DisneyDMBNut FINALLY got her dream wedding!! VR Trip Report

My bridesmaid RJ (the redhead) had the Walt Suite and bridesmaid Cheri (the blond) had the Roy Suite. I got ready in the Roy

:yay: the wedding day is here.
Oh both the suites.....WOW. Got any pictures of the suites to share?

After finishing DD's hair, Rufaro came back with the bouquets and my mother's corsage
9jqe0l.jpg

2e1vx2f.jpg

2uoqh6h.jpg

I was so happy my mother got to be part of this. I really wished my dad had lived to see us get married. They waited a really long time for us to make it legal!

Now I had to get my hair done and get everyone dressed and ready! I went off into the other bathroom to do my hair while Cheri and her DH were getting dressed. Renee amused herself with taking pictures!!
Bridesmaid Dress:
2v1r8f8.jpg

24fzr0l.jpg

I called Renee to help me with my hair and veil. I wanted to make sure it was centered! I was starting to get anxious! It was 5pm and they would be here to pick me up in 20 minutes!!

I had asked my mother to bring her pearls and my dad's mothers crystals for me. I wasn't sure which I wanted to wear since the dress had both on it. When I saw the crystals, I knew that was going to be perfect! They are about 80 years old, and heavy as lead!! I put them on and got my hair finished..I was ready for my dress!
efp060.jpg

The moment of TRUTH!!! I had been dieting for over a year..I was really careful on the cruise so that I would still fit in the dress..I slipped it on and it was perfect!! I felt like a real bride!!
2vkngci.jpg

swa809.jpg

Next - I will TRY to piece together what was happening on deck from what was told to me later!!

YEAH!! Woo hoo!! You look beautiful! can't wait for more!!

The following is a report from what I heard:

DH was picked up in his room by Rufaro at 5:00pm. We were only one deck below so they took the stairs up the aft. Rick couldn't believe what DCL had done. He was impressed with all the decorations!
x3fse8.jpg

When he stepped out on deck, he was sure I was going to love it.
33e75dy.jpg

v6izk0.jpg

99mcsm.jpg

All our friends had gathered out on deck with cameras waiting for the event.
9vim4g.jpg

2vtp3jr.jpg

1hyuyv.jpg

The sun was out and perfect! Rick did have one problem..he didn't know how to attach his boutonniere
10zbyva.jpg

2cfwb8.jpg

3169752.jpg

Apparently, when the Captain came out, he was shocked by the number of cameras and video..he called them the Paparazzi..
28txif8.jpg

He and Rick went to the side and chatted. Rick asked him how he became a captain and he asked Rick about some background on us. He was kinda shocked we were renewing our vows after only one year of marriage..so Rick had to explain the story
2iigaxi.jpg

icux4j.jpg

Adam was there, playing the music we had selected..it was very close to 5:30..Rick was wondering where I was..was there a problem??
2uxtzrd.jpg

2a78w06.jpg

2daddex.jpg

Finally..they were told!! The bride is on the move!!!

This is great! Great pics!! I am very impatiently waiting my turn on the Wonder for my wedding!! Reading about yours and seeing all these great pics is awesome!! Keep 'em coming!! popcorn:: :cool1:

I do you put into words what it was like?? Even as I type this, the emotion of the moment gets caught in my throat. Walking the halls in a long caravan to go to your own wedding is surreal. People walking by gasp and say "look at the bride" or "congratulations!!" I wanted to take in every moment and yet get there fast!!
As we walk to the back door and Rufaro lets them know to start the processional, a wave of calm passed over me..almost WILLING me to remember the feeling I had..to take in the whole thing. First, my mother went. She later said she was taken in by the special decorations DCL had done.
20k6l4l.jpg

As Cheri walked through the door, I caught a wave of my song "the luckiest" come thru the door..
http://www.last.fm/music/Ben+Folds/_/The+Luckiest
Even as an instrumental piece without words, it chokes me up!
x3bwia.jpg

num2u.jpg

Soon Kate was walking out and I asked Rufaro to close the door..I had the clearness in my head that I wanted the drama of walking out the door as "a moment"
mi2o8k.jpg

b4f0qu.jpg

Everyone was waiting..it was my turn!! I remember thinking "DON'T TRIP" on the large threshold! At the same time, I wanted to look at Rick..I wanted to watch his face as I came down the aisle. I honestly don't remember the music or the people..just his face smiling at me!
vztutc.jpg

ncbe5j.jpg

2lny9uu.jpg

i4jz3a.jpg

281h4ba.jpg

fu1jc8.jpg

As the Captain greeted us and thanked everyone for being part of our day, I could not stop smiling at the man I married 11 month before. We had had a very long journey here. I was sad that his son had been unable to join us, but thrilled that our daughter was able to witness the love her parents had. Amazingly, after weeks of crying at the drop of a hat, I was extremely calm. I can't even tell you the peace I had in my heart. It sounds sappy and stupid, but hey..this is my wedding report..I can do that!
As Rick started his vows " I Rick, reaffirm that you are my wife and my best friend" his voice cracks..He squints his eyes to make it through and I grasp his hands tight to give him support. As he later told me, the emotion of saying those words, and knowing it was all real and he would lever feel so loved, got to him
2emem2g.jpg

2uivng8.jpg

When it came to my vows, I added alittle..instead of "my husband and best friend" I said "My husband and my VERY best friend"
Rick said he was shocked that I didn't cry a drop! I guess I was too busy grinning from ear to ear!
We exchanged our rings - I wear my Dad's wedding ring from 1956 on my thumb..I was really glad that the ring got into shot..so did my tissue!
new3n6.jpg

2h5lohy.jpg

14jb3ad.jpg

10fdvn7.jpg

They reaffirmed us as husband and wife and we KISSED!!
I think it was a long kiss judging by the series of burst shots our friend took!
v66lhg.jpg

2myax3m.jpg

zj9lvl.jpg

fkaal4.jpg

23hako5.jpg

2133ccg.jpg

24fa0jl.jpg

Wow Betsy, you leave us hanging for weeks and BAM!!!! you've got these installments up in no time! Even though we've seen most of these photos, having it with the play by play, I'm sitting here crying (partly in remembering our VR a short time later). You looked beautiful! Hubby didn't know how to put on his boutteniere so I made sure Rufaro helped him when she got to the lounge to check on him.

I know, I know..you are sick to death of my pictures..But I thought I would try to put a story to them
So after we walk up the aisle, we ducked into the hall and had a private moment of kissing and talking about everything. They ushered us out and since we were waiting to do the toast and cake in Palo, they started taking pictures.
Now, I have always been the bridesmaid..this was my chance to get to be the center of attention. I have to tell ya, everyone wanting to take your picture is FUN!!
We took some with the Captain before he left..I wasn't really thrilled with alot of the pictures the ships photographer "Elvis" took..he was nice, but I am very thankful I had my friends to back him up
op4vh5.jpg

dw3uk9.jpg

He said goodbye and then Rick and I had some pictures done..I know you have seen these, but bear with me..They are a series of shots that were taken as we were just talking to people off camera..the last was captured as we were talking about what shots we wanted to get..I don't think you can understand without knowing us, but the simple gesture of placing my hand on his face as we talk gives me such a simple feeling of being home..does that make sense..when I see that picture, I feel happy!
1dy9sk.jpg
16gnb5u.jpg

by815.jpg
2s1uo3c.jpg

os8whh.jpg

Ok..so next came the wedding party shots.
73c8s8.jpg

Mom came over and had some pictures with us
v4qq83.jpg

Rick wanted to make sure we had some shots of mom and I..Mom has non-smoker COPD and it is advancing. Again..Elvis let me down with the professional, but my friend Ophie took AMAZING pictures of mom and I and my veil shots
2a0luf5.jpg

331hc9s.jpg

9u12mr.jpg

Here is Elvis, ruining what is Rick's favorite picture
15r166u.jpg

This is my favorite shot..I am so glad she captured it..the wind wasn't bad, but I had seen so many veil shots on the boards, I wanted a blown one and the Nassau winds took care of the rest!
2pt569x.jpg

23ita91.jpg

My friend also captured this moment..the girls and I were looking over the side when I said "let's jump!" and here is me trying that!!
4iom55.jpg

We took a final shot with the entire group..we also took a "crazy" one but they didn't print it, so I guess it didn't take!
24ky2k0.jpg

Everyone headed up to Palo while Rick and I went to walk around and take shots on deck. Again, I was not happy with most of these..they used too much flash and we ended up not selecting them in our package. We did take 3..two at the funnel
200vixg.jpg
5xvcya.jpg

We headed to the aft to meet up at Palo..we were just walking and talking when Elvis captured this one..I love it except the fat roll!
dovqdc.jpg

Next - Palo Reception
2cdfh9s.jpg

We had nothing and then bamm!! We get it all!!!!!! :yay:

Isn't it just a blast to relive it!!!

che

My Reception, MY RECEPTION!! (movie anyone?)

As we headed to Palo, our friends gathered in the front area to be seated.
9t24p4.jpg

9sv6dx.jpg

I had secured the Palo Room months before so I could have a reception. As reported earlier, the negations over the cake being set up in the room. I finally got my wish.
The room turned out amazing..the Palo team had placed our programs on the glasses rather than the plates, but it was fine..Our friend Linda and SueEllen took shots of the room!
207vxa0.jpg
2aexvut.jpg

2hxncjr.jpg
2vtbno9.jpg

wqy45k.jpg

We brought a battery powered ipod player and THANKFULLY, before our Mac died in July, I had put together a playlist of our favorite songs to play in the background of Palo
When we got to Palo, I HAD to visit the ladies room..My very good bridesmaid RonnieJo went to help me. You can't really appreciate a good friend until she holds your wedding dress up over you so you can visit the ladies room!
While we were in there, the photographer took a great picture of Rick holding my bouquet with his poochy lip sticking out...he hated the picture so we didn't get it, but it was priceless..I wish I had thought of taking pictures of the pictures we didn't choose. They handed us a stack of 200 to take to our cabin..but, I digress

So, we were ready to make our Palo entry..Marco (the manager and our former waiter when we cruised on the Magic in 2005) led us in to Palo..again, very exciting to hear the gasps and ohh and awws when you walk around in a wedding dress..I felt like a princess!!
We get to the back of the restaurant and Marco led us into the room where everyone was waiting!
ouv134.jpg
s33eyt.jpg

28klrt1.jpg
124j42w.jpg

(two nice pictures of me licking my dry lips..nice!! :rotfl: )

First order of business was getting the music started..Rick didn't know how to get it started, so I had to fix it..Haa..my tech challenged husband!
iqd02b.jpg

Once that was settled, the photographer asked us for our rings, I wanted a picture of our hands with our rings since the original wedding day picture was taken with our cell phone..he did it on the back of the Palo menu
I also added the program because the menu is copper and not great for a background
2vmx6vp.jpg

He then took our rings to photograph the cake. Can I just brag on my cake..with the whole flash problem, I don't think the colors came out right, but the pictures came out so pretty, I was thrilled
4uufcm.jpg

2ih84ty.jpg

6thkqg.jpg
14mh106.jpg

34zggag.jpg

This was some extra flowers we had for rose petals on the cake table..they threw them in the champagne bucket!
oqjfnn.jpg

They wanted us to cut the cake since the photographers hour was going to end soon. We also did a toast..I know I have seen a picture, but now I can't find it...here is our cake cutting..and some "cutting up!"
2coll75.jpg
wb6wp0.jpg

sbsc2g.jpg
fyo6jn.jpg

You have to know us to get the knife picture..I think some people who have seen the picture were thinking it was not nice..but we were laughing hysterical!!

Oh Oh oh! Steel Magnolia!! love that movie!!

Great photos!

At first, for some reason, they thought we didn't want to cut the cake..the server said she would cut it for us..UMMM...NO!!!:confused: I waited a very long time to feed my cake to my husband!!
2i6o0lt.jpg

At first..I wanted to get cake on his face, but he warned me, I would get a payback!! Yikes..so when I scooped up the cake, I managed to get some on my index finger and as I fed it to him, I dabbed it on his nose!! SUCCESS!!
9zyl8i.jpg

Of course, I helped him out by getting it off his nose..cause, ya know..I am nice like that!
x2kq9z.jpg

Now, it was my turn...I begged him not to get it all over my dress!!
He was a good boy! But look at his face!!
mk7s00.jpg

Now..it was time to EAT!!
The Palo team set up several antipastas and some pizzas that were ordered..I loved sitting at the head of the table. Again, very vain of me, but being the center of attention with everyone wanting to talk to you was thrilling!
Here is our picture AFTER JandJ fixed my wrinkled b@@b!!
2qk8114.jpg

30n915w.jpg
6p2f0h.jpg

The sun began to set..I couldn't believe all the planning of time and every detail had come together. It was such a great reception!
n1fkwi.jpg
4fwc92.jpg

They served our cake with Palo chocolate and vanilla sauce..wow! It was better than I thought!! Marco remembered that Cheri loved whipped cream..he brought her a bowl at the brunch, and another bowl at the reception!
xeehhs.jpg

At the end..they kicked us out!! Some officers had a dinner reserved in the Palo Room at 8:30!! BAH!!

TIME TO PARTY IN THE CLUBS!!! - But first, the best photo sell EVER!

Everything looked perfect---deck 7, your dress, your flowers, Palo & your cake was beautiful. So happy that it all lived up to your expectations.
I really want to do this for our vow renewal now. It's not for 5 years, but I think this is the way to go.......I was thinking of doing it at WDW but this seems better.

and cheaper (if you sail in value season)!!!
From what I can tell, WDWVR is very close to DCLVR, but I think WDW has a planning session..I am not sure

I am not sure if I mentioned, we got to attend the party for concierge at BBB during our VR cruise..we had gone to the first one on the 4day as guests of our bridesmaids..that was nice perk!

Hi Betsy!

Wow a concierge party!! Do we get an invitation in our room? I love your cake!! That green really set it off so beautifully!! How soon should I put in a request to Cathy for our cake?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter