I'm basically planning from scratch for everything ... flights, car rental, accommodations, medical insurance, reservation system, genie+ or not to genie+, data carriers etc. etc. My kids passports have also expired too. Lots to consider so that's why I've started planning early ... a little at a time is less overwhelming.

Thanks again for everyone's help!! Have an awesome day!

Thank you again for the information! Especially #4 ... thanks for the reassurances that the reservations don't book that quickly. Eases some of my stress as I'm an extreme worrier ... as you can tell ... don't plan to visit until summer 2024 and I'm here asking a bunch of questions in June 2023!

Disboards helped me navigate Disneyland on our last trip. The expert advice given on this forum is invaluable especially given the new changes ... it's a whole new ball game for us.

There's a lot of extra and different things for our family to consider for this new trip. We're basically "newbies".

We're from Canada and since our last trip my husband had heart surgery. You probably have seen my other posts inquiring about medical insurance. Can't use my planning from last time since certain companies have shut down etc.. during Covid.

Therefore, I'm basically planning from scratch for everything ... flights, car rental, accommodations, medical insurance, reservation system, genie+ or not to genie+, data carriers etc. etc. My kids passports have also expired too. Lots to consider so that's why I've started planning early ... a little at a time is less overwhelming.

Thanks again for everyone's help!! Have an awesome day!

I'm also Canadian (West Coast) so if there is anything I might be able to help you with in planning, please feel free to send me a private message! Happy to help if I can!

I'm also Canadian (West Coast) so if there is anything I might be able to help you with in planning, please feel free to send me a private message! Happy to help if I can!
Thanks so much! West Coast also! Will do should I need help later on ... just started thinking about trip this weekend. :love:

Aladora is correct in everything they said. For myself, I prefer to have my tickets in hand (on my app) and not wait for Airmiles to send me the vouchers 2 weeks before travel.
When I travelled with tickets from Airmiles (Spring Break 2022) reservations were a little harder to reserve than they are now.
I did have issues with Airmiles because they issued all the vouchers in my name, and insisted that they couldn't change them, Disney would have an issue, and that I would have to deal with it when I arrived. Turned out to be no issue at all and I changed the names in the app.

Aladora is correct in everything they said. For myself, I prefer to have my tickets in hand (on my app) and not wait for Airmiles to send me the vouchers 2 weeks before travel.
When I travelled with tickets from Airmiles (Spring Break 2022) reservations were a little harder to reserve than they are now.
I did have issues with Airmiles because they issued all the vouchers in my name, and insisted that they couldn't change them, Disney would have an issue, and that I would have to deal with it when I arrived. Turned out to be no issue at all and I changed the names in the app.
Glad you were able to resolve the name issue but sorry you had the stress of that situation to deal with. Yikes! Didn't realize that tickets weren't sent out until about 2 weeks before travel. It's been awhile since I redeemed Airmiles tickets. Yes! Can see why to advise a much earlier travel date. Thanks for your help.

Glad you were able to resolve the name issue but sorry you had the stress of that situation to deal with. Yikes! Didn't realize that tickets weren't sent out until about 2 weeks before travel. It's been awhile since I redeemed Airmiles tickets. Yes! Can see why to advise a much earlier travel date. Thanks for your help.
This might have changed since Aug 2022 but I ordered WDW tickets through AM and had the vouchers within 48 hours of ordering.

This was in the email from RedTag:

Important Information
This confirmation is not your travel document. Vouchers are issued electronically and we will email them to you within 48 hours or 2 business days upon completion of your reservation. Please refer to the voucher for full terms and conditions applicable to the reservation.

This might have changed since Aug 2022 but I ordered WDW tickets through AM and had the vouchers within 48 hours of ordering.

This was in the email from RedTag:

Important Information
This confirmation is not your travel document. Vouchers are issued electronically and we will email them to you within 48 hours or 2 business days upon completion of your reservation. Please refer to the voucher for full terms and conditions applicable to the reservation.
Thanks!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter