Disneyland Paris - News

So... what's going on in Disneyland Paris...
Well... MARVEL LAND IS OPEN! :D Till the 19th open only to AP holders, and as of the 20th it's open to the public. Brie Larson and Pom Klementieff stopped by to visit. There was a panel show about the making of it all during the press day. (oh Bob Chapek was there too, but we do not talk about Chapek no, no, no).
One complaint I have seen is the lack of benches.

My only problem is... I have zero interest in it :P I'm sorry, I'm not a Marvel girl, I have seen Thor 1 and 3, I have seen Dr. Strange and during the first lockdown I planned to watch all the Marvel movies on Disney + in order. But as I do not really like Robert Downey Jr. I really had to stop half way into Iron Man 2.

I might be one of the few DLP AP holders here, and maybe up to date more than others, it's very hard to report on stuff that doesn't interest you.
So I am going to leave a video here from Pixiedust.be, one of my preferred news sites. They report in Dutch and in English. Have a look at their reports and their videos. Also, the biggest site is still ED92, very active, reporters in the park every day. Only issue for most people might be: All their social media is in French. Their website is in English as well, but kept as up to date as their French site. Luckily Google Translate French -> English is pretty good nowadays..

By the looks of it, Marvelland looks great. Their is a lot of entertainment around, and you can see Marvel characters everywhere, fighting the bad guys, walking by, everything. There is plenty of merchandise. And if you like Marvel, it looks like you will have a good time.

Pixiedust.be made plenty of videos during their press visit and the preview days, please check their Youtube channel for all the content:
https://www.youtube.com/user/pixiedust19811/videos

Last edited:
That was the Marvel Update. What else has been going on?

It was the 14th of July, France' national holiday also known as Bastille day. In the middle of Summer holidays so it is always busy, but it's also the time for some unique stuff. Like characters in French outfits, and it's a great time for some special fireworks. Also there were Photopass photographers on Main Street.

- Champagne is back at Disneyland Paris, there is a cart on Main Street that sells champagne, but no longer with the 30th anniversary glasses.

- Goofy has a new outfit in New Port Bay

- Due to the heatwave going through Europe it happened that the 30th Anniversary show Shine Brighter was turned into a parade only, and the show is skipped.
With the temperatures getting over 35 or even 40 degrees Celsius (over 100F), expect this for the coming days as well.

- Mickey's outfit at Santa Fe was new to me.

- Daisy has a new outfit and meeting together with Parisian Minnie in the Studios theater.
https://pixiedust.be/wp-content/uploads/2022/07/2539ED55-1B39-4931-A415-DDCCC9DDF6D1-scaled.jpeg

Last edited:
So... what's going on in Disneyland Paris...
Well... MARVEL LAND IS OPEN! :D Till the 19th open only to AP holders, and as of the 20th it's open to the public. Brie Larson and Pom Klementieff stopped by to visit. There was a panel show about the making of it all during the press day. (oh Bob Chapek was there too, but we do not talk about Chapek no, no, no).
One complaint I have seen is the lack of benches.

My only problem is... I have zero interest in it :P I'm sorry, I'm not a Marvel girl, I have seen Thor 1 and 3, I have seen Dr. Strange and during the first lockdown I planned to watch all the Marvel movies on Disney + in order. But as I do not really like Robert Downey Jr. I really had to stop half way into Iron Man 2.

I might be one of the few DLP AP holders here, and maybe up to date more than others, it's very hard to report on stuff that doesn't interest you.
So I am going to leave a video here from Pixiedust.be, one of my preferred news sites. They report in Dutch and in English. Have a look at their reports and their videos. Also, the biggest site is still ED92, very active, reporters in the park every day. Only issue for most people might be: All their social media is in French. Their website is in English as well, but kept as up to date as their French site. Luckily Google Translate French -> English is pretty good nowadays..

By the looks of it, Marvelland looks great. Their is a lot of entertainment around, and you can see Marvel characters everywhere, fighting the bad guys, walking by, everything. There is plenty of merchandise. And if you like Marvel, it looks like you will have a good time.

Pixiedust.be made plenty of videos during their press visit and the preview days, please check their Youtube channel for all the content:
https://www.youtube.com/user/pixiedust19811/videos
@Karin1984 Has there been any updates as to whether the two new rides would be added to Premier Access or using some sort of virtual queue system. I have been looking (maybe in the wrong places) but have not seen anything suggesting that one will be able to avoid waiting in potentially pretty long lines. There is the single rider line in one case... but other than that...?

@Karin1984 Has there been any updates as to whether the two new rides would be added to Premier Access or using some sort of virtual queue system. I have been looking (maybe in the wrong places) but have not seen anything suggesting that one will be able to avoid waiting in potentially pretty long lines. There is the single rider line in one case... but other than that...?
We have to wait till tomorrow. It can go either way, either Premier access or nothing (for now). I am leaning to the latter. For tomorrow there are no EMH in the Studios.

Last edited:

We have to wait till tomorrow. It can go either way, either Premier access or nothing (for now). I am leaning to the latter. For tomorrow there are no EMH in the Studios.
According to the website, there are no EMH in the Studios at all over the next month. That makes me sad as we'll be there on August 1st-4th. Oh well.

Hereby the closures of several shows for the coming months.

Mickey and the Magician not closing in december means that if they do Mickey's Big Band, it will be in another location. Only option would be the other theater in the Studios.

So fingers crossed for that, otherwise... no big band this Christmas. 😞

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220810-160215_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20220810-160215_Samsung Internet.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 16
Bummed I wont be able to take my inlaws to Lion King but happy Mickey and the Magician will be open. Been way to long since I've seen it.

Hereby the closures of several shows for the coming months.

Mickey and the Magician not closing in december means that if they do Mickey's Big Band, it will be in another location. Only option would be the other theater in the Studios.

So fingers crossed for that, otherwise... no big band this Christmas. 😞
I'd be very sad :(
I'm not sure which one is better, they're both very good, but I had the chance to watch Mickey and the Magician multiple times, Mickey's Big Band only once, so I would have preferred that for my upcoming visit in early December. Fingers crossed it will be both.

So, I've been a little out of touch with the DLP news, because I have an upcoming Disney Cruise.
The D23 storm on my social media is over, so let's see if I can summarize the announcements for Disneyland Paris.

- The 30th Anniversary will stick around till September 2023.

There is new concept art for the Studios:

On the right of the new promenade you can see the new Rapunzel ride (same as tea cups), with a little lake in front of it with a boat

oMYNyhKLTjQjPcmiwUk0YxNT3A3jUGP3MZERT962vkeMTpIhdTbeSbiUSZf9eQMj.jpeg

More huge statues in Toy Story Land

Toy-Story-vs-N-copyright-01-scaled-1-1536x790.jpeg

There will be an area based on English stories, like Peter Pan and Mary Poppins.

English-Garden-vs-Q-Copyright-01-scaled-1-1536x1013.jpeg

- The Disneyland Hotel won't be done before 2024. There will probably be a Frozen suite

3amO1tXTrs1U4kimahB0YIdsPytxS6QpMdiuwLN5vjdCbhbMhuVX0WEpujwtbvbc.jpeg

- There will be a new show for the Animagique theater in the Studios. It will be a Pixar show: We Belong Together
FcZEqnGXkAEUqd2-scaled.jpeg

- There is new art for the Arendelle area in the Studios, partially from Hong Kong Disneyland as they are getting a Frozen Land as well, and ours will be a copy.
disneyland-forward-frozen-2x.jpg

FamThDlVQAAxHKv-1536x1023.jpeg

A summary by Pixiedust.be

Except no roller coaster for Paris unlike Hong Kong. And couldn’t they have come up with a better ride than a teacups copy for Rapunzel?

Except no roller coaster for Paris unlike Hong Kong. And couldn’t they have come up with a better ride than a teacups copy for Rapunzel?
This one really puzzled me. As with a Dumbo ride, we all know, slow loading, low capacity, and an exciting ride for toddlers and young kids = long lines.
The teacups have a much higher capacity and quicker loading (I think), the lines are not nearly as long that it requires a duplicate.

I am assuming they wanted to add more rides for young ones in the Studios as it's really lacking in that department, but yes: This was the best they can do?
And besides that... the boat scene in Rapunzel is not exactly known a wild water raft adventure. It's known for being a still moment, a love song. A spinning tea cup ride... it's just a weird choice.

Thanks for sharing the 30th Anniversary celebrations are on till September next year, hoping to take my niece next year when she finishes college.

Good to see things happening with the Studios

Thanks for the summary!
A second teacup ride? That’s actually kind of ridiculous… :rotfl2:I would have preferred a simple carousel (over tea cups) that’s good and slow ride for everyone…as teacups aren’t everyone’s cup of tea…

News out of the park: Halloween decorations are slowly appearing in frontierland

I am back from my Disney cruise!
Just got a survey on my visit from June about my shopping habits. It's actually about the make over for Disney Village. They want to know what I think of the current Disney Village, what I do there, what I shop for and what I would like to find in the future. Also which brands, like generic Disney, Marvel, Pixar, Princesses and Stitch is mentioned specifically. Since when is Stitch his own brand?

No news, just a tip: be aware that lines at the baggage storage can be busy!

I arrived today at 11, well after opening, and there were maybe 50 people ahead of me. And it is still one of DLP's least efficient operations.

The parade was at 11.40 so I went into the park first, after the parade the line was about 15 minutes.

Last edited:
I'm a little out of my habit to post news. But this news is too good not to post.

Disney Dreams will return as of 12 April 2023 :D

Disney Dreams will replace Illuminations. I couldn't be happier, I never warmed up to Illuminations and nothing topped (the original) Disney Dreams for me.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!