Disneyland Half Marathon 2024

So my goal is to simply finish. With Dopey the week before, I'm going to be very exhausted and likely questioning my life decisions that involve me doing 2 consecutive race weekends of 3 plus races each weekend, so I figure that finishing every race is accomplishment enough.

I like seeing Goofy, Chip and Dale on the overall race artwork. I have complicated thoughts about retro and/or throwback themes so it really comes down to how the characters look for me. I'm happy enough with Mickey and Minnie so it works.

I love this artwork! And I'm kind of bummed that I'm not doing the 5K because... Pluto!

As for last weeks WAFDL- Just hoping to finish and have fun!

Wait....Daisy has a ponytail? When did she grow her hair long? Not overwhelmed, but that's okay. I usually don't get too excited about themes....except for medals.

Hey everyone - we have artwork! True to the promise of being retro Disneyland! No updates yet on event pre-order merchandise designs though. Enjoy!

Event_Homepage_4876x1524.png

5K_Badge.png

10K_Badge.png

13.1_Badge.png

19.3_Badge.png

I stole the artwork and peppered it on the OP :D

I'm far more concerned about warmer weather in Disney World for marathon weekend than I am Disneyland. Of the 4 marathon weekends I've run, all 4 weekends have had at least one race with warm to brutally hot weather. Of the 3 Disneyland races I ran during MKL weekend, none of them had bad weather.

Mood I’m not doing WDW weekend unless I change my mind. Because of the timing. Might be a 25 goal. Aiming for Princess instead. But here’s to hoping it doesn’t run on the side of warm for y’all.

Last MLK weekend, Disneyland got a huge downpour. I’m just hoping that doesn’t happen again! There was like inches of water on Main Street!
Yeah really hoping that doesn’t happen in 24. Being in a racer lower to the ground. Plus slippery surface naturally. Equals not fun time for a wheelchair racer. And somewhat of a safety hazard. Not enough to stop us. But definitely enough to cause headaches

Wait....Daisy has a ponytail? When did she grow her hair long? Not overwhelmed, but that's okay. I usually don't get too excited about themes....except for medals.
Yeah Daisy has kinda a ponytail in the DuckTales 17 cartoon. I’m not sure of elsewhere. But that might be where the idea came from?

I'm far more concerned about warmer weather in Disney World for marathon weekend than I am Disneyland. Of the 4 marathon weekends I've run, all 4 weekends have had at least one race with warm to brutally hot weather. Of the 3 Disneyland races I ran during MKL weekend, none of them had bad weather.
If it helps, 2 of the 4 marathon weekends I've done have been freezing. Like mid-30s waiting in the corrals. I'll take that over the heat any day.

Sorry, I'm (still?) battling a nasty head cold, and yesterday didn't help with a headache. I haven't been able to formulate a question for this week.

I'll keep this one simple this week, and hope to have something a little more thought-provoking next week:

WAFDL: what do you think of the new artwork for the races?

I like how it's their new "retro" design. I think for Disneyland, it really fits!

WAFDL: what do you think of the new artwork for the races?

Loove the retro look. The colors are fantastic too. I cannot wait to see what they do with the medals.
I wish they tied in the 100 to it, but not like in your face 100th though like with the virtual rundisney.

I had my ACL surgery last Friday and everything went well. I met with the physical therapist yesterday, and she said a 10K in January was an excellent physical therapy goal. Currently in a leg brace and walking with crutches, so I have a ways to go.

Last edited:
WAFDL: LOVE the artwork - but now wish I was running the 10k too as it’s my favorite! This is tempting me to preorder merch even though the preview images aren’t up!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter