Disney Y.E.S. Program

I thought at 30 days you get magic bands delivered to your home that have your park tickets that include your yes program on them.

We stayed offsite last year, so maybe it's different for onsite?
We signed up and paid for YES, got our initial receipt immediately, got confirmation email with ticket numbers at 30 days out, and picked out tickets up at will call on our arrival night.

Weren't the WDW ticket prices for Y.E.S. attendees and their families far more affordable in the past?

How far out are the homeschool days announced? We would like to go next fall ( 2016) but need to make our reservations soon!

Looking at when they sent the email for this fall's (2015) homeschool date, they probably won't put out the fall 2016 date until March of 2016. They haven't sent out the date for the winter homeschool days yet, which *should* be announced this Octo-Nov.

Weren't the WDW ticket prices for Y.E.S. attendees and their families far more affordable in the past?
Yes, yes they were. The current level of savings is greatly reduced from what it was a few years ago, and the 2016 savings are even less.

How far out are the homeschool days announced? We would like to go next fall ( 2016) but need to make our reservations soon!

They usually announce the upcoming dates after the current one has passed. So the next Seminar is Oct 8th and after that they should release the Winter (Jan/Feb?) date. Then, in turn, once that date has passed, they will announce the next fall date.

yeah, discount used to be MUCH MUCH BETTER, especially when you consider the restrictions on the tickets. Not worth it anymore, in my opinion.

yeah, discount used to be MUCH MUCH BETTER, especially when you consider the restrictions on the tickets. Not worth it anymore, in my opinion.
What restrictions? They've always been normal tickets for me.

well, not sure about dates now, but before, you could only use them during your actual trip dates, non refundable, non upgradeable. So if something happened, and couldn't make the trip, you were out the money, not just having tickets to use another time. When I look at it now, not sure if all those things are still in place. Before MB you had to get the tickets at certain places at the park. probably easier now with MB, but for only about $75 difference in price, not worth it to us to have whatever restrictions there are on them. the last time we did it, the savings was over $300, well worth it. now, not so much.

Well it sounds as if the value, that has gotten reduced greatly already, will be even further reduced in 2016. I would never consider this option now. Too many restrictions for a barely there discount.

I have never gotten YES tickets before, but am looking at them now. I have a question I can't find the answer to. We will be at Disney World for 12 days in a few weeks and already have 10 day hopper tickets. Dates/classes have never worked out till now. There is a class I know my son will love on an afternoon we have open (morning in Magic Kingdom, afternoon just hanging out playing Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom) I went to buy tickets, but it looks like there is no option for the class only. So, do I have do buy the whole combo of class and park ticket for the day? Also, how will that work? I will have used my 10 day hopper in the morning and I though you can't use two different tickets on your magic band on the same day. Help please!! Thank you!! :)

I have never gotten YES tickets before, but am looking at them now. I have a question I can't find the answer to. We will be at Disney World for 12 days in a few weeks and already have 10 day hopper tickets. Dates/classes have never worked out till now. There is a class I know my son will love on an afternoon we have open (morning in Magic Kingdom, afternoon just hanging out playing Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom) I went to buy tickets, but it looks like there is no option for the class only. So, do I have do buy the whole combo of class and park ticket for the day? Also, how will that work? I will have used my 10 day hopper in the morning and I though you can't use two different tickets on your magic band on the same day. Help please!! Thank you!! :)
Even if you have an annual pass, you must buy a minimum 1-day ticket in order to do YES. You don't need to use the YES ticket to enter the park that day, but that ticket does expire within a week or two of the class date. You can't save a YES ticket for later. You could save your 10-day ticket for a future trip and buy YES tickets with more days (but I don't know that they actually have 10-day YES).

Even if you have an annual pass, you must buy a minimum 1-day ticket in order to do YES. You don't need to use the YES ticket to enter the park that day, but that ticket does expire within a week or two of the class date. You can't save a YES ticket for later. You could save your 10-day ticket for a future trip and buy YES tickets with more days (but I don't know that they actually have 10-day YES).
For 2016, 5 days is the max ticket sold. I'm very disappointed because my group was planning on a 7 day ticket.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter