Disney Wish Dining Rotation

norascheibe

Earning My Ears
Hey Cruisers!

If anyone was on the recent 4 Night Cruise on the Wish (July 25 - July 29), can you please share your dining rotation? I am curious if the ship will be on a ABBC or ABCC rotation. We currently have night 1 Palo reservations (it was all that was left), and I know that night 3 will be the Pirate Night menu, so I am thinking my family will only really get to experience two of the dining rooms. Obviously, I am going to be trying to get Arendelle and Marvel to work but knowing the dining rotation for a four night cruise would be so helpful for my planning!

Thanks so much!

Thanks for posting this! I'm trying to figure this out too for our cruise next year.

While not for the 4-night cruise last week, Concierge did share these rotations with us for our 4-night Wish cruise in August:
Day of WeekPortAttireRotation #1Rotation #2Rotation #3
MondayPort CanaveralCasual1923World's of MarvelArendelle: A Frozen Dining Adventure
TuesdayNassauOptional Dress-UpWorld's of MarvelArendelle: A Frozen Dining Adventure1923
WednesdayCastaway CayOptional PirateWorld's of MarvelArendelle: A Frozen Dining Adventure1923
ThursdayAt SeaCasualArendelle: A Frozen Dining Adventure1923World's of Marvel
FridayPort Canaveral

While not for the 4-night cruise last week, Concierge did share these rotations with us for our 4-night Wish cruise in August:
MondayPort CanaveralCasual1923World's of MarvelArendelle: A Frozen Dining Adventure
TuesdayNassauOptional Dress-UpWorld's of MarvelArendelle: A Frozen Dining Adventure1923
WednesdayCastaway CayOptional PirateWorld's of MarvelArendelle: A Frozen Dining Adventure1923
FridayPort Canaveral
Thank you! I'm new to cruising, so this would mean that if we want to experience all the restaurants, and we don't care about the pirate menu, we should try to get a signature dining experience for the third night of the cruise, right?

Though I imagine most people try to do this, so our odds of actually succeeding, especially since we are last to have bookings open, are slim to none...

Yes, that would be my recommendation. If you want to also see the Pirates show and fireworks later that night, you may also want to keep in mind the time for that (I believe I saw the Wish had it at 10:15pm).

Also, I believe they only do the "show" in the Frozen and Marvel restaurants on the first night in the restaurant, so keep that in mind if you want to see those.

FridayPort Canaveral

That is so helpful! Thank you for sharing Starwave!

Though I imagine most people try to do this, so our odds of actually succeeding, especially since we are last to have bookings open, are slim to none...
These board do not reflect what ’most people’ do. In the real world, most guest do not know when the Pirate night will be or do anything special because of it. On a four-night cruise, Palo/Enchanté reservations will be difficult to get on any night for first-timers since they are so few of them.

Thank you for confirming! What was your evening show rotation since Aladdin is not ready yet?
It was Seas on Day 1, a Singer on Day 2, Thor movie on day 3 (Pirate night) & Little Mermaid on Day 4.

We didn’t attend day 2/3 to give feedback on. They did a matinee of Mermaid on both the 4 & 3 night (the 4 night it was a bit later at I think 4 pm vs 3 pm of the 3 night) which caused the PM shows to start 15 min later. (845 for main dining)

we were on the july 25th 4 night cruise
we had marvel, arendelle, arendelle, 1923
early seating

we all enjoyed both marvel and arendelle (the shows and the food)..
1923 was a fail for us because of the extremely cramped seating...i heard other people mention how cramped 1923 is and wonder why they designed it that way....i'm not sure if other areas in that restaurant are better....it might just have been where we were seated... but there was plenty of room in both marvel and arendelle...

we thought the marvel show was cute (all ages enjoyed it in our group)
we loved the show in arendelle, great singing and a funny story.....again, all ages in our group enjoyed the show..

we thought arendelle was the prettiest of the 3 restaurants....

Last edited:
Thank you for confirming! What was your evening show rotation since Aladdin is not ready yet?

they did seas the first night which was great
second night they had a very talented singer with an interesting story, but it wasn't appropriate for children
third night, as the replacement for aladdin, they showed Thor - which is definitely inappropriate for young children (we had a 4, 6, and 8 year old with us)
4th night was mermaid

we complained pretty much every day about their decision to show thor instead of aladdin (which wasn't ready)
No one pays disney prices to be shown a movie instead of a theater show...(especially a move that isn't for small children)..
the kids were extremely disappointed that there was no show...
the shows are their favorite parts of disney ships...

this was just one of the many failings of that particular cruise and probably the ship in general...
for example, if you're familiar with the other 4 ships, there wasn't anyone on the cruise directors staff who was dedicated to adult entertainment..
this is one of our favored features on the other disney ships...

perhaps the lack of a dedicated adult area is the reason....that lack of a dedicated adult area for evening entertainment was another fail for us..

and the minuscule adult deck area was yet another...

overall, the kids club area was a major success and the only one for our group of 9
editing to add that arendelle and marvel were also a success for us.....

Last edited:
DF, just curious what their response was to your complaints. ( Which I believe are totally valid FWIW). People are paying for price for a cruise that is "not ready for prime time" as has been well documented on this board already. I have not read anything where Disney has responded in any way so interested to see what they said to you.

we complained pretty much every day about their decision to show thor instead of aladdin (which wasn't ready)
No one pays disney prices to be shown a movie instead of a theater show...(especially a move that isn't for small children)..
the kids were extremely disappointed that there was no show...
the shows are their favorite parts of disney ships...
To be fair, until recently when Frozen was added to the Fantasy, each of the other four ships only had one signature show and 1-2 smaller jukebox shows. Having two feature shows on the Wish is more than you'd get on the Dream, which is the ship that the Wish is replacing on the 3/4-night Bahamas cruises. And, showing a movie for the evening entertainment is actually rather common on Disney's ships, especially if the movie is new and meant to be a Big Deal. So, that's nothing new or exclusive to the Wish.
this was just one of the many failings of that particular cruise and probably the ship in general...
for example, if you're familiar with the other 4 ships, there wasn't anyone on the cruise directors staff who was dedicated to adult entertainment..
this is one of our favored features on the other disney ships...
The other ships no longer have such a person, either. Disney has eliminated the club hosts.
perhaps the lack of a dedicated adult area is the reason....that lack of a dedicated adult area for evening entertainment was another fail for us..
Luna is the primary venue for adult-only shows at night. Nightingale's, Keg & Compass, The Bayou, and Hyperspace Lounge (and possibly others?) provide other forms of adult entertainment at night, such as musicians.
and the minuscule adult deck area was yet another...
The infinity pool is a bit small, but the deck area is actually rather large. It includes the area near the pool, the side area all the way to the aft stairs starboard, and the side area half way to the stairs port side. It also includes an extra sun deck one level up. It's certainly more space than Quiet Cove on the other ships, though likely less space than the combination of Quiet Cove and Satellite Falls on the Dream-class ships.

I mean, there are plenty of things to complain about (Aladdin isn't ready, the new interactive game isn't ready, some signs weren't in place, Enchante seems to be overwhelmed, the Hyperspace Lounge reservation system seems to change every few days, there's no walking track, etc.). But let's be real. Anyway, we're probably too far off topic. Sorry!

DF, just curious what their response was to your complaints. ( Which I believe are totally valid FWIW). People are paying for price for a cruise that is "not ready for prime time" as has been well documented on this board already. I have not read anything where Disney has responded in any way so interested to see what they said to you.

they kept saying they'd get back to us, which they didn't, which is why we kept going back to guest services..

i suspect other people were complaining as well as we noticed a change in the movie theater schedule on the last day of the cruise..

there are two movie theaters on the ship: neverland and wonderland i think they're called...
we checked the entire schedule on the first day to see what movie we would all watch together (a tradition for us on the disney ships), but there wasn't one..
they basically showed the same 3 movies alternating between the two theaters: Thor, Dr. strange and a third i don't recall...

on one morning at 8:30 they showed encanto (nassau day), but we couldn't go as we were getting off the ship at 8:30 am..

then on thursday morning (CC day) when i was wandering around the ship with my 3 grandkids waiting for the open house to begin at the kids club, we passed by wonderland and noticed they had added two encanto showings one after the other in the afternoon (that conflicted with the afternoon showing of mermaid)..
but those two showings had been added - they hadn't been in the original schedule, so i assume someone complained about the nonstop showing of thor and the other one (can't remember what it was)..

we've been on a lot of disney cruises....this is the first time that the movie schedule was so limited....
i heard other people complaining about that...i didn't.....i had bigger fish to fry in the replacing of aladdin with a movie....

we were on a disney ship a few years ago when they had to cancel a show - don't remember why - they flew in a replacement juggler.....he was hilarious....absolutely hilarious....and he had a general show in the theater for everyone and then another show at night for adults (with screamingly funny material)...

The point is disney specially flew in at the last minute a real entertainment act to replace the show that wasn't available...

but on the wish, on our cruise they thought it was ok to replace a major show with a movie..

what worries me is that it seems that DCL is going the way of disney world....

i felt it was important to let them know that it wasn't ok.....

we just got back home yesterday morning after a one month vacation...
i'll eventually get myself together and write to various people within the disney organization..
but i know it's not going to make a difference....they seem to be willing to just get by...

Last edited:
we've been on a lot of disney cruises....this is the first time that the movie schedule was so limited....
The 3/4-night Bahamas cruises usually only have 3-4 movies showing. That was true on the Dream, too. What's weird is that they aren't adding more movies now that they have two screens to play them on.

The 3/4-night Bahamas cruises usually only have 3-4 movies showing. That was true on the Dream, too. What's weird is that they aren't adding more movies now that they have two screens to play them on.

it's so strange....they OWN the movies...they have zillions of movies....
and they don't have to be first run - any kiddie movies will do...
of course they do show kiddie movies out on the pool deck, but it's not really a movie going experience out there...

To be fair, until recently when Frozen was added to the Fantasy, each of the other four ships only had one signature show and 1-2 smaller jukebox shows. Having two feature shows on the Wish is more than you'd get on the Dream, which is the ship that the Wish is replacing on the 3/4-night Bahamas cruises. And, showing a movie for the evening entertainment is actually rather common on Disney's ships, especially if the movie is new and meant to be a Big Deal. So, that's nothing new or exclusive to the Wish.

i've been on the Dream for 4 night cruises multiple times.
They have 3 shows over 4 nights.
when i say show, i mean show, whether it's the golden mickeys or whatever.
it doesn't have to be mermaid or frozen or tangled.
In fact, we like the what you apparently call jukebox shows better.
In any case, there were ALWAYS 3 shows over 4 nights.
Also way back in prehistoric times when we went on 4 night cruises on the Disney Wonder.
Not two shows and a movie that children can't see.
3 shows presented by the incredibly talented performers.

as for showing a movie as evening entertainment, never as a replacement for one of the 3 shows (again, jukebox shows if you want to call them that. we call them shows)

The other ships no longer have such a person, either. Disney has eliminated the club hosts.

if this is true, it's another mistake DCL is making
the club host was one of the most successful additions.
before there was a dedicated club host, adult entertainment was hit or miss, mostly miss.
my daughter and son in law are on the disney wonder right now, i'll ask her if that's the case and how it impacted their cruise.
on the wish it was definitely a fail.

Luna is the primary venue for adult-only shows at night. Nightingale's, Keg & Compass, The Bayou, and Hyperspace Lounge (and possibly others?) provide other forms of adult entertainment at night, such as musicians.

luna is another design failure, but we're talking about a dedicated adult area....
the way they designed the adult spaces aren't adult areas at all. they're bars stuck in between everything else.
basically hallways with bars in them...

The infinity pool is a bit small, but the deck area is actually rather large. It includes the area near the pool, the side area all the way to the aft stairs starboard, and the side area half way to the stairs port side. It also includes an extra sun deck one level up. It's certainly more space than Quiet Cove on the other ships, though likely less space than the combination of Quiet Cove and Satellite Falls on the Dream-class ships.

you think the adult pool deck area is larger than the adult area on the classic ships? have you been on them recently?
the failed adult pool deck was a common complaint of every adult i chatted with on the wish who had been on other dcl ships...

I mean, there are plenty of things to complain about (Aladdin isn't ready, the new interactive game isn't ready, some signs weren't in place, Enchante seems to be overwhelmed, the Hyperspace Lounge reservation system seems to change every few days, there's no walking track, etc.). But let's be real. Anyway, we're probably too far off topic. Sorry!

thanks for reminding me....all of those were definitely issues... how is it they couldn't get the deck numbers on staircase signs???
i pointed it out to a crew member and she said, yeah, they're not up yet....what? they did have the numbers up on the decks with staterooms, but none of the other decks..
we won't even talk about the fact that they're gold on gold and impossible for anyone of a certain age to see (the ones that they did manage to get onto the walls)..

oh and should we talk about how filthy the ship was?
they apparently have an extreme shortage of crew..
the only place on the ship that was squeaky clean were the bathrooms..
the rest of the ship? not so much..
there was a clear lack of crew out cleaning..
normally on the ships, you see crew out and about cleaning at all hours.....not on our cruise....
and the result was a dirty 2 week old ship...

yes, the lack of a walk around the ship promenade was also annoying...another design fail...

but my complaints about 2 shows instead of 3 was something they actually could control..
they could have flown in an act as a replacement....real talent performed live on stage....
something we have experienced in the past when a show couldn't be performed for some reason..
DCL flew in a replacement performer...(see my other post)..

Our fear is that DCL is going the way of disney world where value for money is a thing of the past....
i hope not...i hope this was a one time thing....but i'm not sure it was...

they kept saying they'd get back to us, which they didn't, which is why we kept going back to guest services..

i suspect other people were complaining as well as we noticed a change in the movie theater schedule on the last day of the cruise..

there are two movie theaters on the ship: neverland and wonderland i think they're called...
we checked the entire schedule on the first day to see what movie we would all watch together (a tradition for us on the disney ships), but there wasn't one..
they basically showed the same 3 movies alternating between the two theaters: Thor, Dr. strange and a third i don't recall...

on one morning at 8:30 they showed encanto (nassau day), but we couldn't go as we were getting off the ship at 8:30 am..

then on thursday morning (CC day) when i was wandering around the ship with my 3 grandkids waiting for the open house to begin at the kids club, we passed by wonderland and noticed they had added two encanto showings one after the other in the afternoon (that conflicted with the afternoon showing of mermaid)..
but those two showings had been added - they hadn't been in the original schedule, so i assume someone complained about the nonstop showing of thor and the other one (can't remember what it was)..

i heard other people complaining about that...i didn't.....i had bigger fish to fry in the replacing of aladdin with a movie....

we were on a disney ship a few years ago when they had to cancel a show - don't remember why - they flew in a replacement juggler.....he was hilarious....absolutely hilarious....and he had a general show in the theater for everyone and then another show at night for adults (with screamingly funny material)...

The point is disney specially flew in at the last minute a real entertainment act to replace the show that wasn't available...

but on the wish, on our cruise they thought it was ok to replace a major show with a movie..

what worries me is that it seems that DCL is going the way of disney world....

i felt it was important to let them know that it wasn't ok.....

we just got back home yesterday morning after a one month vacation...
i'll eventually get myself together and write to various people within the disney organization..
but i know it's not going to make a difference....they seem to be willing to just get by...
The 3rd movie was lightyear which was actually pretty enjoyable.

DCL is limited with the lack of new releases in theatres and just as many people would be angry if they started showing old films so they can’t win either way

The 3rd movie was lightyear which was actually pretty enjoyable.

DCL is limited with the lack of new releases in theatres and just as many people would be angry if they started showing old films so they can’t win either way
last ship we were on before this one was the magic where they showed lots of old movies mixed together with newer ones...
the old movie showings were just as crowded as the new ones..
also they didn't keep repeating the same movie over and over and over and over and over and over throughout the day.....

lots of people were complaining...
again, i didn't complain to guest services about this issue as for me the biggest one was their treatment of passengers with that 3rd show replacement...

given how not ready this ship was for prime time during our cruise, it's clear to me that disney should have offered compensation of some kind..
be it a discount, future cruise credit, on board credit or whatever...
it would have gone a long way to soften the blow...

again, i'm not sure the new cruisers on board were as aware of the shoddy product they were being provided, but the veteran cruisers certainly were and there was a lot of grumbling....
especially among the platinum and gold cruisers...

by the way, i did NOT ask for compensation..
i just wanted them to know that what they did wasn't right...
and i wanted to know who had made the bonehead decision to provide a replacement that wasn't appropriate for small children..
as it happens, my daughter and son in law went to the showing of Thor in the walt disney theater.
she said as soon as that brutal murder occurred, many families with small children got up and left the theater...
apparently, they hadn't been aware of how inappropriate the content is for small children..
after all, the navigator said "good for all ages".....i wonder if any of them complained after exposing their children to something that they would never have done had they known it going in...

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter