Disney Visa Card special offer for new ABD River cruise reservations

sayhello

Have Camera, Will Travel
I just noticed this offer on the Disney Visa Rewards website. I totally wish it had been available when I booked my Rhone River cruise!

https://disneyrewards.com/offers/embark-on-a-disney-river-cruise-in-europe/

Adventures by Disney® Offer
Embark on a European River Cruise!
disney_river_cruise_in_europe.png

Cardmember exclusive: receive free pre-night or post-night hotel room when you book select river cruises with Adventures by Disney®(1
Explore magnificent European destinations as you sail along the Danube, Rhine, Seine or Rhone Rovers with Adventures by Disney®. Now offering family and adult-exclusive (age 18+) sailings.
Book a 2020 Adventures by Disney® river cruise now through October 15, 2019 and enjoy $400 off per person (or $800 off per stateroom with double occupancy required)1 on select staterooms excluding: 9/26/20 and 12/19/20 for Danube sailings and 6/14/20, 6/28/20 and 8/9/20 for Rhine sailings.
Must mention this offer and use your Disney® Visa® Card to pay the deposit to receive your Cardmember-exclusive free pre-night or post-night hotel room with your Adventures by Disney® river cruise.1
Call 866-383-4763
Your all-inclusive river cruise adventure includes:
  • Extraordinary excursions led by our expert Adventure Guides
  • All meals included, including traditional local cuisine
  • Luxury accommodations and services
  • Hands-on experiences and activities for adults, teens and kids
Adventures by Disney logo

1) $400 per person discount is taken from the non-discounted prevailing river cruise rate as quoted on AdventuresByDisney.com for the applicable departure date on the date of booking (“Regular Rate”). Savings of $800 off the Regular Rate per stateroom (with double occupancy required) is based on the combined savings of a party of two when booked on the same trip in the same stateroom qualifying for $400 off the Regular Rate per person under this offer. Regular Rates vary by departure date and time of booking and are subject to change. Regular Rates are based on double occupancy. All Guest names required at time of booking. Courtesy holds will not be accepted without compliance with standard payment terms. Offer valid for Adventures by Disney river cruise sailings departing in 2020, except the September 26, 2020 Danube, December 19, 2020 Danube, June 14, 2020 Rhine, June 28, 2020 Rhine, and August 9, 2020 sailings. Offer valid on a limited number of select staterooms and stateroom categories (note that suites and category E & AP staterooms are excluded). The AdventuresByDisney.com website is not updated in real time; availability is subject to confirmation at the time of booking with Adventures by Disney. Bookings are subject to availability. Disney Visa Cardmember must travel on the river cruise package booked. Discount not applicable towards deposit. Valid on new bookings only. Disney Visa Cardmembers who book a qualifying Adventures by Disney river cruise package will receive one (1) free pre- or post-stay hotel night immediately preceding or proceeding, respectively, the river cruise in one standard hotel room (per stateroom booked) at a hotel in Budapest for Danube sailings, Basel for Rhine sailings, Paris for Seine sailings, and Lyon for Rhone sailings. Must mention the offer when booking and use a valid Disney Visa Card to pay the deposit. Hotel incidental charges are not included. Hotel room night must be used in conjunction with travel on the purchased eligible river cruise package. If the river cruise departure is canceled for any reason, the hotel room night will be canceled without further obligation to guest. Offer is not transferable or redeemable for cash in whole or in part and cannot be sold or transferred for commercial use. Cannot be combined with any other offers, discounts or promotions. Void where prohibited. Offer is subject to change without notice. Offer available to U.S. and Canada residents only. Bookings subject to restrictions and Adventures by Disney’s standard terms and conditions.
Adventures by Disney Travel Services, Inc.
CST#2082519-20

Thanks for sharing this. I would not have thought to check for Visa special offers. It’s been so long since they had a good one.

Holy cow. I've been underwhelmed with the Disney Visa rewards but this is a stellar perk!

Wow, that's actually a great deal for Disney Visa. We've had it "sockdrawered" forever, since it's a pretty lousy card rewards-wise. But I'd definitely consider pulling it out if we had any interest on one of the river cruises. Wonder if you can use it if you use a TA. I'm too lazy to look up the category staterooms that are excluded, but nice to see a good deal from them. It's a nice way for Disney to essentially extend the EB discount. Would be nice if they extend it to other trips.

Wow, that's actually a great deal for Disney Visa. We've had it "sockdrawered" forever, since it's a pretty lousy card rewards-wise. But I'd definitely consider pulling it out if we had any interest on one of the river cruises. Wonder if you can use it if you use a TA. I'm too lazy to look up the category staterooms that are excluded, but nice to see a good deal from them. It's a nice way for Disney to essentially extend the EB discount. Would be nice if they extend it to other trips.
The excluded staterooms are Suites (Category STE), Category E (which are the lower deck, least expensive cabins generally used by the Adventure Guides), and Category AP (which I haven't seen on any of the ships I've looked at). Category A's are the next categories under STE.

I would assume it would work through a TA as long as you told the TA to use your Disney Visa and to tell ABD that you want to use this deal.

Sayhello

The excluded staterooms are Suites (Category STE), Category E (which are the lower deck, least expensive cabins generally used by the Adventure Guides), and Category AP (which I haven't seen on any of the ships I've looked at). Category A's are the next categories under STE.

I would assume it would work through a TA as long as you told the TA to use your Disney Visa and to tell ABD that you want to use this deal.

Sayhello
Thanks for the info (and for supporting my laziness, LOL). I hope someone here is able to take advantage of it!

Dang! I just booked yesterday. I guess I should call and see if they can apply this to my reservation after the fact.

Dang! I just booked yesterday. I guess I should call and see if they can apply this to my reservation after the fact.

If it's just the day after you can always cancel and rebook if needed. You have 14 days penalty free. The prices shouldn't have gone up, so you should be golden.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!