Disney website - someone should be fired

OP I was going to say that suggesting someone get fired especially in this economy is kind of harsh. That was an hour ago before I tried the new website. Now I'm thinking there's probably several people that should get canned.

I cannot retrieve any of my dining or resort reservations, the thing keeps redirecting me to create an account even though I've had one for the past 10 years. When I fill in the account info it tells me I already have an account. It's a perpetual loop of aggravation! It's like being in the total dark about your vacations plans-you don't know if they are even still out there? What a piece of junk. :(

Yeah.............I'm not worried about that whole NextGen thing at all! :rolleyes1

Why, Why did they have to change????????????????:scared1:. Its awful. I will not be booking my trip until next month, but i visit the site often to see price comparison and any specials that they might offer. Why do company's insist on doing this?, it makes no sense to me. I would of rather they used the money that they use on the new website, and gave us a better deal on resort prices.

The website is driving me batty. I honestly don't even care about entering in all my ADRs and reservation info... but it won't even take it when I do!

I'm a patient person, and didn't jump the gun on the website bashing when it first rolled out knowing there would be bugs, but we're going on a month here! If Disney can't get it done internally, they need to outsource elsewhere and fix this.

If it is really that bad, spend your money elsewhere.

Doesn't even make sense in this conversation :rolleyes2

some things I like about it some things I do not. I do not like that I have to have the names of all guest in order to confirm a dining res.. so I just put Jane/John Doe in just to get it in....ugh!!
I cannot have more than one room in cart!
I liked old system where I could save more than one type of room at the same time °o°princess:

Spending your money else where is not the point and besides, the Mouse will not let us:banana: LOL. Its just basic thought into what the customers want,needs, and comfort level. I could see if the web site was not making money,or that was the reason, but to change it up like they did, just made no sense.
I guess in time we will make it work, Disney will fix the kinks, but really do we need to go through this much frustration in our lives to get Home?.:confused3

AlixaLock said:
I'm one of those for whom it seems to be working ... so I actually think it's pretty nifty. The itinerary function is convenient and all the dining changes I made sync-ed to the mobile app. I was also able to "friend" my husband so both his and my mobile app are connected to the same plan. Handy since he can never remember our plans for the day!

Nifty, definitely, but not earth shattering. I can see, however, how it might be a good precursor to the rumored Fast Pass+ that may or may not be coming down the pike. Of course, it will actually have to start working for most people for that to happen.

I really feel for everyone trying to access reservations etc ... This is not the way to roll out a new product.

Edited to add: I'm using Safari if it helps ...

I too have had very little troubles while using the site on safari, and I like the new mobile app. However, I've tried to "invite" family I'm traveling with, and none of them can get it to work. It's kinda like being invited to stay at someone's house while it's still under construction. Oh, it'll probably be awesome when its done, but why do you want me to stay here when there's no electricity or running water?

FWIW, I just spent an hour on it poking around -- did my account update, and priced a few room-only and package proposals, and it all seemed to work with only minor glitches... Using Firefox 17.0.1 on Win 7...

aaarcher86 said:
The website is driving me batty. I honestly don't even care about entering in all my ADRs and reservation info... but it won't even take it when I do!

I'm a patient person, and didn't jump the gun on the website bashing when it first rolled out knowing there would be bugs, but we're going on a month here! If Disney can't get it done internally, they need to outsource elsewhere and fix this.

Doesn't even make sense in this conversation :rolleyes2

It makes perfect sense in any customer service conversation, if you don't like the service spend your money elsewhere. I work in the industry for a company larger than Disney and the quickest way for a consumer to get change from a company is to affect their profits, not complain. In this case the squeaky wheel does not get the grease!

seadd67 said:
Spending your money else where is not the point and besides, the Mouse will not let us:banana: LOL. Its just basic thought into what the customers want,needs, and comfort level. I could see if the web site was not making money,or that was the reason, but to change it up like they did, just made no sense.
I guess in time we will make it work, Disney will fix the kinks, but really do we need to go through this much frustration in our lives to get Home?.:confused3

Yes it is the point, it is my point!

I know the website is usually bad, but this is just plain ridiculous. I haven't been able to relink my reservations since the "update" they did back before Thanksgiving. I tried to make two payments since then, but I can't because I can't get to my reservation. Then I call to make one over the phone and get the run around. I finally gave up and am hoping to just make my final payment today. But, I also need to add my DME now that we booked flights, but that isn't working either. This is so frustrating!!

Allowing this new site to go live was definitely a mistake. Our trip is in two weeks. I haven't been able to link the package reservation from day one. None of my dining reservations show up on the site, either. When I called Disney, they told me they're 'working on it' and that was that.

The only thing I CAN do on the website is make NEW ADRs, but half the time the system, for some reason, kicks me off for being 'idle', AFTER I enter all my information and only moments after logging in. :laughing:

I use firefox on win7 too, btw. It's not a browser issue. It's a "holy cow was this site NOT ready for public use!" issue. :laughing:

Reservation Detail

Reservation for 1 Guests on Friday Jan 4, 2013
Cape May Cafe
7:45 PM - Dinner
Disney's Beach Club Resort

Your Dining Party
Andrew

Disney Dining Plans Accepted
When you book a Disney vacation, you may opt to purchase a Magic Your Way Vacation Package that includes one of our Disney Dining Plans. Each Dining Plan provides a set of entitlements you can redeem at select Walt Disney World dining locations.
Learn More About Disney Dining Plans.
Refer to your specific Disney Dining Plan for the number of entitlements required per person for this location.
2011 Disney Dining Plans Entitlements Required
Breakfast Lunch Dinner
Quick Service - - -
Dining 1 1 -
Deluxe Dining 1 1 -
Premium Dining 1 1 -
Platinum Dining 1 1 -

I just booked a reservation at Cape May for next Friday night and pasted above is the email I got from Disney confirming. Notice they sent me the entitlements needed for 2011

So if I no longer have the dining confirmation numbers, does that mean the reservation no longer exists?
Also, has anyone been able to book an AP room and dining package on the site? I can't seem to find the passholder deals.

Thanks

So if I no longer have the dining confirmation numbers, does that mean the reservation no longer exists?
Also, has anyone been able to book an AP room and dining package on the site? I can't seem to find the passholder deals.

Thanks

Did you get an email when you made the ADR? Your reservation number is in that email as well...

larryz said:
Did you get an email when you made the ADR? Your reservation number is in that email as well...

This is what I did. Now everything except my hotel reservation is in there.

I am kinda glad I am not the only one having issues! I have been trying for a week to pay off our trip. The website says I don't have the valid information entered although I am entering the information as it is printed on the confirmation letter I was sent when I booked. I have called several times but had to disconnect due to being on hold for over 30 minutes each time.

I have never had problems with the website until now. It is so frustrating! :headache:

Wanted to print out my hotel reservations(split stay) and dinning reservations so I would have them all on one piece of paper. NOPE it said I had first reservation but not second so DH called and they said we have them she doesn't know why it won't retrieve for us. Oh well I'm sure all will be fine but I agree with a company like Disney they should have an excellent website.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter