Disneyland April 7 and 8

Disney Anna

DIS Veteran
Hi Everybody,

It's been a looooooooong time since I've checked in.

I need your help. DH and I are planning a trip to DL and DCA. We're staying at the DH on Sunday, April 7 and departing Monday, April 8.

Want to know, what do you think of these dates in light of Spring Break. Am not interested in going if crowds will be overwhelming.

Also, I noticed that there is a convention of the Calif. Dental Association Apri 5-7. 30,000 attendees. Do you think this will have a huge impact on crowds?

Thanks for any help.

Anna, I honestly think it will be packed. The week before and the week after Easter are among the busiest times of year at Disneyland, and there is a lot of convention business these days too.

You can work around the crowds (use Fast Pass, tour early, hop to DCA when it gets unbearable) but you should expect it to be very crowded.

Good luck deciding!

Are you sure Michelle? I really thought that April 7 and 8 was far enough away from the holiday for everything to be fine. But, I guess I'll have to rethink. I'd like to go at a time when the crowds are low, I get my AP discount at the Disneyland Hotel and when 1/2 of the rides at the park aren't being refurbished.

We went last year on the Wednesday-Sunday after Easter. It was totally manageable--just go early, use fast passes, and have a good plan on what you want to do. We had a great time!
The only hard part for us with the crowds is figuring out when and where to eat without having to fight the crowds--food/eating is a very important part of my vacation!:D I tend to get very grumpy if I can't eat when I'm hungry!

I am from No. California and our Spring Break starts on April 8th--we getting our break later than most everyone else. A lot of schools will have already had their spring break by then.

Don't worry...have fun...afterall, it's Disneyland!!:smooth:

Sue:cool:

I wouldn't be worried if it was just me, but my husband is so high maintenance about crowds. And, he's not a big Disney fan, it's just shy of a miracle that I got him to agree.

I'll think about it for awhile before I decide to re-schedule.

Thanks for all the help. If anyone else has more to say, it would be appreciated.

Don't let me stop you from going! :) I just want you to be prepared. That is also a Super Soap weekend and the Sunday crowds will be affected by that.

Spring breaks here run from mid-March to mid-April so the crowds are affected for quite a while. I know someone who was at Disneyland about a week ago on a Wednesday and it was very crowded...convention business and spring breakers both, no doubt.

A lot also depends on the rehab schedule; if some of the stuff in Fantasyland is open again that will absorb some of the crowds and the walkways won't be quite so congested.

I certainly would still go but expect popular rides to have standby waits of 60 minutes and use Fast Pass as much as you can. And going early really does make huge difference, if you can do that you can tour the headliners early before crowds build.

Have fun! :)

Oh wow, I totally forgot about Super Soap weekend. Egad.

Don't worry Michelle, I know enough about the DL to decide whether to go or not. It's basically bc we're so close and can go so easily, that I'm being a little over hyper about picking a good time.

Any thoughts on May 5 and May 6?

I'd pick May 5 or 6 in a heartbeat over April. :) Much better choice from a crowd perspective and the weather should be a little nicer too!

Thanks for the advice everybody. Mary Jo, I'm going to follow your sage wisdom and re-schedule for May 5 and 6.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter