• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Wonder November 27, 2015 Roll Call

Group 3 FE - When do you want me to close the group?

• When we reach 11 (which is where we currently are)

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • When we reach 15

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • When we reach 20 - 25

• At a set number of days for the cruise (if this is your answer please share # of days in group 3 PM)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Not a problem. And Thank you!

I am getting ready to watch this weeks muster drill (or see as much of it as I can from the cruise cam). Part of the count down to sail away. I missed the sail away last week, but am going to catch her last sail away before we board!

Thanks for the map, super helpful! We're getting more and more excited with each day that passes, but I'm also becoming a little anxious toooo! I'm beginning to wonder if I've packed all that we'll need to be comfortable...what if there's an emergency on land?? Are we 100% unreachable to family?! Eeek!!

If you have time over the weekend, read back through the thread and look for my Monday Forget Me Nots. I have covered just about everything you will need. If you don't have time to read, here is a simple list of items not to forget. To start off, you will need your boarding documents and id. After that the basic theme is 'you are on vacation '. If you have a few swimsuits, a few comfy daytime outfits, at least 1 dress for the girls, and 1 pair of pants for the guys, some comfy shoes, sun screen, sleep clothes, and finally yourself. Everything else is just extra.
Oh, don't forget your FE'S! !!!
Now as for emergencies back home, Disney provided you with some helpful cards in your cruise documents. You can find them in the spiral bound book they sent. They have a number for you to leave with your friends and family in case there is an emergency, and they need to reach you.
So, the only other thing to worry about is why is it taking so long for the boat to get back? And Why isn't it Friday already?

Does anyone know whether Santa is on the ship? Wondering whether we will have to stand in the dreaded line at the mall this year or whether we can hit Santa on the cruise.

Does anyone know whether Santa is on the ship? Wondering whether we will have to stand in the dreaded line at the mall this year or whether we can hit Santa on the cruise.
From what I have heard, Yes he will be. And according to the Navigator from last week, he will make 2 appearances (with the 2nd being less crowded ).

We on Wonder now and there is Santas Wonderland Ball on deck 9 at 4:15 and 10:15 today.

We on Wonder now and there is Santas Wonderland Ball on deck 9 at 4:15 and 10:15 today.
Thanks for the update! Maybe we will see you in passing on Friday so we can thank you in person.
Oh, and one question, are they still offering the 50 mg free Internet if you set up on embarkation day ?

Thanks for the update! Maybe we will see you in passing on Friday so we can thank you in person.
Oh, and one question, are they still offering the 50 mg free Internet if you set up on embarkation day ?

Yes still have that offer; DH signed up with it. We just got back in from Key West....weather was very nice.

Thanks everyone for all the great tips, tricks, and insider scoop! I'm so glad I found this group before setting sail on our very first cruise. I feel like I'm extremely prepared for a first time cruiser! I was wondering the same about Santa too. We were at the mall (hunting for my formal dress-which I just found yesterday!) when I wondered if he'd be making an appearance-what great news!! Can those photos only be purchased through Disney or can we use our own camera too?

We are all set and will pack tomorrow since we're taking the drive Tues to visit with family for Thanksgiving. Hotel stays for the rest of the week!:drive:

Thanks everyone for all the great tips, tricks, and insider scoop! I'm so glad I found this group before setting sail on our very first cruise. I feel like I'm extremely prepared for a first time cruiser! I was wondering the same about Santa too. We were at the mall (hunting for my formal dress-which I just found yesterday!) when I wondered if he'd be making an appearance-what great news!! Can those photos only be purchased through Disney or can we use our own camera too?

We are all set and will pack tomorrow since we're taking the drive Tues to visit with family for Thanksgiving. Hotel stays for the rest of the week!:drive:
Yes, you can use your own camera for pics. If you want the whole family in the picture, that honestly depends on the CM (some will take a picture for you others won't ). However, I am sure if the CM won't, that any of the guests in line would probably help you out. If you are hoping to get a whole family picture with Santa. Ask the CM's working with Santa and the photographers, as soon as you get in line. That way, if they are not abe to take the picture for you, you have time to find a line mate who can help. On the other hand, if you just want a picture with the kids and Santa, you will be able to snap your photos without any problems.

Has anyone posted the Navigators from last week?

We have the ones from the Nov 6th cruise. I am attaching the post below in case you are looking for it.
However if you possibly have a more recent one, we are still hoping someone will post one.

Here is November 6th's:

Here is the direct link to make the Navigators easier to find:http://www.disneycruisemomblog.com/...estern-caribbean-cruise-on-the-disney-wonder/
I found it came up faster using Chrome.
Keep in mind that this was not on the same itinerary that we are, but it should give a good idea of what to expect.

Also 2 great finds on the day 1 Navigator. Check out the picture below to see the FREE WiFi offer they had on there 1st day,
And for those who were hoping for a Bippity Boppity Boutique, check out the highlighted section about Magical Makeovers with Glitter and Co

View attachment 135983

AGHHHHHHH! 4 More Days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is the last Monday before we set sail. Thus, this is my last chance to share a Monday Forget Me Not With the group.
Today is for all of you who have been saying that you are not packed yet, and a final check list for those of you who want to make sure they have everything.

First, a list of Do Not Leave Home without items. Double and Triple check this list, before you leave for the port.

Make sure you have:
-Yourself, and everyone in your traveling party (if you are traveling from different homes, and meeting up later, check in as you are leaving. We do not want any 'Home Alone' incidents).
- All of your parties travel documents - Printed signature forms, health advisory forms (these were emailed to everyone last week from Disney), and any forms needed for those traveling with minors (debarkation permission forms, legal guardian forms, etc....these do not apply to everyone).
- Official Identification - Passports, divers license (these are needed for everyone over 16 with a drivers license), birth certificate, foreign id, etc.
- Spiral bound travel booklet Disney sent in the mail.
- Confirmation for any parking reservations.
- Cash in small increments - You will want small bills for things like tipping your shuttle driver, tipping those that help you with your bags at the port (usually $1 to $2 a bag), tipping room service, and on shore purchases.

Plan to carry on:
- All of the above (minus parking confirmation)
- Any Wine or beer (these are the only forms of alcohol allowed - limit 2 bottles of wine, or 6 cans of beer per person 21 and older)
- All valuables (limit this to only what is necessary)
- All medications (only prescription - that have actually been prescribed - or legal over the counter medications)
- All electronics (phones, tablets, laptops, etc...don't forget chargers)...now is a good time to remind you to download the Disney Cruise App before leaving home. Doing so will save you the data usage it will cost to download while on the way to the port or at the port. Also, familiarize yourself with steps to activating app while in airplane mode for when you board.
- Credit cards
- Sun Screen
- Swim wear if you are daring enough to try to get in the water (forecast calls for a high of 74 and a low of 64)
- Clothes and anything you will need to get ready for that nights dinner (this is just in case your luggage does not arrive before dinner)
- Anything you may want to have autographed (there is a chance you may see Mickey or Minnie during boarding)

Second, a generic packing list for double checking you have everything:

See attached file below. If you can not view, I have a shareable version on docs

And finally a before you leave home check list:

See attached file below. If you can not view, I have a shareable version on docs

Attachments

• Copy of Disney Packing list.pdf
    123.4 KB · Views: 13
  • Copy of pre travel check list-1.pdf
    115.2 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter