Disney website - someone should be fired

GeorgiaHoo

DIS Veteran
I'm generally easy going but the debacle that has been the Disney website change is irritating and mind-boggling. Over the last several days I've managed to book a vacation and dining reservations but not without multiple messages stating the server was busy, the website was down or my reservations could not be retrieved, in addition to several phone calls involving lengthy waits and sketchy connections. How can a company as profitable as Disney not test a website before launch and not promptly fix any bugs? I'm assuming Disney doesn't care about their customers' satisfaction.

Im also having problems with the new website. Im trying to make a reservation and its not letting me is says server busy. Agh :mad:

So annoying!!!

It's probably no consolation, but their websites have been notoriously terrible for as long as I can remember-- including the inception of the go.com debacle.

Chances are, though, that your actual trip will go off with far fewer hitches. Have fun.

I'm totally frustrated with it - it's finally time to do online check in - which is a great milestone for any trip :cool1: and the darn site keeps giving me the message that online check in is down try again later. I could just scream! Well not really but I am frustrated. Yes, I know it's not life altering and I can do regular check in when we get there but I like online check in!!

OK vent over...

I made a payment over the phone today and when I had the automated system read me my details it had my dining all wrong. So I had to bother a CM. And she just couldnt understand any of it. I mean think of it in that perspective...how much time CMs are spending on the phone helping people who already have reservations find them and fix thigns instead. Gotta be frustrating to them to say the least.
HATE IT:badpc:

Tried to cancel a dining reservation yesterday and the website was down and every phone number I tried (dining and reservations) were down. Wanted to :badpc: - but I didn't. Disliking this new website!

sometimes it seems to function better when using mozilla

I have been trying all day to access my dining and resort reservations. Even when I manually enter my resort reservation it disappears. I get having a couple of minor bugs to work out, but the whole thing is a mess. I hope it gets figured out soon. I did notice that now you should be able to do online check in 60 days out. Can anyone confirm that? (not that it matters if the site isn't working!)

Disney web sites have always been horrid and this one is no exception. :crazy2::badpc::crazy2:

I was looking at rooms for a potential upcoming stay - it wouldn't just show me what was available or give me an alternate offer to the resort I wanted that was sold out, I had to look at each resort individually. :headache:

If they don't improve the web site I will probably book our next trip through a TA.

It has been a nightmare. A multi billion dollar website goes live with something like this, and an inability for the old site to work, too? Inexcusable. All my dining reservations are inaccessible. They "can't find them" or the phone number doesn't match.. which is funny, since all those reservations were listed on my account on the last website. I am livid- I leave in 14 days, and wanted to finalize/change some reservations!

The crazy thing is they have never been able to provide the kind of website that they have the resources and money to provide. Disney should definitely be embarrassed by it and someone should be held responsible for the decisions made.

It's always been bad. I went on 2 trips last year and it was a toss up what I was actually going to be able to access on any given day. But today? Today takes the cake. I have to make a change to my reservation and would like to do so before the stupid code I am trying to use expires. I can't even get a Disney website today. Nope. Just an error page:crazy2:

So I get the fun of calling over and over and over for all this stuff.. which wouldn't even be so bad if it wasn't all with long distance charges from Canada. I bought a prepaid card for my cell to call the States and reduce the charges. And yep.. I only use it for calling Disney. I should have a direct line by this point:rotfl:

Yep. Their websites have always left A LOT to be desired. Even if there aren't server issues, people can find better information about the parks & resorts at other 3rd party sites. That alone should embarrass Disney.

I've been annoyed with the new site because it's not letting me link my reservation with my account. I'd like to make my ADRs online in a few months, but unless they fix things I have little confidence in the system.

After having so much issue in not being able to link room reservations I e-mailed Disney, who then told me to call internet support because since I could not even access the old site I am one of the few testing the new site. Hogwash! WE ALL are testing the new site, so how could I be one of the few?:confused3

Disney tech support said that supposedly all issues will be fixed by the beginning of next week. :rotfl2:

I am sure if I call again next Wednesday for the same issue (and I am sure I will be having the same issue ) I have a feeling I will get the same answer " the system will be fixed at the beginning of next week":furious:

It's not the site so much, but the infrastructure its running on, it's obviously severely undersized and needs a complete refresh, which of course takes money and like any other large corporation, it's never easy to get approval for the money needed on improvements that don't have a direct link to profit. Even though we, and any sensible person, know that the website does impact customer experience, that doesn't translate directly to lost revenue, since we all still take our trips.

Hopefully they eventually wake up and fix it, because I agree, it's totally crap and really unacceptable for a company, who otherwise, prides themselves on customer service.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter