Disneyland raises ticket prices for most types of admission

A few edits to Walt's quote to reflect current times:
“To all really wealthy people that come to this happy place, welcome. Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of a time when a lot more people were actually able to afford to come here and how you weren't made to feel like a 2nd class citizen as you watch those with a lot more money pay to take over most of the park experiences that you were once able to enjoy on the same footing as everyone else. And here, youth born into privilege may savor the challenge and promise of the future that is open to them but not so much to the type of people who we don't need in our parks anymore. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams, and the hard facts that have created America (i.e. the love of money) ... with hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world (well . . . at least to those people who can make us richer.)”

No, they needed to not allow ANY other tiers weekend access. And they needed to price the pass about 30% higher to begin with. And not allowed monthly payments at all.

They needed to make this pass EXCLUSIVE, and they didn't. And now they are surprised by its popularity.

They really screwed up this pass program. People are definitely getting fired for this.

I think people are getting PROMOTED for this. More money for less services, and the parks will continue to be full. LOL

I think people are getting PROMOTED for this. More money for less services, and the parks will continue to be full. LOL

Nah. Disney's kryptonite is bad PR. They freak out when negative articles are written about them.

They've already "massaged" the reservation calendar for Dream key holders through the rest of the year. There is suddenly a lot more availability. And they decided to bring back the trams due to THOSE articles. Not having tram service turned out to be a choice for Disney. It was a bad choice.

They are absolutely in "the house is on fire" mode right now.

That’s my concern. We will just suck it up this time but will think twice in the future about staying on site.

This is what Disney is counting on.

There have been several reports of vehicle "smash and grab" break ins in lots around the parks in Anaheim (including garden walk and a few hotels on Harbor). It's becoming a common crime in this area along with alternator theft, even in our city where we live (which is literally considered America's safest city of its size for 15 years running). I wouldn't leave my car parked anywhere in Anaheim that didn't have extensive on site security.

I have my entire reservation through Costco - GCH + park hopper tickets. Right now I have only done my $200 down payment. Will my pricing be the old or the new ticket fees?
You should be locked in at the old price that you already agreed to. Your Costco trip - including tickets - should be locked in at the price that was originally agreed to.

We are planning a trip for August 2022 so I just went out and bought the discounted tickets based off the old prices from the undercover tourist site. Announcing the price increase like this has to pull forward a lot of demand for Disney as everyone rushes to lock in the old prices.

This is what Disney is counting on.

There have been several reports of vehicle "smash and grab" break ins in lots around the parks in Anaheim (including garden walk and a few hotels on Harbor). It's becoming a common crime in this area along with alternator theft, even in our city where we live (which is literally considered America's safest city of its size for 15 years running). I wouldn't leave my car parked anywhere in Anaheim that didn't have extensive on site security.

Do you mean catalytic converter? I haven't been hearing about alternator theft and they're quite a bit more difficult to access and not worth even close to as much catalytic converters. It's gotten really bad if people are stealing alternators now 😬

Agreed about being cautious where one parks. My hotel I stay at is not on Harbor directly and their parking is inside a garage, but my car is also not a normal target for catalytic converter theft (not a light weight vehicle like a Prius that's quick to lift nor is it a truck that's easy to slip under to saw off the part before anyone notices). So thankfully not a big worry for me on that front. Obviously I still empty my car so it's not a smash and grab target, though.

Really glad I have my Dream Key for parking especially after this latest increase 😬

I am curious, has there been a time in recent years where price increases by Disney have resulted in lower crowds? I have personally only seen one thing lower crowds in the last four years and that was the opening of Galaxy’s Edge. 😬
You are absolutely correct! Which in business language means that they will continue to increase prices until they hit that tipping point where the increased price results in decreased demand. Not there yet, apparently!

And yes, we were there during that Galaxy's Edge miracle few weeks. The lowest crowds I have ever seen at DLR other than the mad rush/running of the bulls to try to get a "ticket" for Oga's or Savi's, since that is how they did it at the very beginning.

Do you mean catalytic converter? I haven't been hearing about alternator theft and they're quite a bit more difficult to access and not worth even close to as much catalytic converters. It's gotten really bad if people are stealing alternators now 😬

Agreed about being cautious where one parks. My hotel I stay at is not on Harbor directly and their parking is inside a garage, but my car is also not a normal target for catalytic converter theft (not a light weight vehicle like a Prius that's quick to lift nor is it a truck that's easy to slip under to saw off the part before anyone notices). So thankfully not a big worry for me on that front. Obviously I still empty my car so it's not a smash and grab target, though.

Really glad I have my Dream Key for parking especially after this latest increase 😬

LOL, yeah, catalytic converter. That was a brain fart.

I've been there :rotfl: . Just glad there isn't a new thing thieves are going after!

It never ceases to amaze me what people will steal. For a while here, there was a rash of circuit breaker thefts. Here, a lot of newer build homes have breaker boxes mounted outside the house, towards the front (i.e. not behind a backyard gate). Theives were literally pulling entire breaker boxes off occupied houses and new construction homes nearby. The pandemic has increased these types of crimes as people become desperate. We spent an entire weekend making space in our garage with storage shelves and wall mounted bike racks just so we could bring our second car in and get it off the street. And our neighborhood is considered extremely safe.

I used to say that as far as parking goes, Disney resorts were pretty good compared to San Diego resorts or a San Francisco city stay. But this now is about the same ☹ If not more… just knowing all amenities/servicea at a hotel are not yet available. :/

I think it's ridiculous Disney raised parking prices but it's still not as high as San Francisco. We stayed at a hotel on Union Square 3 years ago and paid $69/night for parking. :crazy2:

I heard about this on the radio and what it seems like to me is that Disneyland is trying to make up for the lost attendance since Disneyland closed last year and now that it's reopened what is the simple trick to get people in? Raising ticket prices of course and as many people know when a tragic event happens the prices for amusement park tickets goes up high. When 9/11 happened when Disneyland closed then reopened after 9/11 the prices went soaring. And so I think Disneyland should do is offer a special deal for Anaheim residents only by letting them go for a special price and bring back Senior Fun Days for seniors 55 and over. But I can bet once the holidays hit Disneyland ticket prices will continue to soar big time

I heard about this on the radio and what it seems like to me is that Disneyland is trying to make up for the lost attendance since Disneyland closed last year and now that it's reopened what is the simple trick to get people in? Raising ticket prices of course and as many people know when a tragic event happens the prices for amusement park tickets goes up high. When 9/11 happened when Disneyland closed then reopened after 9/11 the prices went soaring. And so I think Disneyland should do is offer a special deal for Anaheim residents only by letting them go for a special price and bring back Senior Fun Days for seniors 55 and over. But I can bet once the holidays hit Disneyland ticket prices will continue to soar big time

Um, that not at all what happened after 9/11. The opposite, in fact happened. They had the absolute best deals in the months following 9/11 because everyone was afraid to go to crowded public places. That was the point when we bought our first Premium Annual Passes. It was $199. The first big jump in ticket prices was in 2004.

Um, that not at all what happened after 9/11. The opposite, in fact happened. They had the absolute best deals in the months following 9/11 because everyone was afraid to go to crowded public places. That was the point when we bought our first Premium Annual Passes. It was $199. The first big jump in ticket prices was in 2004.

Yep, I remember the $199 premium AP. I also paid $25 for a round trip airfare ticket, nor-cal to so-cal. Apparently, no one wanted to fly on American Airlines in November 2001 (they also had another plane crash in NY November 2001, unfortunately).

I don't think it has to do with tragedy but the fact that people are effectively confined to the US due to travel restrictions. Instead of doing a big annual trip abroad, people are doing multiple smaller trips in the US. Disneyland is a top pick for these trips. I think there's more than a few Americans who may have planned to visit someplace like Tokyo Disneyland in 2020-2021 but instead chose to do multiple trips to Disneyland or WDW instead. Or take the case of a consultant or business traveler who would have been going to places like Chicago, San Francisco or New York every few weeks and pre-pandemic may have flown his family out to join him on the weekend. With no business travel for him to offset the cost of a vacation, he'll instead pick more traditional vacation destinations like Disneyland.

As a case in point, 2021 had the all time highest local spring attendance for Hong Kong Disneyland and some of the highest occupancy rates ever for the Disneyland Hotel because Hong Kong has some of the strictest travel restrictions globally. If you're a fully vaccinated Hong Kong resident, you still face as much as 21 days of mandatory quarantine in a hotel paid entirely by yourself. Since people can't spend money they've saved up on a vacation abroad, they're burning it on local hotels and trips to Hong Kong Disneyland.

Disney is a “victim” of its own success. They really turned things around movie-wise in the 90’s and created a billion fans in the process. And now those super fans are old enough to take their children to Disneyland or buy annual passes to hang out at the local food court (fight me).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter