Disney Wonder - October 14, 2012 - Hawaii

Welcome! :welcome:
Yes we are more active on FB but I think by reading the forum you can pick up most everything.

Hi, everyone!!!!

Guess what? DH came home and said, "Here's your birthday present. (My birthday is in September)." And handed me a copy of a reservation page for HAWAII.

So, we're joining you!!

I haven't read through the whole thread yet, but will do so. I did see that you're doing most of your planning talk on Facebook. Unfortunately, I, also don't do Facebook. So I'll just see what I can learn from here.

YEAAAAAAAA!!!!!!

:cutie:
Awesome news. What a wonderful Birthday present. We share the same month.

Check your passports. I just tried to finish my online check-in only to realize that it would not let me go further because DH's passport expires on the day we set sail. My planning is not up to par. LOL Even though we do not need it for this cruise, I would rather have it available.

Luv2sleep posted this on FB. Here is is in case anyone is interested OR looking for shore excursion ideas in Maui

"Decided to do Drums of the Pacific Luau on Maui at the Hyatt on Kaanapali Beach. I'm going to attempt to book it this weekend. I'm going to rent a car on the Maui day, go have an early lunch at Mama's Fish House and hang on the beach in front of the Sheraton. [I learned a great tip last year: park in the Whaler's Village parking lot, rent chair/cabana umbrella at the Sheraton, hang there, go back to Whaler's for ice cream/snack (has to total at least $15$), get the parking stub validated and that gets you 3 hours of free parking. ] Then go to the luau. It's going to be a long day but we can relax in a cabana on the beach."

OK, I've read up to page 20. That's all I can do today.

But it leads to a question. At this point you all were discussing shirts. Are there shirts going to be ordered? Are they the ones that look like hawaiian shirts? or t-shirts? DH & I would be interested in finding out (ball park) what the cost would be.

We're not particuarly interested in doing the FE, however, if possible, I would like to (maybe) distribute some little things for the kids, if I can get a list?

We're Linda & Mike and we're GTY 9C right now.

Hawaiian Shirt Order - http://dcl.trapperhq.com/20121014/Shirt_List.htm

Shirt Design - http://dcl.trapperhq.com/20121014/shirt.jpg (click on shirt in order form).

Shirts can come in any size - Adult or Child -- Adult 2XL & 3XL have a $5 surcharge
Sizes are true to size (maybe a touch larger).
CAVEAT - All sizes must have a minimum of 10 shirts of the same size.

Price per shirt will be based on the final tally (minimum of 50).

Fabric (100% Rayon) is $15/yd and the pattern repeat is roughly 1.25 yards.

Pricing
--------
Quantity
50 to 99 --- 41.75
100 to 149 --- 29.50
150 to 249 --- 25.00

TBD is the shipping price from Manufacturer.

If you wish to order shirts please send me your info - Cabin, DISname, Shirt size (Adult/Child).
Right now, NO MONEY is needed until the total number of shirts being ordered is known.

:dance3::laundy::happytv::coffee:

only 1 week for excursions/palo for me..well a week and a few days..LOL

Hawaiian Shirt Order - http://dcl.trapperhq.com/20121014/Shirt_List.htm

Shirt Design - http://dcl.trapperhq.com/20121014/shirt.jpg (click on shirt in order form).

Shirts can come in any size - Adult or Child -- Adult 2XL & 3XL have a $5 surcharge
Sizes are true to size (maybe a touch larger).
CAVEAT - All sizes must have a minimum of 10 shirts of the same size.

Price per shirt will be based on the final tally (minimum of 50).

Fabric (100% Rayon) is $15/yd and the pattern repeat is roughly 1.25 yards.

Pricing
--------
Quantity
50 to 99 --- 41.75
100 to 149 --- 29.50
150 to 249 --- 25.00

TBD is the shipping price from Manufacturer.

If you wish to order shirts please send me your info - Cabin, DISname, Shirt size (Adult/Child).
Right now, NO MONEY is needed until the total number of shirts being ordered is known.

If we order shirts now are we commited? Is there a date we need to order by? We've just found out that we may have 4 others joining us and I need to explain to them about the DIS (yes there are such people) and DISmeets and shirts and FE and postcard/candy/etc swaps. Whew!

If we order shirts now are we commited? Is there a date we need to order by? We've just found out that we may have 4 others joining us and I need to explain to them about the DIS (yes there are such people) and DISmeets and shirts and FE and postcard/candy/etc swaps. Whew!

If you order shirts, Yes you are committed. So, please only give me the number you truly want.

We will probably be able to add shirts but the price is based on number of shirts and if we get 101 shirts (with the cheaper price) and someone backs out after money is sent then everyone is kinda !#$#*ed. Also, there are minimums for size and total so back-outs may hurt those too.

I will need a final number around July 4th so that we have time for manufacturing and shipping. Money is not needed until the total number is known.

OK, there are 6 of us now:

me, Linda
DH, Mike
Mikes mom, Vi and her husband Rollie
Mikes sister, Pat and her husband Ron.

We're all GTY right now.

The other 4 are all newbies, don't know anything about DISboards or FEs or anything. I'm going to try to do a crash course with them. I'll let you know by Jul 4 about the shirts. Is there a closing date for the FE?

I see several of us are from SoCal, hope to meet up with you. Is there a DISmeet? Onboard or pre-cruise?

OK, there are 6 of us now:

me, Linda
DH, Mike
Mikes mom, Vi and her husband Rollie
Mikes sister, Pat and her husband Ron.

We're all GTY right now.

The other 4 are all newbies, don't know anything about DISboards or FEs or anything. I'm going to try to do a crash course with them. I'll let you know by Jul 4 about the shirts. Is there a closing date for the FE?

I see several of us are from SoCal, hope to meet up with you. Is there a DISmeet? Onboard or pre-cruise?

Currently, Sep 1st is the date for the FE "Official Tally". This means that if you need absolute numbers for ordering/making FE that is the number to use. Anyone added after that date and until I "Close" the list will be highlighted in Blue on the list and cautioned that they might not receive from everyone who used the "tally" number unless they have extras.

This was done as a compromise for those who wanted an "early close" but still let latecomers join and enjoy the FE sharing too.

Still up in the air about Meets. I can guarantee there will be at least one somewhere on embarkation day and possibly one at DL and at one of the Hotels near the port the night before.

Hi all

wondered if we can have a decision re the FE and what way its going to be - whole list, split list, closing dates etc through some discussion on this thread. Part of the Facebook group and lengthy discussions there but that doesnt include everyone wholll be signing up.

Dont want to repeat previous discussion from FB but we need to make a decision either way and then people can get on with it. FE gifts to be organised and all that. If people are already starting to get their gifts ready it wouldnt be fair to split the list at a later date. Similarly having people decide themselves what they do with the list doesnt make any sense to me. I am happy to go with whatever way it is organised but feel we need a decision now

Lynne

Everyone,
I posted a poll on the Facebook page (Click here) about the Fish Extender.
If you're on Facebook and in the group, please answer the poll on there.
If you're not on there, I created a poll on here too (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2947662).

Please, everyone who is in the FE answer the poll!
Thank you!

Paul, I have put a hold any updates to the my-managed FE list until the poll closes and you have declared a winner and new manager if need be.

Hi Linda & Welcome Aboard!:cheer2:

There are a few WBTA people on this cruise.....will be nice to see you again!

Awesome b-day pressie btw..

Hi Linda & Welcome Aboard!:cheer2:

There are a few WBTA people on this cruise.....will be nice to see you again!

Awesome b-day pressie btw..

Thanks, it's nice to see someone I already know here.

BTW, we just returned from a HAL CruiseTour. Started in Whitehorse. Sorry, didn't even think about you being there, or might have arranged to meet up. We took an excursion to Kluane NP (River Float Trip), Dawson City, and over into Alaska. Caught the ship at Seward to Vancouver.

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter