• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disneyland in Brazil?

How would you compare Beto Carrero with places like Hopi Hari or Playcenter? Or any of the water parks, like Beach Park in Fortaleza?

I've never been to those, so I can't say. Some people I know who have been to Hopi Hari say it's better than Beto Carrero, and looking at their website it seems to have more rides. But it still doesn't seem to come close to Disney.

It depends on what you like I guess and how demanding you are. Some people here love Beto Carrero, but for the coasters and the other two rides where you are dropped from a very high tower. But, even so, there are only like 4 of those rides total. All the other rides are either extremely childish or badly themed/maintained or both.

I don't like thrill rides like those, and I don't trust any of those parks enough to subject myself to the thirll rides. Not that anything bad has ever happened, save for Hopi Hari where a girl died not too long ago. I don't recall anyone dying or being injured in the other two. But I know how things are done here, some people don't take maintenance seriously. Plus, what I like is theming, I like to look at pretty, organized and clean things. I like rides to be clean and well maintained, and that's not something most people here care much about, so I guess the park managers don't either.

It seems to me, no matter what, that Brazil (and for that matter South America in general) doesn't have a concentration of theme/water parks the way that Orlando, the Los Angeles area, or even Australia's Gold Coast do? (Except maybe just outside of Sao Paulo with Hopi Hari and Wet 'n Wild very close together.)

It seems to me, no matter what, that Brazil (and for that matter South America in general) doesn't have a concentration of theme/water parks the way that Orlando, the Los Angeles area, or even Australia's Gold Coast do? (Except maybe just outside of Sao Paulo with Hopi Hari and Wet 'n Wild very close together.)

It does not. If Disney were to build something here, it would for sure make a lot of money. If nothing else because of the brand. They wouldn't even have to make anything too amazing or big.

I would still keep going to Orlando, because I think WDW is better than any other theme park, even other Disney parks, and also to shop there. But at least I would be able to get my Disney fix here without having to pay outrageous prices for a plane ticket. And I wouldn't have to waste so many hours travelling. It could be a weekend trip. I could go several times a year. Unlike WDW which I can only afford to go every year, if that. More like every other year or less.

I'm no expert, but I think building a park here would be a win win for Disney. Brazilians who spent a ton of money shopping in Orlando are pretty much obsessed with buying stuff there. Having a Disney park here won't change that. Whatever they build here won't come close to WDW, so people who like WDW will still go there. And still go here. Plus, a lot of people who can't afford an expensive trip to the US but dream of going to Disney, would visit a Disney park here. Not only people from Brazil but from Argentina, Uruguay, etc, like others have said.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter