• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disneyland Paris & using DVC points?

Torontogal

Mouseketeer & Disney Vacation Club Member
Hi all,
Just wondering if any DVC members have used their points at Disneyland Paris. We plan to go in July and use points for Sequoia Lodge but wondering if there is a nicer resort you recommend. We don't want to stay at Disneyland Hotel due to the number of points. Any suggestions?? TIA

I would be very surprised if you could get a good deal on points compared to the cash price, particularly given the strength of the Canadian dollar. The weakness of the various Europe economies has meant that DLP has been struggling to attract the usual tourists, particularly from Britain with the weak pound, and so there have been some really good packages recently.
Of the Disney hotels there I would recommend the New York property.
We went there in February 2008 and used an II exchange to stay at the Marriott in a three bedroom townhouse (this is not possible through DVC given Disney changed to RCI and even when DVC was with II it refused to allow exchange to this particular Marriott.) As part of the research I looked into using DVC points but the number of points required was quite high and you also needed to buy a length of stay ticket that cost much more than other options available.

Hi
I live in the Uk and have been to DLRP 13 times and stayed at all the resorts.
My favourite is the Disneyland, but Sequoia is lovely too. It is a little bit like Wilderness Lodge at WDW. Another lovely one is Newport Bay Club which is similar to the Yacht and Beach Club.
I have used my points to stay at DLRP, but it is not really the greatest of deals as you are obliged to purchase length of stay passes for all your party and pay the booking fee. You do, however, get breakfast included every morning.
Hope you have a great trip!!

I would be very surprised if you could get a good deal on points compared to the cash price, particularly given the strength of the Canadian dollar. The weakness of the various Europe economies has meant that DLP has been struggling to attract the usual tourists, particularly from Britain with the weak pound, and so there have been some really good packages recently.
Of the Disney hotels there I would recommend the New York property.
We went there in February 2008 and used an II exchange to stay at the Marriott in a three bedroom townhouse (this is not possible through DVC given Disney changed to RCI and even when DVC was with II it refused to allow exchange to this particular Marriott.) As part of the research I looked into using DVC points but the number of points required was quite high and you also needed to buy a length of stay ticket that cost much more than other options available.

I haven't really seen any great package deals for Canadians. Am I missing something? Everything seems to be catered to the British tourists. Am I looking in the wrong place? We do not mind buying length of stay tickets as we will only be at EuroDisney for 3-4 days.

Sorry, I was not saying that there were necessarily packages aimed at Canadians, I was saying that just like our dollar your dollar is quite strong against the Euro at the moment and so when you convert the price it should be much better value than points.

Sorry, I was not saying that there were necessarily packages aimed at Canadians, I was saying that just like our dollar your dollar is quite strong against the Euro at the moment and so when you convert the price it should be much better value than points.

Thanks. I will look into that! Maybe one day I will make it to Australia if the dollar continues strong! ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter