• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disneybound-ing

disneychrista said:
Pretty sure people have been doing this before it had a name and was a "thing."

I am so very certain that you are correct. For whatever reason the term "Disney bounding" was uttered, spread and then went from there. When I first read that term, I thought it was some kind of kinky, fetish type thing. Then I read the thread (This goes back awhile) I was a bit disappointed, plus I hate being wrong. Lol :faint:

talentedmummy said:
I may have spent a lot of time online today looking for yellow capris or skinnys for a Snow White outfit.

Easy to do. There is much to look at on and off line. :)

Happy shopping!

My DD has done it every trip since she aged out of costumes. On our trip last week she wore a grey dress, yellow flower in her hair and a red necklace (Dumbo), an orange top, jean shorts and a lime green fedora (Goofy), a yellow top, jean shorts, tan fedora and red tennis shoes (Christopher Robin), and white shorts, purple top and a red bowler hat (Aladdin). She has a lot of fun with it, and looks adorable. The characters definitely recognize people disneybounding. Goofy and Pooh made it known they knew who she was representing.:thumbsup2

I haven't really done this type of dress, just my hair. :)
However, am planning on doing such for a day, maybe more than one during my next trip, whenever that may be. I am a bit put off at this time for a number of different reasons, with the powers that be of Disney.
So, until I get over it, I am not.

Exactly! It doesn't have to be any effort or it can be a whole production. Most go with something in between. I am not the type to enjoy something if nobody can even tell I've done it, so I go a little overboard at times. Mary Poppins was easy, though. I just wore a white sundress, red and white sandals, and I made a little tiny lace clip-on hat. Oh, and I added some little red bows around the bottom of my dress' skirt.

Here's my dd modeling the MP hat:
mpredribbon_zpsef5e8c85.jpg
if you don't mind telling.... how'd you made the tiny hats!! they are adorable!!! my dd4 is wearing a white dress with a red bow around her waist :)

Oooh! I love this idea.

I already have an "evil queen" outfit: purple maxi dress, black cardigan or sheer shirt (depending on weather) and I bought a poisoned apple choker from Etsy. Voila.

I'm thinking of Captain Amelia from Treasure planet! Khakis, a white shirt and blue blazer or sweater and black boots!

I Disney Bound as Snow White one time. Super Subtle but I was surprised how many people came up to me and asked me if I was Disney Bounding as Snow White. I guess more people know about this than I thought. I would insert a picture but I'm so new at this posting, I don't know how... oh well.:idea:

if you don't mind telling.... how'd you made the tiny hats!! they are adorable!!! my dd4 is wearing a white dress with a red bow around her waist :)

I don't mind at all! I bought some little straw hats at Joann's. They look like cowboy/western hats. I soaked them in water so I could shape them the way I wanted, spray painted them white (I found the straw color showed through the fabric if I didn't paint it first), and glued lace/tulle on them. Finished off with ribbon and bits of things for decoration. Here are the ones I made for other members of our group:

mphats_zps78d1754b.jpg

My other dd (twin) wearing a different hat:
callehat1_zps76889bd1.jpg

I did it all in one day. They don't take long to dry, the paint dries almost immediately, and you don't need much fabric. Oh yeah! I almost forgot. I attached a clip on the bottom. I wasn't sure how to do that so I glued a piece of cardboard underneath and attached the clip to that. My friend attached her little hat to a headband.

I'm excited about this! This will certainly add to my holiday :) I looked in my closet and managed to pull together a Jane porter, a pink dress and blue necklace Cinderella, and a evil queen! For my 1 year old dd I can do Boo too, and she is super cute!

I don't mind at all! I bought some little straw hats at Joann's. They look like cowboy/western hats. I soaked them in water so I could shape them the way I wanted, spray painted them white (I found the straw color showed through the fabric if I didn't paint it first), and glued lace/tulle on them. Finished off with ribbon and bits of things for decoration. Here are the ones I made for other members of our group:

mphats_zps78d1754b.jpg

My other dd (twin) wearing a different hat:
callehat1_zps76889bd1.jpg

I did it all in one day. They don't take long to dry, the paint dries almost immediately, and you don't need much fabric. Oh yeah! I almost forgot. I attached a clip on the bottom. I wasn't sure how to do that so I glued a piece of cardboard underneath and attached the clip to that. My friend attached her little hat to a headband.
thank you sooo much!! i will be making them today!! your DDs are lovely! now i want to see them in their outfits ;)
loving this disneybounding!

I've never heard of this before, but now I'll be looking for it. What fun!

I think my boys and I did this by accident one year when they were very young. We all ended up in striped shirts in different combinations of red, blue, white and black. When we had a meet and greet with Peter Pan and Wendy, they thought we were pirates. Cute picture.

chabelita545 said:
I've never heard of this before, but now I'll be looking for it. What fun!

[/QUOTE

If you look up Disney Bounding on Pinterst you can follow some cool boards. We have never done the Disney Bounding but I love seeing all of the ideas!

I would love to do some Disneybounding for my trip in March. I'm thinking Gogo Tomago from Big Hero 6!

I started doing it a few years ago and later found out it had a name attached to it. Its a lot of fun! I'll be there next week as a subtle Snow White, Peter Pan inspired outfit and possible Alice in Wonderland outfit.

I'm going to RAID my wardrobe and Pinterest in hopes of getting ideas. The less I have to purchase, the more money I get to spend in the parks. :)

It's fun! It can be as easy as putting together certain colors, shoes, etc from what you already have. My dd is going to be Tink-inspired next month. I'm going the 28th for Dapper Day and am disbounding as Club 33 gates :D

I'd love to actually Disneybound at some point. I had a plan to bound as Queen Elsa over the summer, but it was just so darn hot and I didn't feel like wearing the dress I brought ;/

I just realized I have a black and white polka dot dress. Dalmatians? Lol

I also have a white Mary Poppins hat like the one DizMe shared. My niece just made this black Mary Poppins hat for me, so I'll be taking it to the park with me next weekend. :)

MaryPoppinsHat.jpg

I think the thing that surprised me about our recent trip to Walt Disney World was that I didn't see anyone Disneybounding like you see everywhere at Disneyland. One more thing to love about the original. While I don't do it myself, I do enjoy seeing what others come up with.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter