Disneyland Resort Express and the $5 Coupon

ValpoCory

DIS Veteran
Has anyone ever used the $5 coupon that the Anaheim Orange County Visitor & Convention Bureau provides?

The fine print:
Save $5 per person on a one way or roundtrip transfer. Servicing LAX and Orange County Airport (SNA). Providing DIRECT scheduled services to/from the Anaheim Resort. No resevations required!*

Now, how do you best use the coupon? I am in a family of 4. Should I print out four coupons?

Here are the prices from SNA:
John Wayne/ Orange County Airport (SNA)
SNA Family Pass round-trip $79.99 (up to 5 people)
SNA Single Tickets (Hourly) round-trip Adult: $27 ($25 online) | Child: $18 ($16 online)

Buying 4 round trip tickets individually at the airport costs $90. If I print out four coupons, is it $20 off $90, or do they allow you to take the $20 off the $79.99 Family Pass?

Thanks in advance.

Also, I've tweeted them asking when the 2013 version of the coupon will be ready.
https://twitter.com/Anaheim_OC

Have you called them to ask? I wonder the same thing. This might be a better bet for us as a family of 5 than a taxi.

I did this but I can't remember if I printed 3 coupons or not.We bought the round trip tickets and received a voucher for our return trip when we paid.Just a side note....we did not pay when we got on the bus..but when we got off at the DLH.They took my coupon and I used Visa.
It was a very comfortable trip after we got out of LAX...that in itself was a crazy adventure:scared1:

It will be $5 off per person and round trip is cheaper.

I did this but I can't remember if I printed 3 coupons or not.We bought the round trip tickets and received a voucher for our return trip when we paid.Just a side note....we did not pay when we got on the bus..but when we got off at the DLH.They took my coupon and I used Visa.
It was a very comfortable trip after we got out of LAX...that in itself was a crazy adventure:scared1:

It will be $5 off per person and round trip is cheaper.

Thanks you. OK, so it sounds like printing one coupon is sufficient to getting $5 off per person. Now I just need to see if I can get $20 off the Family Pass or just the a la carte total.

They needed one coupon per person when I used it this week. I printed off three of them to use. My coupon did have an expiry date of Dec. 31/2012 on it..

They needed one coupon per person when I used it this week. I printed off three of them to use. My coupon did have an expiry date of Dec. 31/2012 on it..

Thanks.If they have another coupon I will print 3.Was the bus still wrapped with Disneyland logo?

If you fly into LAX the bus will not be wrapped with the Disney characters. It is a large white bus that you catch under the green signs. Not the small van that says Disney Express. They stop at each terminal, but after that it's a direct trip to the Disneyland Hotel.

You should only need 1 coupon based on the wording...
$5 off PER person
And from a business point of view I doubt you get $20 off the family pack, just $5 because
A- it's already discounted
B- it says on the booking page you receive one tic for everyone

You should only need 1 coupon based on the wording...
$5 off PER person
And from a business point of view I doubt you get $20 off the family pack, just $5 because
A- it's already discounted
B- it says on the booking page you receive one tic for everyone

Thanks. That's what I figured. Assuming they bring back the coupon, I'll buy 4 individual tickets and apply 4 coupons. $70 total instead of $74.99 or $79.99. If they don't bring back the coupon (and don't accept expired copies), then I'll just do the $79.99 Family Pass.

We did this back in September from SNA to DL. We only had one coupon as it said per person. We didn't buy our tickets ahead of time and we found out on the bus, as mentioned earlier in this thread, that you don't even buy the tickets when you board. The tickets are actually purchased at the Disneyland Hotel regardless of which hotel you are going to. I do remember transferring buses at that point as well, but not sure what the change was necessary for (it had been a long day). What made me laugh was after I gave the coupon to the guy handing out the tickets he almost whispered the price to me, as if not the inform anyone else on the bus. Oh, and bring cash. It seemed as though it might be a pain to pay any other way.

We have ridden this twice round trip and both times paid with a credit card. The guy who took my coupon had a portable credit card machine with him.

We used the Disneyland Express in December from SNA and we used a coupon for each person. We also had to pay for our tickets at the kiosk at the airport before boarding and they had a sign posted that said credit cards only.

We used the Disneyland Express in December from SNA and we used a coupon for each person. We also had to pay for our tickets at the kiosk at the airport before boarding and they had a sign posted that said credit cards only.

Interesting. Thanks for your response. How did you turn in your coupon to a kiosk? Was there a person there to assist you in the transaction? If so, what time of day and which day of the week did that happen? We are arriving around 3:30pm on a Saturday.

Meanwhile, no 2013 version of the $5 off coupon yet. Has anyone tried to use an expired 2012 coupon in 2013? Are they accepting them still?

So here's an update. Currently, the only publicly available non-expired Disneyland Resort Express (DRE) coupon is the Mouse Savers $3 off per person coupon.

As of today, there is no $5 off per person on the Anaheim/Orange County Visitor website.

However, after making a few phone calls to each place (DRE parent company Pacifico and Anaheim Visitor Bureau), I got them together and they have decided to create a 2013 version of the $5 coupon they've had for years.

And here's an even better part. Because the coupon won't go "live" on that Visitor website for a few weeks, a manager at Pacifico emailed me a personalized $5 off coupon in .pdf form, that I can print out for each person in my family. If it weren't personalized, I would gladly forward it to any fellow DISers who PM'd me, but since it is personalized, I think it'd be better to call and inquire about one directly if needed.

Nice to get that extra $8 off over the Mouse Savers coupon for my family of 4.

Just got back from Disneyland and we took the Disneyland Resort Express Bus round trip from LAX.

I had printed out the mousesavers $3 off coupon to use. The ticketing agent boarded the bus when it stopped at the Disneyland Hotel (the first stop). We could only pay by credit card and the agent had a credit card machine which he brought on board.

Anyway when I presented the mousavers $3 off coupon he was like "Oh I'll just give you the $5 off each person"! Yay!! :)

Just got back from Disneyland and we took the Disneyland Resort Express Bus round trip from LAX.

I had printed out the mousesavers $3 off coupon to use. The ticketing agent boarded the bus when it stopped at the Disneyland Hotel (the first stop). We could only pay by credit card and the agent had a credit card machine which he brought on board.

Anyway when I presented the mousavers $3 off coupon he was like "Oh I'll just give you the $5 off each person"! Yay!! :)

Nice. Giving the customer "the pickle" is always a good move.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!