Disneyland Half Marathon 2024

WAFDL: I don’t run any races for time- normally my only running goal is not to stop, as my knees can’t handle it. I’m doing WDW 10k and full so the DL half will probably just be survival mode though. Running it all would be awesome, but if I need to walk I can, just no intervals. If that happens, then my goal is to get pictures because I don’t when I run through!

WAFDL: I'm really not sure what my goals will be... It's the first time I've ever been able to get friends to run a Disney race with me. They are all way more fit and competitive than I am and not used to this notion of just kind of trotting along in a race and taking in the sights. So I'll have to see what everyone else's goals are, and then see where I fit in. Right now, I'm just looking forward to seeing my friends on the other side of the country.

WAFDL: I haven't decided if I'm doing a fall ultra yet. If I do it I'll go into Dopey/DD with no time goals and just have fun. I've been too stubborn to stop for rides the past two MW so hopefully knowing I'll have such a heavy week of miles I'll loosen up and enjoy the uniqueness of the races....like a ride in the middle of the race. If I don't do my fall race I'll probably try to beat my marathon time. One thing I am going to do different is look into travel insurance. I've never purchased it before but it seems like it might be a smart idea.

I like Club 71!! I’ll be there for Dopey to 5k to DDD. If I’m being honest I’m regretting signing up for the 5k because the travel this is going to require is going to be exhausting. And if I’m being totally honest I wish I would’ve only signed up for goofy, too. But here we are. This is what FOMO and anxiety looks like as it relates to run Disney.

Anyone else requiring plane rides to both parks? What are your travel plans looking like?
The logistics are more stressful than the training right now. My plan is to just go solo down for the marathon (leave Friday after work and fly back Sunday night or Monday Early early morning). I work Monday and Tuesday from home then Tuesday night flu with the whole family to SD. We are doing 2 nights there at my moms and then taking the train to Anaheim
For 5 nights. I got the SD nonstop on points but I still need MCO flights and our turn flight Wednesday after the race.

When I was running today I was like f-it we should just drive down to Orlando Friday of marathon weekend, run Sunday and then fly round trip MCO to SNA as a group, drive home exhausted Wednesday after everything. I'm telling you figuring this out is exhausting :)

WAFLE- Technically I have nothing scheduled for between now and DL 5k/10k. However, I just found a bunch of local races that I am looking into signing up for between now and then.

As an aside, just wanted to mention to people it might be worth looking into flying into San Diego instead of John Wayne/Orange County (SNA) or LAX, especially if you are renting a car. We had our flights booked to SNA and had been thinking about adding a short trip to San Diego. When we looked up tickets they were half the price through airline points on Delta. The drive is under 2 hours, which frankly is less time than it took us to go from LAX to the rental car place to our hotel in Anaheim near Honda Center on our last trip.
We are doing this but taking the coaster (amtrak). It was $90 for 4 of us one way. No traffic and super easy.

The logistics are more stressful than the training right now. My plan is to just go solo down for the marathon (leave Friday after work and fly back Sunday night or Monday Early early morning). I work Monday and Tuesday from home then Tuesday night flu with the whole family to SD. We are doing 2 nights there at my moms and then taking the train to Anaheim
For 5 nights. I got the SD nonstop on points but I still need MCO flights and our turn flight Wednesday after the race.

When I was running today I was like f-it we should just drive down to Orlando Friday of marathon weekend, run Sunday and then fly round trip MCO to SNA as a group, drive home exhausted Wednesday after everything. I'm telling you figuring this out is exhausting :)
This is how I feel! The logistics are making my head spin. I did see there is a Tuesday flight from MCO to SNA one way on delta for $164 which is cheap! Where are you flying/driving from to Orlando? Logistically I feel like it makes sense to head to CA from FL but I’m pretty sure my husband wants the assist with the kids on the flight over. So I’m probably going to have to fly home first. But even then I think I’ll end up leaving before them because of the expo and us wanting to keep the kids in school for most of the week. So they’ll fly out a couple days after me anyway?? 😵‍💫😵‍💫😵‍💫

This is how I feel! The logistics are making my head spin. I did see there is a Tuesday flight from MCO to SNA one way on delta for $164 which is cheap! Where are you flying/driving from to Orlando? Logistically I feel like it makes sense to head to CA from FL but I’m pretty sure my husband wants the assist with the kids on the flight over. So I’m probably going to have to fly home first. But even then I think I’ll end up leaving before them because of the expo and us wanting to keep the kids in school for most of the week. So they’ll fly out a couple days after me anyway?? 😵‍💫😵‍💫😵‍💫
I'm in Charlotte, NC and I 100% am living your conundrum. It's so much easier and the same cost to just go strait from MCO to SAN but we haven't flown since 2020 (kids were babies) so I highly doubt my husband will be like babe I got this... two kids 6 hour flight.... no problem.

I am a little late to the Wednesday question.... but honestly my goal for the Disneyland half marathon is to PR it. No costume, no character stops. I'm hoping my training plan works and the runners/spectators give me the boost I need. This is my first runDisney event. I know everyone says Disney isn't the place to PR, but if I didn't care about my time I wouldn't have spent this much money to register.

WAFDL: I honestly don’t know. I know my pace will be faster by the time I hit race weekend because I have MCM before then. But there’s also the wanting to stop for character stops. Which took me from a 10-11 minute mile to a 3 1/2 10 miler at STS.

Admittedly that was partly heat.

Honestly probably just finish and have fun. And looking forward to hopefully not having unseasonably warm weather

Honestly probably just finish and have fun. And looking forward to hopefully not having unseasonably warm weather
I'm far more concerned about warmer weather in Disney World for marathon weekend than I am Disneyland. Of the 4 marathon weekends I've run, all 4 weekends have had at least one race with warm to brutally hot weather. Of the 3 Disneyland races I ran during MKL weekend, none of them had bad weather.

Hey everyone - we have artwork! True to the promise of being retro Disneyland! No updates yet on event pre-order merchandise designs though. Enjoy!

Event_Homepage_4876x1524.png

5K_Badge.png

10K_Badge.png

13.1_Badge.png

19.3_Badge.png

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter