Disney World vs Disneyland

We love Disney World and go there almost every year. Nothing compares to Disney World because there are four parks, and they're all so different.

Being in Disney World really is like being in a whole different world because it's so cut off from everything else.

That being said, Disneyland was awesome. I wish there was a Cars land in Disney World because it really felt like you were in radiator Springs which is really cool.

I have no complaints about Disneyland. It's great that you can walk between the parks and that you can do both parks in less than a week. We went to the parks for five days and it was very relaxing to spread it out like that.

I think Disney World has more to offer as far as dining and the restaurants, especially Epcot obviously.

Disneyland reminded me more of being at Universal Studios. The parks are close together in a similar way, and feel smaller than Disney World.

If you do stay at Disneyland I recommend staying on Disney property. We did not, and that's my only regret. We stayed off property and although it wasn't a far walk it's not a nice area to walk through at night. There were homeless people sleeping on benches, locals trying to sell you stuff as you walk, and I just felt like I really needed to hold my children's hands (tweens at the time) just walking down the sidewalk.

There are also busy streets and the light seems to change really quickly when you're crossing. But other than that it was a great vacation and something that I would like to do again. However, we are on the East Coast so Disney World works better for us.

After visiting WDW for the first time a few months ago, this local Disneyland veteran could not be happier about his situation.

Disney World to me is a place for a vacation. Disneyland is the perfect place for a spur of the moment visit. I love being able to stop by the DLR after work and grab a bite to eat, get on a few rides, watch a show or even just walk around, sit and take everything in. I feel like you couldn't really do that at WDW because of needing to book your FP's in advance as well as just getting to the parks being more time consuming. But now that I've been to Disney world this Disney fan now has a go to vacation destination. I already have another trip booked for next January at the Boardwalk Villas. I just loved being completely surrounded by Disney. Also I think Disney World has better food.

It would be different if I didn't live so close to the DLR. I would probably take a trip to California with more than Disney in mind. Hit the beaches, go to LA, other theme parks. When I go to Orlando I only want to go to Disney World, at least right now being new to the Resort. I didn't even get to see everything when I went the first time and ate only at QS restaurants. For my next trip in January I'm going to make full use of the 180 day adr's and the 60 day FP+ reservations.

Like others have said, go! but leave the WDW expectations behind. The two are just so different. In a nutshell though, WDW is easily the better resort. Disneyland is the better castle park, just as easily.

Last edited:
First time post, long time lurker.. As a distant traveller and frequent visitor of DL, I visited WDW for 14 nights last September. I have to say that comparing the two destinations is almost like comparing red wine or white wine.

WDW wins for me:
- The Disney bubble
- ADR's, Fastpass, magic bands and planning - really added to the excitement of the trip
- Far better restaurants and eating experience
- Disney resorts.. something for everyone
- Cinderella's Castle

DLR wins for me:
- Attractions - overall I think most are better (BTMRR, IASW etc...)
- Park hopping
- Night time parade :)
- DLH - still my favourite Disney parks hotel

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter