Disneyland in Brazil?

YofieDov82

Earning My Ears
It seems to me that Brazil has a lot of potential to build a Disney theme park along the lines of Disneyland, Disney World, and similar theme parks, due to its growing economy and population, along with the fact that Disney World in Florida is hugely popular with Brazilians (and they deserve such a park closer to home). In fact, I understand that there have been proposals in the past few years to build just such a park in Brazil - I've read in various articles that it would be either around Curitiba or around Rio de Janeiro. Which of these two areas is right, and what has come out of these proposals?

On a related note, let's say that Argentina (along with Uruguay) fulfills its economic potential much more than in real life and becomes an advanced country, and that has positive effects on neighbouring countries such as Brazil. If Brazil is somewhat wealthier because of this than in real life (though still a developing country), and millions more are thereby lifted out of poverty than in real life, would that have caused the Disney company to decide on building a theme park in Brazil before thinking about Shanghai or even Hong Kong? In other words, would the Disney company have wanted to open a park in Brazil instead of Shanghai by 2016 or even instead of Hong Kong by 2005, and push off Hong Kong or Shanghai until later? After all, with the parks in Hong Kong and Shanghai, there would be in the near future no less than two parks in Greater China, and three in Asia (and none in Latin America)!

With the enhanced socio-economic conditions in Brazil as described above, would Universal Studios also have thought of opening up a park in Brazil at the same time as in Dubai, South Korea, or Singapore?

Having said all of this, any such parks in Brazil would be targeted not just at Brazilians, but also South Americans more generally. This is so, not only because Brazil is the largest country in South America with the biggest population and GDP, but also because Argentines and Uruguayans, I'm sure, would think of Brazil as their "sunshine province" if they were much wealthier than in real life. Namely, Brazil would be a California/Florida/Caribbean/Mexico or Mediterranean or Queensland for them in terms of visiting warm-climate destinations. Having a Disneyland in Brazil would greatly add to these vacation amenities!

Disney in Brazil would be nice, but it would also have a boatload of problems (especially for foreign travellers).

My fiance is from Brazil, and I have travelled there myself. I think that a Disney there would be a great attraction for tourists, BUT, the cost of security there would be astronomical...

Also, I did see Disney advertising for jobs - they were looking for a bilingual (Portuguese/English) marketing person to market the Disney brand in Brazil...

There are already a couple of large, well known, parks in Brazil. Hopi Hari & Beto Carrrero. Brazillians love theme parks. But it is unlikely that Disney would unilaterally build a new park outside the US without setting up seperate investment/operating companies. Remember that the foreign parks are not solely operated by Disney...and right now, with this economy, investments for such long term ROI as a theme park are in fairly short supply. Banks and market funds want their returns NOW, not years from now.

Not going to comment on the economic and political stability questions etc. Just want to point out that Disney wants the Brazillian money in Florida, not in Brazil. Hence it's marketing focus.

Not going to comment on the economic and political stability questions etc. Just want to point out that Disney wants the Brazillian money in Florida, not in Brazil. Hence it's marketing focus.

Exactly what I was going to say. Brazil is spending a lot of money in the US. Something they aren't going to push away.

Shouldn't this be on the community board, or rumor/news? What does it have to do with Disney trip planning? :confused3

Also, I did see Disney advertising for jobs - they were looking for a bilingual (Portuguese/English) marketing person to market the Disney brand in Brazil...

This is more related to the Disney Destinations... but who knows.

My husband is from Uruguay...I would love to go visit my in laws in Montevideo then go to Disneyland in Brazil!!! Will it ever happen, who knows.

This would hurt Beto Carrero World theme park in Brazil. The whole place is a copy cat of the Disney Parks

They have a LMA stunt show.

flippyman.jpg

Ok...more from this park. This ride called Raskpuska is part BTMR

1203612368_f.jpg

Part Splash Mountain
raskapuska.jpg

Part Maelstrom

1204231253_f.jpg

Part Snow Whites Scary Adventure
3808378016_ff6333ff6a.jpg

But mostly IASW
3324117112_0aea83580c.jpg

More familiar images at Beto Carrero World

Beto Carrero World

220px-Botas_beto_carrero.jpg

WDW

Copy_of_allstarmusicboots.jpg

Beto Carrero World

1345251-66475-1280.jpg

Hong Kong Disneyland
HKDL_its_a_small_world_CRD.jpg

Beto Carrero
800px-Tazas-Locas-Beto-Carrero-World.jpg

WDW

teacups2.jpg

Beto Carrero

3563685747_afde249ffc.jpg

Epcot

6007132867_29357b02ea_z.jpg

Beto Carerro

5995717885_6631a4bf32.jpg

HDDR at WDW

51094526.jpg

Beto Carrero

DSC02613.JPG

WDW

CountryBearJamboree-52007-j-005.jpg

Beto Carrero

12534808.jpg

WDW
Pinocchio-Village-Haus.jpg

Beto Carrero

beto_carrero_world_dino-magic_233.jpg

WDW

DSAUR_1_998.jpg

Beto Carrero

beto_carrero_world_auto-pista_6.jpg

WDW

disney-hollywood-blvd-picture-017.JPG

Kali River Rapids (Elephants)

3440835514_c14660bf15.jpg

Beto Carrero (BIG ELEPHANTS)

beto_carrero_world.jpg

This would hurt Beto Carrero World theme park in Brazil. The whole place is a copy cat of the Disney Parks

They have a LMA stunt show.

flippyman.jpg

Other than the car show, which is pretty similar but not as good, everything else pictured absolutely sucks. That "theme park" is a joke. Nothing there comes even close to compare to Disney.

It could hurt them, since they charge over $70 for a one day ticket for that joke of a theme park, but honestly, it doesn't take much to outdo what they have there.

I went there once a few months after returning from Disney, hoping that would remind me of it slightly. I knew it was very different and not even close to Disney, but I thought I would at least get that theme park feeling. What a disappointment.

It's dirty, disorganized, there's no airconditioning or fans anywhere and the weather is very much like in Orlando, hotter than hell. There are no water fountains, you can only buy bottled water, there's no ice anywhere. At all. No background music, only one food court with overpriced, horrible quality food. It's just horrible. Do not recommend. Unless you have never been to a theme park ever, and even then you might be disappointed.

ETA: I won't even mention what the bathrooms are like there. I think most here would get hives just from entering one. Not that it's horribly dirty, but if Disney's restrooms are considered bad or not as good as they could be, then Beto Carrero's could be compared to a hole in the ground behind some bushes.

Other than the car show, which is pretty similar but not as good, everything else pictured absolutely sucks. That "theme park" is a joke. Nothing there comes even close to compare to Disney.

It could hurt them, since they charge over $70 for a one day ticket for that joke of a theme park, but honestly, it doesn't take much to outdo what they have there.

I went there once a few months after returning from Disney, hoping that would remind me of it slightly. I knew it was very different and not even close to Disney, but I thought I would at least get that theme park feeling. What a disappointment.

It's dirty, disorganized, there's no airconditioning or fans anywhere and the weather is very much like in Orlando, hotter than hell. There are no water fountains, you can only buy bottled water, there's no ice anywhere. At all. No background music, only one food court with overpriced, horrible quality food. It's just horrible. Do not recommend. Unless you have never been to a theme park ever, and even then you might be disappointed.

ETA: I won't even mention what the bathrooms are like there. I think most here would get hives just from entering one. Not that it's horribly dirty, but if Disney's restrooms are considered bad or not as good as they could be, then Beto Carrero's could be compared to a hole in the ground behind some bushes.

And yet Beto Carrero is considered one of the top theme parks in Brazil?!

And yet Beto Carrero is considered one of the top theme parks in Brazil?!

LOL. We don't have much in the way of theme parks. I'm thinking it must be in the top 3 since there are only one or two others here that could be considered a theme park.

It's easy to be one of the best at something when you are one of the few that exist :)

It seems to me that Brazil has a lot of potential to build a Disney theme park along the lines of Disneyland, Disney World, and similar theme parks, due to its growing economy and population, along with the fact that Disney World in Florida is hugely popular with Brazilians (and they deserve such a park closer to home).

Even with Disneyland Tokyo, Japanese tourists still come to Disney World.

If they build it, could we go and push aside small children to cut in line, rinse out dirty socks in fountains, push aside elderly people to cut in line, scream incoherent idiotic chants, push aside people struggling with items to cut in line, blow our noses with only our hands and wipe the output on the closest hand rail, mob up and push aside everyone while snotting on the ground and screaming idiotic chants while simultaneously lying about not speaking Portuguese, English, or any other known language?

I am SO in!!! :cool1:

(Hey, the trigger was there and I pulled it. Sue me!)

LOL. We don't have much in the way of theme parks. I'm thinking it must be in the top 3 since there are only one or two others here that could be considered a theme park.

It's easy to be one of the best at something when you are one of the few that exist :)

How would you compare Beto Carrero with places like Hopi Hari or Playcenter? Or any of the water parks, like Beach Park in Fortaleza?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter