• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disneyland Hotel to reopen July 2nd

FYI for those who may be interested….I called to try and book a Signature Suite this fall for a special occasion, and I was told that the DLH signature suites aren’t available for booking yet. If anyone hears differently in the coming days, please share!

FYI for those who may be interested….I called to try and book a Signature Suite this fall for a special occasion, and I was told that the DLH signature suites aren’t available for booking yet. If anyone hears differently in the coming days, please share!

Sounds like maybe they aren't opening the Adventure tower yet? Makes sense since Club Level isn't coming back yet.

They are only opening the Fantasy Tower. Adventure and Frontier will follow.

Excited to see this and now wondering if I might want to alter my plans...

We were planning at staying at GCH for our March 2020 trip that got cancelled. So was planning to stay at GCH (maybe end of June). But I've already been thinking about a back up plan for July if OOS folks aren't allowed by then.

We've never stayed on site before. How far is the walk from Frontier Tower to the park entrances? One big advantage for us with GCH is that our 9 year old can't tolerate long in the parks and we will be going back to the room multiple times a day. But those slides at the Disneyland hotel sure look fun!

I'm so excited to hear this! My DD and I were planning our first trip to DL for her graduation this year but ended up pushing it to next summer. I don't see availably past 2021. Does anyone know how far our I can book?

Will probably switch from the Grand, as we actually prefer Disneyland Hotel. But, what is the construction situation like? Does it affect the pool/courtyard area?

Does anyone know what the cancellation policy is for the Disneyland Hotel? Would like to tentatively book but of course like a lot of people, might need to cancel due to travel restrictions.

Does anyone know what the cancellation policy is for the Disneyland Hotel? Would like to tentatively book but of course like a lot of people, might need to cancel due to travel restrictions.

From plan disney: https://plandisney.disney.go.com/question/cancellation-policy-hotels-disneyland-409242/

For a room-only reservation, you will need to notify the Disneyland Resort at least five days before arrival. If you cancel 0-4 days prior to arrival, the first night's room rate plus tax will be retained as a cancellation fee. For a vacation package, you can cancel 30 days or more in advance without a fee. If you cancel 29-2 days prior to arrival, there is a $200 cancellation fee. For cancellations 1 day prior to arrival, the fee is 100% of the package price.

From plan disney: https://plandisney.disney.go.com/question/cancellation-policy-hotels-disneyland-409242/

For a room-only reservation, you will need to notify the Disneyland Resort at least five days before arrival. If you cancel 0-4 days prior to arrival, the first night's room rate plus tax will be retained as a cancellation fee. For a vacation package, you can cancel 30 days or more in advance without a fee. If you cancel 29-2 days prior to arrival, there is a $200 cancellation fee. For cancellations 1 day prior to arrival, the fee is 100% of the package price.

What if you call to reschedule within the 5 day window? Any idea how that works? Like, if last minute someone gets sick or something?

Will probably switch from the Grand, as we actually prefer Disneyland Hotel. But, what is the construction situation like? Does it affect the pool/courtyard area?
Work on the DVC tower started last month.
https://blogmickey.com/2021/04/land-clearing-begins-for-disneyland-hotel-disney-vacation-club-tower/There will certainly be periods of major disruption over the next couple years, but hard to predict the impact of constuction in the next couple months (I would guess minimal).

You lose one night unless you have travel insurance.
I was just told something different this week. I just talked to Disney travel about this, and as long as we rescheduled for a later time (which then was not falling within the 5 days), we could do that without penalty (though they would keep and transfer our one night deposit to the new booking, plus any additional money if the price for one night was higher with the rescheduled reservation compared to the original reservation). Then, if needed, I could cancel the rescheduled reservation and get a refund of the deposit, since now that reservation would be more than 5 days away.

Glad to have the DLH back as that has been my go to hotel for the last four years. The grand might be more “upscale”, but I love the iconic golden age of Disney feel that DLH delivers.

Looks like cost of entry all October is ~$500/night. I doubt we’ll see a 20% or 30% off like previous years… but I hope maybe, lol.

Probably time to lock in a room just in case Halloween activities return this year. Hopefully Adventure tower will be open by then… I love that tower for some reason even with the standard room booked, lol

As of today, DLH is not taking reservations in ANY of the family suites, either, at least not for November.

Last edited:
I just canceled our Labor Day weekend booking. Just can't bring myself to pay rack rate again this year. I'll wait for a discount.

Hi everyone; Hoping this is the appropriate place to ask. We have an upcoming visit in June (yaaaay); we completely splurged and did Club Level after not having done it for probably 5 years now). Has anyone been since they reopened a few weeks ago and have any insights on what they are doing? or... if anyone is going between now and 2 weeks and DOES use Club Level would you consider posting? Thanks in advance!
we can let you know next week.
As of today, DLH is not taking reservations in ANY of the family suites, either, at least not for November.
I booked a family suite for Thanksgiving. I think they sold out of what is available.

Our March 2020 trip (off-site) got cancelled so we are thinking of going back to the DLH since we have had no family vacations or anything in awhile. I've read only Fantasy will be open, which is fine. but will the pool be open as usual? Previous trips where we stayed at the DLH we have done a pool day.

Any insight on how park entry works for on-site guests? There is no EMH I believe so check through security adjacent the hotel, wonder through DTD and then enter a queue to enter the parks?

In looking in October, it looks like DLH is completely booked on October 6th? Does anyone know if something is happening on that day? I can do any combination of days around that day with no issue, but as soon as I include October 6th it says there are no rooms available...

In looking in October, it looks like DLH is completely booked on October 6th? Does anyone know if something is happening on that day? I can do any combination of days around that day with no issue, but as soon as I include October 6th it says there are no rooms available...
They are currently booking only the Fantasy tower. Once they open teh other towers, more rooms will open.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter