Disney website - someone should be fired

I decided to try one more time and this time when I brought up the website I got a pop up to complete a survey. I typed in my rant and then the survey errored out! LOL! I was able to start over and finish it. I couldn't find very many good things to say, except the photos are nice. :)

I decided to try one more time and this time when I brought up the website I got a pop up to complete a survey. I typed in my rant and then the survey errored out! LOL! I was able to start over and finish it. I couldn't find very many good things to say, except the photos are nice. :)

I got a survey today too!

I did online check-in today in case anyone needs to. I just went to www.mydisneyreservation.com

Thanks so much for posting this! I'm checked in now, which was all I wanted to do. I wish they would include that link in the confirmation email. I checked every email Disney sent and the packet that came in snail mail and the only link listed for online checkin was mydisneyvacation.com, which went to the new website.

So.. if anyone needs it:

"The Tech Support team is over the phone and they may be reached at (407) 939-4357 between 7am and 11pm EST every day of the year!"

From my online chat, when the site decided my AP info should be displaying incorrectly. In case anyone else needs to contact them.

I haven't read the entire thread and so far I've only seen failures, but has anybody been able to link their existing resort reservation on the new website? I'm trying to do online checkin and I've tried everything I can think of with no success. I found a cached version of the old reservation page in my browser history, but the links on that page don't work any longer. For those of you who have called Disney, have they been able to do anything to help? I guess I'll just wait and do regular checkin at the resort, but as long as I can't see my reservation I have this small, nagging (probably irrational) fear that it is gone.

I was able to link 2 different hotel reservations and 3 ADRs. I also made 2 new ADRs and cancelled one of my earlier choices. I had virtually no problems with the site. :confused3

On the other hand... the iPad app? Horrible. Crashed 5 times before I completely threw in the towel. I even uninstalled it and tried again from scratch at one point, to no avail. :worried:

Bobo912 said:
Thanks so much for posting this! I'm checked in now, which was all I wanted to do. I wish they would include that link in the confirmation email. I checked every email Disney sent and the packet that came in snail mail and the only link listed for online checkin was mydisneyvacation.com, which went to the new website.

Thanks from me too! Finally, I was able to complete online check in for Wednesday! Woo hoo!

I joke, but seriously, how many times do I have to link my dining reservation? I mean, I have one ADR.

Why wont the new website give ADR times around what you request? I am requesting off times at several different restaurants so I am assuming not all of them only have the same times available.

Why wont the new website give ADR times around what you request? I am requesting off times at several different restaurants so I am assuming not all of them only have the same times available.

I just noticed this too! I selected "breakfast" at Akershus, wanting a 9-ish ressie. It gave me 9:30, 9:40, and 10. So I put in 9:00 and I was offered 8, 8:15, and 8:30. I tried 10:00 and THEN was given the option of going at 9. Very odd!

I messed around with a couple of other restaurants and got the same random results. Almost all my preferred times were available but getting them to come up was all trial and error.

I put in a time of 5:00pm and it was giving me 8:45pm. When I put in "dinner"... It gave me a bunch of time slots from 4:00pm on... Better off not putting in a specific time I guess.

LovinPooh said:
I put in a time of 5:00pm and it was giving me 8:45pm. When I put in "dinner"... It gave me a bunch of time slots from 4:00pm on... Better off not putting in a specific time I guess.

FWIW, the mobile dining one crashes when you search dining for two days from now......

I tried adding my dining reservation from the old site to the new one and once I add it, it doesn't show up in the My Reservations section...

The Places to Stay tab is obviously broken this evening. It just keeps "thinking" without any action. Woe :(

LovinPooh said:

That's often true even on the old site!

Quick question, are they (Disney) going to transfer ressies made on the previous system over eventually, or is the manual transfer the ONLY way?..

The only reason I ask this is because wonderful Microsoft per it's usual once every 2 month weird screw up it does for me has frozen the Hotmail account I use for stuff like that, and now I don't have access to my ADRs TO enter into the wonky new system.. :headache:

Quick question, are they (Disney) going to transfer ressies made on the previous system over eventually, or is the manual transfer the ONLY way?..

That's a good question. Personally I was wondering why in the world they wouldn't have done that in the first place? Why would they make guests re-link. They know there's going to be a deluge on the system as soon as guests can't see their existing reservations. Take the old site down for several hours, half a day, whatever, cut over to the new system including all existing user and reservation data and then re-open for business.

That's a good question. Personally I was wondering why in the world they wouldn't have done that in the first place? Why would they make guests re-link. They know there's going to be a deluge on the system as soon as guests can't see their existing reservations. Take the old site down for several hours, half a day, whatever, cut over to the new system including all existing user and reservation data and then re-open for business.

I don't get it either.. It's not like they don't have all this crud archived so that it can be reconciled... :confused: I mean, for example, when a big hotel chain updates its website they don't have the customers re enter their check in times and reservation numbers... *shrugs

I spent yesterday re-entering all of my ADRs and resort reservation and then last night I canceled a couple of meals and added a new one. This morning I wanted to look again at what I have and the website can't retrieve any of my information. I sure hope they get this all figured out at some point. All of these technical problems are making what is usually a fun experience for me frustrating and a royal pain! I probably wouldn't care so much except that we leave in three weeks!:sad2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter