Disneyland Half Marathon 2024

maybe Hearthstone Lounge at the Grand Californian could work?

but you can walk up for the outside of the Tiki Terrace? If that's the case, it probably would work as a meet up location.

Hearthstone Lounge could definitely work, and GCH Craftsman Bar reservations would also be best but could work w/o reservations as well. My concern with the Tangaroa Terrace/Tiki Bar area is that it is pretty tight and crowded on a normal day. If the new villas are open as well at that point, I can’t even imagine how impacted the area could be. 😳 There is a nice outdoor fireplace area in front of Trader Sam’s but also pretty tight and very popular.

Other potential ideas in DtD would be Splitsville: they have a large outdoor seating area with heaters and Uva Bar, which I believe also uses the reservation system but would be ok during “off” times.

What would be the interest level for everyone to have a meet-up similar to the Hurricane Hannah one we have for WDW races?

It's very far out at this point, but I was thinking something along the lines of maybe 1pm at Trader Sam's on the Saturday? I know it would need reservations, but depending on interest I think we could get a few groups together for the outside terrace.

Or if any of the Disneyland natives can recommend another good meet-up location in Downtown Disney or one of the hotels that wouldn't need reservations?
Thank you!!! I am very interested.
Hearthstone Lounge could definitely work, and GCH Craftsman Bar reservations would also be best but could work w/o reservations as well. My concern with the Tangaroa Terrace/Tiki Bar area is that it is pretty tight and crowded on a normal day. If the new villas are open as well at that point, I can’t even imagine how impacted the area could be. 😳 There is a nice outdoor fireplace area in front of Trader Sam’s but also pretty tight and very popular.

Other potential ideas in DtD would be Splitsville: they have a large outdoor seating area with heaters and Uva Bar, which I believe also uses the reservation system but would be ok during “off” times.
I have been to Splitsville to bowl and it was a fun time. I did not eat in the dining area, but it was large and there was a lot of seating. You are right UVA Bar does require reservations.

If all else fails, there's always the Starbucks right next to the World of Disney store in Downtown Disney! :)

I saw an ad recently for Breeze Airways touting their nonstop Disney-to-Disney flights between Orlando and John Wayne Airports. Looks like a good option for central Florida runners, since it's the closest airport to Disneyland (around 14 miles).

I saw an ad recently for Breeze Airways touting their nonstop Disney-to-Disney flights between Orlando and John Wayne Airports. Looks like a good option for central Florida runners, since it's the closest airport to Disneyland (around 14 miles).

I did some research on Breeze. They seem to follow the "budget airline" model. Basically, a cheap fare, but then upcharge for everything.

Picking a seat starts at $10 for the back to $39 for closer to the front. Not picking a seat puts you at the whim of the airline on checkin.

Extra leg room is $69, and first class is $89 to $129.
A carry on is $35. Checked bags are $39 for the first, another $40 for the second, another $50 for the third.

So the base fare gets you just yourself, one personal item, and a seat at the whim of the airline.

A bundle with an extra leg room seat, one checked bag , and one carryon is $120 extra.
A different bundle with a first class seat, two checked bags, and one carryon is $130 extra.

Regarding hotels, is HoJo a good choice for location, cost, room space for 2 adults 2 kids?
It's been a while since I've stayed at HoJo on S Harbor, but it's a nice quick walk to Disneyland property.
Have they said it would be 5:30 starts? I know the website still says TBD, but 2017 they were 5am.
I'm assuming it's still TBD. I don't remember when Avengers 2017 started. I could see 5:00am because they can clear the public streets earlier and minimize disruption as much as possible. Rumors from the cancellation of runDisney Disneyland events back in 2017 and 2018 said that races tied up a lot of the nearby cities for too long. The Half Marathons always went through residential neighborhoods. This made for some great community support as sometimes people would sit out in their front yards and just cheer as we went by.
It’s hard to tell. I last did a race at DL in 2016, before official merchandise became a Beanie Baby like craze. The expo was at the Disneyland Hotel in their big conference/ballroom. What I don’t know is if they’d put official merchandise somewhere else. I don’t know if there’d be milling about waiting for the virtual queue because the Disney hotels are so close to the parks anyway. Like less than a ten-minute walk.

I’m flying in Wednesday since I have yoga Thursday morning.
When I ran the Star Wars races, the shoe ornaments were usually long gone by Friday afternoon when I would get to the Expo. I was able to get I did it shirts for the races. At least some pins were available. For the last race in 2017 the Avengers Half I was able to get a pin and the last I did it shirt in Men's XL.

I would not plan on that being the case this time around especially with the first race back in years.

Yikes - I skipped over all the preorder merchandise in an effort to speed through the registration process. Is it too late?

ETA: I see where I can buy products from my rundisney account

Last edited:
Ugh. Struggling with merch. I know that could be just as problematic as getting in for the races. But:

There isn't a bundle I want (I only for sure want the replica pins right now).
My MK discount doesn't apply online (but should in person like always).
I don't know what anything looks like (that MK bundle could be horrifically ugly).
Being charged a platform fee for merch seems ridiculous 😂

Ugh. Struggling with merch. I know that could be just as problematic as getting in for the races. But:

There isn't a bundle I want (I only for sure want the replica pins right now).
My MK discount doesn't apply online (but should in person like always).
I don't know what anything looks like (that MK bundle could be horrifically ugly).
Being charged a platform fee for merch seems ridiculous 😂
I'm not sure either, I may order the Dumbo pins just to ensure I get the medal replica one but I don't really care for the rest of the pins. I wish you could return things especially since there's no preview. I know you can resell things, but now that preorders are coming back I'm sure reselling won't be quite as easy and I just don't want to deal with that. But the earliest I'd make it to the expo is Friday afternoon, and what if there's something I need...ugh lol!

I'm not sure either, I may order the Dumbo pins just to ensure I get the medal replica one but I don't really care for the rest of the pins. I wish you could return things especially since there's no preview. I know you can resell things, but now that preorders are coming back I'm sure reselling won't be quite as easy and I just don't want to deal with that. But the earliest I'd make it to the expo is Friday afternoon, and what if there's something I need...ugh lol!

Good news bad news for me is I am there Thursday, but I don't know what lines will look like after I'm done with yoga 😂. So I know I've potentially got a chance. Maybe. Plan is to go straight from yoga to line up for expo.

I use the replicas as medals for my travel panda. I used to only get the challenge ones for him, but I kinda want to get him all of them now since he "runs" all of them. I'm sure some collector somewhere is cringing because I cut off the pin part :rotfl:

Newbie planning question- seeing the recent conversation about hotel walking routes made me realize (again) how little I know about the area, and how staring at the map is never going to be a substitute for local knowledge.

I’m looking at the most budget-friendly options I can within walking distance- I just need somewhere safe and clean to sleep. Of the currently available options I’ve narrowed it down to Travelodge DL Dr., Super 8 DL Dr., Days Inn DL Park, Eden Roc, and Clarion. They are all at different points in the area, would you consider them all safely walkable? I don’t mind distance, I just don’t know the highway crossing possibilities of each spot. Am I correct in guessing that there will be many (thousands??) of people out walking the same way at the crack of dawn? Most of the references I read about in reviews are about proximity to the park itself, which is also nice but not the only factor.

I’m searching other groups/reading reviews, but if anyone has strong feelings about picking one for the accommodations I’d love that advice too. Thanks!

Also while I’m here, that Jeopardy category was fun 😊

Question about the expo and merchandise.
I notice there’s an option to buy various things like jackets and pins etc. but no pictures yet. So I don’t really want to pre purchase something without seeing it.

If the expo opens Thursday or Friday and I go on Saturday, is there a good chance they will sell out of a lot of merchandise by then ? I know with a lot of Disney products they sell out quickly but wasn’t sure about running stuff? I remember 80s nights few years back- the line just to buy a pin was like an hour and then they sold out anyway. Is it better to just buy it before and then pick it up at the expo ?
Thanks

Good news bad news for me is I am there Thursday, but I don't know what lines will look like after I'm done with yoga 😂. So I know I've potentially got a chance. Maybe. Plan is to go straight from yoga to line up for expo.

I use the replicas as medals for my travel panda. I used to only get the challenge ones for him, but I kinda want to get him all of them now since he "runs" all of them. I'm sure some collector somewhere is cringing because I cut off the pin part :rotfl:
There’s also the matter of if we’ll have (probably) the VQ for the merch. Which means it maybe even more up to chance what you get.

Like not having the MK discount sucks. But I’m not chancing not getting the stuff I really want.
Question about the expo and merchandise.
I notice there’s an option to buy various things like jackets and pins etc. but no pictures yet. So I don’t really want to pre purchase something without seeing it.

If the expo opens Thursday or Friday and I go on Saturday, is there a good chance they will sell out of a lot of merchandise by then ? I know with a lot of Disney products they sell out quickly but wasn’t sure about running stuff? I remember 80s nights few years back- the line just to buy a pin was like an hour and then they sold out anyway. Is it better to just buy it before and then pick it up at the expo ?
Thanks
Considering how crazy resellers can get. And how this is the first race in ages. Even with the VQ…there might be some stuff but the really popular stuff will most likely be gone.

There’s also the matter of if we’ll have (probably) the VQ for the merch. Which means it maybe even more up to chance what you get.

Like not having the MK discount sucks. But I’m not chancing not getting the stuff I really want.

Considering how crazy resellers can get. And how this is the first race in ages. Even with the VQ…there might be some stuff but the really popular stuff will most likely be gone.

Good thing I am excellent at VQs with a lot of luck on my side. But it'll depend when they open it to join, of course. And if my luck holds.

The no MK discount for pre-orders is such a bummer. That plus having to buy mostly stuff I don't want to get the one thing I do is making me think I'd rather risk it and push my luck again like I did during registration.

At the employee center D23 shopping event they specifically told us they were holding stock back for every shopping window so everyone would have a chance. Thought that was a nice change of pace for something Disney related.

Good thing I am excellent at VQs with a lot of luck on my side. But it'll depend when they open it to join, of course. And if my luck holds.

The no MK discount for pre-orders is such a bummer. That plus having to buy mostly stuff I don't want to get the one thing I do is making me think I'd rather risk it and push my luck again like I did during registration.

At the employee center D23 shopping event they specifically told us they were holding stock back for every shopping window so everyone would have a chance. Thought that was a nice change of pace for something Disney related.
I am just sticking with what I know I’ll want. Pins/jacket. Loungefly. In the unlikely event there is something I don’t want when I pick it up I’m sure I can find someone who likes it. There almost always is.

It would be nice if they hold back stock. But considering historically they don’t. Im not holding out hope

I am just sticking with what I know I’ll want. Pins/jacket. Loungefly. In the unlikely event there is something I don’t want when I pick it up I’m sure I can find someone who likes it. There almost always is.

It would be nice if they hold back stock. But considering historically they don’t. Im not holding out hope

Oh I don't trust rD will do it at all and it'll be chaos like usual. But I did find it interesting D23 is moving towards that (or did for one event) and made sure to tell us they were! Was a nice shift from the free for all those things can be.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter