Disney visitor collapses on water-park ride, dies

I guess nobody got the point of my post. Things that happen at Disney get extra media attention--including lots of free positive publicity for Disney. There's hardly a vast media conspiracy against Disney.

People use the word Disney to position themselves for law suits.....just an opinion.
I guess they were really stupid to tell the company the man had a pre-existing heart condition.

Any reason to think this family is doing this? The story cites theme park officials as the source, not the family (as with the Tigger incident).

There's hardly a vast media conspiracy against Disney.

Haha well I'm not suggesting that; I'm simply saying that articles like these obviously take subtle jabs at the Disney reputation... The overall tone is rooted in blame, and the author achieves this in a very "man-bites-dog" journalistic fashion.

I guess they were really stupid to tell the company the man had a pre-existing heart condition.

Any reason to think this family is doing this? The story cites theme park officials as the source, not the family (as with the Tigger incident).

"The source?" Do you believe all that is in print?:confused3

The fact is, the article is very balanced. It provided the info on the slide because there is no conclusive medical evidence about what happened. But it also includes info that indicates there is no correlation, and cites past examples where there was no correlation.

Thanks for your comments raidermatt, I can see where you are coming from, but we'll just have to agree to dissagree. While I understand that this event may be newsworthy (as I said before, the fact that incidents like this are rare, and that Disney is supposed to be a "happy place" makes it worth noting) I think that the whole point of the article is to sensationalize something that need not be a big deal (except, of course, to the families involved).

Thanks for your input, and I only hope that the majority of the public views this story the way that you do.

"The source?" Do you believe all that is in print?:confused3
What does that have to do with anything? I don't have to "believe" anything to note that the story referred to statements from theme park officials, not the family. And the family apparently told Disney that the man had a pre-existing heart condition. So there's no reason at all to believe that the family is using the media here to set up a lawsuit.

Haha well I'm not suggesting that; I'm simply saying that articles like these obviously take subtle jabs at the Disney reputation... The overall tone is rooted in blame, and the author achieves this in a very "man-bites-dog" journalistic fashion.
If that's the case, then the writer did a horrible job of jabbing Disney, since the article clearly discloses the pre-existing conditions and such. A poor attempt at a hatchet job.

Exactly, if this was out to get Disney, he makes Dr. Evil look like Einstein.

DannyDisneyFreak said:
He was walking up stairs! The info provided about the slide is irrevelant.
Uh, no. Unlike the movies, not all deaths are instantaneous.

ASilmser said:
Thanks for your input, and I only hope that the majority of the public views this story the way that you do.
Thank you as well. As for what the majority of the public thinks, I can pretty much guarantee the majority know nothing about it. Given the lack of any outcry against Disney over the weekend, its pretty safe to assume those that did read it didn't come away thinking WDW is now a death trap.

that's it, from now on there will be a registered nurse to give a full physical to anyone who ventures onto Disney property (of course that might not be a bad thing depending what the nurse looks like :cool1: )

I am surprised there are not more heart attacks at the water parks. There are a lot of stairs at Blizzard beach. I am in great shape and I got seriously winded when I ran up to the top of Summit Plummet. Over the course of a day at Blizzard beach, there is a lot of stair climbing.

How sad for his family...

I don't like it how it's phrased in the article saying that it is the 10th death at Disney since 2004. Everyone who passed away there, though tragic, died of a pre-exisiting condition.

I guess the media will always enjoy putting Disney down. :confused3

This is the only way that the story will get world wide attention. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter