Disney World free resort

Silly23

Disney Art Guy
Few years back we signed up for a time share meeting at Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort and stayed for free and got a $200 gift card.

Bonnet Creek is on property and it was an amazing trip.

While it's close to being on property geographically, technically speaking, it's off site. It's not owned by Disney, guests don't get access to DME transfers from MCO, guests don't get Disney park transportation nor access to EMH. Also guests can't begin booking FP at 60 days prior to arrival.
We've never stayed there but we did a brief self-guided walking tour through the public areas and I'm sure we'd enjoy ourselves there, but for anyone wanting the onsite perks that Disney offers, they can't get them at Bonnet Creek.

While it's close to being on property geographically, technically speaking, it's off site. It's not owned by Disney, guests don't get access to DME transfers from MCO, guests don't get Disney park transportation nor access to EMH. Also guests can't begin booking FP at 60 days prior to arrival.
We've never stayed there but we did a brief self-guided walking tour through the public areas and I'm sure we'd enjoy ourselves there, but for anyone wanting the onsite perks that Disney offers, they can't get them at Bonnet Creek.
That is very true..but free that close was nice. It didnt have that extra Disney something but we got that in the parks.

Also i thought they told us it was the only property within that area not owned by Disney.

That is very true..but free that close was nice. It didnt have that extra Disney something but we got that in the parks.
Oh sure, for free I'd have a great time and I can totally live without the onsite perks. I only mentioned that for the sake of not giving out misinformation. There are many people who love those perks and would be expecting them.

I’d stay at Bonnet Creek over “ onsite” any day, great resort! And those onsite perks are sure getting scarce...

Also i thought they told us it was the only property within that area not owned by Disney.
That would not be true. There are two resorts right across the street from WBC that are not owned by Disney (hilton bonnet creek and waldorf astoria). I think free is great! But I also realize there is a benefit to staying 'onsite' and for now, that is our family's preference. We get free onsite stays through credit card points. If those ever dry up, we may find ourselves off site :)

ETA: We did stay once at WBC.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter