• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disneyland raises ticket prices for most types of admission

If you can get a good special fare on another airline or the SW 'getaway todays' when they're on 'super' sale, it's now almost as expensive for me to drive down (2 tanks gas will do a r/t) and valet the hotels for 5 nights as it is to fly to SNA and Uber it. Not including the room/tickets, of course, just the cost of transportation.

I'd been so focused on parking and the news about the Dream Key that I hadn't noticed the additional Tier 6 level. So what I'd been paying for a Tier 5 ParkHopper—$209—is now considered Tier 4 and there are two additional levels. Makes me even more glad I upgraded to my Believe key when I did, but wow.

Even with the free parking, I thought Believe made more sense for my needs and so far it's been good. I've spent more time refreshing for dates than in the past and knew it'd be harder than when I had the Flex, but have my Nov, Dec and Jan dates set. But it's easier to justify because I don't have the Dream and knew I had blockout dates too. But think I'd be a lot more frustrated jumping through hoops like that with the highest key.

I'd be pretty upset too if I had a Dream Key and was expected to pay $40 to park while staying onsite.

Unfortunately we dont have that option as we’re about eighty miles from the park.

There is actually a parking hack if you park farther away. Something about parking at train station and using ART. Let me go see if I can find it

I’m not happy about all of the price increases, but on the other hand, our recent Columbus Day weekend trip was the worst crowds and lines we had seen (and we travel on school holidays and national holiday and weekends since we fly in and have HS aged kids who don’t want to miss school). If the crowds are too high, the only solution is to raise prices until demand drops to reasonably meet supply. Supply is limited because disney hasn’t/won’t bring back entertainment, full staffing, etc. So the only solution is to decrease demand while retaining the same income for Disney. So, hello price increases. But I personally want the crowds to be less, the waits to be less, the whole experience to be just a little better. What is the other way around the problem of too much demand and not enough supply, for Disney?

Disney will, unfortunately, just keep increasing prices as long as people still come. I’m not happy with it, but they’d probably be silly not to. With the price increases over the last few years, visitors could probably halve and they’d still be making higher profits than they did 10, 15 or 20 years ago.
For us coming from Australia, it’s just a decision on whether we go or not or as often. Certainly won’t be for a few years now and that was our thinking on our last trip at Christmas in 2019. It is what it is 🤷🤷

I’m not happy about all of the price increases, but on the other hand, our recent Columbus Day weekend trip was the worst crowds and lines we had seen (and we travel on school holidays and national holiday and weekends since we fly in and have HS aged kids who don’t want to miss school). If the crowds are too high, the only solution is to raise prices until demand drops to reasonably meet supply. Supply is limited because disney hasn’t/won’t bring back entertainment, full staffing, etc. So the only solution is to decrease demand while retaining the same income for Disney. So, hello price increases. But I personally want the crowds to be less, the waits to be less, the whole experience to be just a little better. What is the other way around the problem of too much demand and not enough supply, for Disney?

I am curious, has there been a time in recent years where price increases by Disney have resulted in lower crowds? I have personally only seen one thing lower crowds in the last four years and that was the opening of Galaxy’s Edge. 😬

Disney is having a real problem finding that equilibrium.

They rushed out the magic keys because for ONE MONTH, their attendance was low. One month. They couldn't handle it. So they mashed up this new program without thinking it through and chaos resulted. There is a real lack of foresight on display at Disneyland corporate management these days. These people just cannot seem to make decisions that are carefully thought out and examined for potential pitfalls before pulling the trigger. Genie+ also seems like an absolutely overly complicated cluster. They could have simply brought back Maxpass and been done with it.

I have my entire reservation through Costco - GCH + park hopper tickets. Right now I have only done my $200 down payment. Will my pricing be the old or the new ticket fees?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter