• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disneyland Reopening Speculation Superthread

Posted this in the WDW AP thread but thought since I’m in SoCal I might get responses here.

For Premier passholders just curious what others are doing. The email that was sent noted “A further extension due to theme park closures at the Disneyland® Resort will be applied to your pass 6–8 weeks after Disneyland® Resort Theme Parks reopen.”
Does anybody think the pass will be extended again for BOTH parks once Disneyland opens (if it opens up in 3 months, we get 117 days plus the 30 days added, plus another 3 months and another possible 30 days)? I’m asking because the WDW app shows the extended date but not the DL app, although I know it’s not open yet and it’s pure speculation. Just getting a feel of what others are thinking and doing. It will get interesting if Disneyland opens next year how they will handle the extension
My guess is the additional extension will be from July 17 to the actual reopen date plus whatever recovery Disneyland issues. My pass was extended 125 days(date Disneyland closed to its initial proposed reopen). I then got the additional 30 days this week from wdw. The extension should be for the pass overall not just one half since it’s purpose is to grant access to both resorts.

Sounds like both your DL and WDW dates of your passes have been extended? Only our WDW part was extended. We originally called for a refund of the closure period about a month ago but still got the extension. If Disneyland stays closed for a while and you’re right about the guess, it might turn out to be a good deal however we don’t see ourselves returning to the parks until things are much much better controlled.

Sounds like both your DL and WDW dates of your passes have been extended? Only our WDW part was extended. We originally called for a refund of the closure period about a month ago but still got the extension. If Disneyland stays closed for a while and you’re right about the guess, it might turn out to be a good deal however we don’t see ourselves returning to the parks until things are much much better controlled.
sorry for not clarifying. It’s only updated in the wdw app. The Disneyland app hasn’t updated for anyone.

I have friends who went to DTD the other day and only wore shields. I asked if they needed masks too and they said no. I don't know the official policy, but they were allowed to only wear shields, which surprised me.

I saw someone with only a shield last week. Her shield had a nice thick coating on condensation on the inside. I could barely see her facel

At this point, until OC is off the watch list; no way DLR is going to reopen. Once OC gets off watchlist for 14 days, then Disney MAY announce a 14 day countdown. The sticking point for OC, like San Diego, is then marker: < 100 cases per 100,000 population in trailing 14 days. In San Diego, our daily positivity rate has stabilized but needs to get down a little to get us under 100 per 100k. OC has a ways to go still.

We have VGC starting 8/30. So OC has their work cut out for them this week!!!! Of course, the infection actually happened probably last week already for these next two weeks trailing, so hope they started behaving last week ;)

To clarify, the numbers are less than 100 cases per 100,000 BUT ONLY with a corresponding test positivity rate under 8%.

If the Test Positivity Rate is greater than 8%, you have to have less than 25 new daily cases per 100k averaged out over the previous 14 days.

OC is at 13.5% TPR.

We were at DTD 7/17 and 7/18. We saw a CM tell 2 guests they couldn't walk around to eat their ice cream and they needed to be stationary. So they are enforcing that.

Someone also sat too close to us while we were eating our ice cream and a plaid told them they needed to move. Which was great because we were a bit uncomfortable.

I only saw one person wearing a shield and NOT a mask with the shield and it was an elderly woman.

I saw quite a few gaiters and bandanas. Although most of the people wearing gaiters were men with baseball hats on and they had the gaiter pulled up all the way to the top of their hats.

I hope Disney takes a really good look at Knotts, and figures out how to apply that (Boysenberry Festival type ticket event) to DL or DCA. They really could make a killing. It would be great if they had special, ticketed Disneyland 65th "Food Tasting Celebration" events: have all the great carts open, plus special birthday foods to taste! Disneyland could sell balloons, have shops open, characters up at the train station waving at guests, photo ops, etc.

To clarify, the numbers are less than 100 cases per 100,000 BUT ONLY with a corresponding test positivity rate under 8%.

If the Test Positivity Rate is greater than 8%, you have to have less than 25 new daily cases per 100k averaged out over the previous 14 days.

OC is at 13.5% TPR.
True. For most populous counties, the 100 per 100,000 under 8% will apply. Only our rural counties will get a pass with the latter metric.

I really regret that we are losing this year for our Disney trip with our son. It is a major first world problem and extremely small potatoes in the scheme of things, but he is just so fun this year. Five has definitely been my favorite age so far. He's young enough that he hasn't lost his sense of magic and wonder, and he's passionate about everything and wears it all right on his sleeve. I got so bummed out last night wondering if we will even be able to go to DL next summer that I started researching some of the "second tier" theme parks outside of California and Florida. Maybe Hershey Park. I think he could get on board with a candy-themed theme park, lol. But I really wanted him to fly in the Millennium Falcon.
I'm with you. My son turns five next month, and October was going to be his first trip to Disneyland. I was really looking forward to seeing the magic through his eyes. We'll push it to October 2021 now, but it's so hard to wait even longer!

I know this is so back burner right now but considering today was the Avengers Campus opening date pre-pandemic I keep wondering how long after reopening that they will open it... or at least announce it! That was a big priority for us so I hope they announce that news right when the ball gets rolling again. Even if it’s 2021- help us plan right?
I'd like to know, too, in preparation for next year. I saw the aerial photos, and it still looked like a lot was unfinished. If they're able to continue to do construction, it would be nice to have an update. Maybe everything is too much in flux to be able to say anything concrete.

I have friends who went to DTD the other day and only wore shields. I asked if they needed masks too and they said no. I don't know the official policy, but they were allowed to only wear shields, which surprised me.
It's being reported in other threads that DTD CMs are easing into the mask policy (no gaiters, no bandannas, no face shields only, etc.), rather than slamming down hard right now since they only just reopened. This gives everyone, CMs and guests, a chance to get used to the new rules.

It's being reported in other threads that DTD CMs are easing into the mask policy (no gaiters, no bandannas, no face shields only, etc.), rather than slamming down hard right now since they only just reopened. This gives everyone, CMs and guests, a chance to get used to the new rules.
That makes sense. It didn't seem that safe to me, but I'm especially cautious about exposure which is why I wasn't there with them. It did look more comfortable but that's what made me think it was probably less safe, LOL!

I’ve been waiting on a replacement battery compartment for my Savi’s Workshop lightsaber since February (mine is defective) and I just received this email about it:

“Due to continued operational closures, we are unable to process returns, exchanges, or replacements at this time. Please reach back out to us in the next couple of weeks at your convenience for additional assistance with your lightsaber.”

I guess all parks have to be open to take care of this? Womp womp.

I’m so desperate for breadcrumbs I read this and immediately zeroed in on ‘couple of weeks’- tell me what you know cast member! 😂

The takeaway from Newsom’s announcement today is that the sooner everyone wears masks and practices social distancing, the faster schools can open and the economy can get back to some semblance of “normal”. Very vague unfortunately, but expected. I feel bad for people being laid off and losing the $600/week (including CMs) not knowing when or if they will go back to work because some people don’t want to follow guidelines. It’s not fair to them and their families at all!

I’ve been waiting on a replacement battery compartment for my Savi’s Workshop lightsaber since February (mine is defective) and I just received this email about it:

“Due to continued operational closures, we are unable to process returns, exchanges, or replacements at this time. Please reach back out to us in the next couple of weeks at your convenience for additional assistance with your lightsaber.”

I guess all parks have to be open to take care of this? Womp womp.

I’m so desperate for breadcrumbs I read this and immediately zeroed in on ‘couple of weeks’- tell me what you know cast member! 😂
I have to admit, I take this as..."in a couple weeks, we may just have heard that we might get to open up." I was waiting for a sign on Sept 6th, and I'm thinking this might be it, along with Newsom. If we have to wait at least a few weeks to see if non-mask wearers start to comply, and then, at very best, it takes Disney a month to open, that knocks us out. That's an okay thing. I would hate to change plans, and THEN hear, hey girl, you could have been chillin' at GCH right now.
**off to ponder** Darn COVID-19. He's messing with my very first world problem.

The takeaway from Newsom’s announcement today is that the sooner everyone wears masks and practices social distancing, the faster schools can open and the economy can get back to some semblance of “normal”. Very vague unfortunately, but expected. I feel bad for people being laid off and losing the $600/week (including CMs) not knowing when or if they will go back to work because some people don’t want to follow guidelines. It’s not fair to them and their families at all!
My heart breaks for these workers, CMs and otherwise. I do wish they could at least open hotels like Legoland is. I know all the arguments for and against, but I also just keep thinking that would at least be a few more people getting paid.
By not following masks and distancing, they aren't helping the economy, they just make it worse. It's just so awful for those at home and scared of how to pay bills.

La Jolla shores and Encinitas need to get it together more though. It has improved overall. The challenge will again be compliance when bars reopen. Physical distance without mask in congested places simply is going to be extremely difficult. Clubs? No go.

I agree that DLR hotels should open with at least DTD already open. Would naturally increase foot traffic there. We'd go for a few days just to get out of town. Already did it with Big Bear

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter