• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disneyland itinerary

traveler_t

Earning My Ears
First time in Disneyland Park with 3.5yo, 5.5yo girls. Looking for itinerary for 2 full days. We stay in grand Californian so will try rope drop 30 min before everyone. Specifically:

1. Which activities should we go to in the early morning and in which order?
2. What are some activities we can do after lunch when it gets crowded?
3. Any activities that require (or allow) early registration?

Thank you!

I highly recommend checking out Disneyland Daily. She has great touring plans info!

It’s hard to say what to do first because it depends on what’s important to your family. Since you have littles Fantasyland would probably be best first thing as those wait times can get long in the afternoon.

My family usually takes an afternoon break around 1-2 when it’s really crowded and hot. Highly recommend especially with littles!

In DCA we also enjoy Animation Academy, Beasts Library, Turtle Talk and Mickey’s Phillharmagic to beat the heat and crowds.

For DL proper, Peter Pan is #1 to hit. Alice 2nd, Tea Cups Third. Or if you want Tomorrowland, Space, StarTours.

I'm unfamiliar with the current DCA offerings as Avenger's Campus didn't exist on my last trip, but we always went for Radiator Springs first, Midway Mania, then Screamin', and then cycle TOT/GOTGMB. If Avengers campus is part of it, I would go for webslingers first.

First time in Disneyland Park with 3.5yo, 5.5yo girls. Looking for itinerary for 2 full days. We stay in grand Californian so will try rope drop 30 min before everyone. Specifically:

Thank you!
https://www.disboards.com/threads/r...lanes-and-individual-lightning-lanes.3863236/

It completely depends on your priorities, but with kids that age I would hit fantasy land first in DL, and I would start with Peter Pan because it gets super busy.

In DCA, I would start with the things in Pixar Pier, specifically Toy Story.
In DL, I would do Great Moments with Mr Lincoln (if the kids will sit through it), the Lion King Show (beware, there could be a long line/wait), The Dapper Dans, the cartoons in Main Street Cinema, Storytelling at Royal Theatre, Tiki Room. It's also a good time to go play on Tom Sawyer Island, ride the Mark Twain and/or Columbia, and ride the train.

In DCA, I would go to Mickey's Philharmagic and Turtle Talk with Crush. Animation Academy is cool too, but I'm not sure if your kids would be old enough to enjoy it. The Disney Jr Dance Party would likely be fun for them

Since you're staying at GCH, there's always the option to head back to the room for a midday break, too. We love to get out of the heat and overstimulation of the park for a few hours midday.

Nothing I can think of...but I've actually never thought about it!

Character meals, lightsaber building, droid building, and the Bibbity Bobbity Boutique have advance reservations. In DCA when it's crowded, Mickey's Philharmagic and Turtle Talk with Crush are awesome and usually have pretty low wait times. In Disneyland, the Tiki Room usually has low wait times. Do not let the crazy long line fool you. That is for the Dole Whip stand. You can also get Dole Whip after the Tiki Room at a stand with a much shorter line.

What are your girls into?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter