Disney Visa 5X'x bonus offer

My flyer said 5X and listed no categories or minimum purchase. :cool1:

I get my bill last month, and it says 3x rewards, and the amount makes no sense, it doesn't even equal 3x. I called and they told me the 5x would show up in October. Then I read here, people are receiving the 5X right away.

I called again and they are supposed to be researching it. I'm not happy, this is the first time I've ever had any extra that I've been offered.

I had to spend $750 each month before I got the 5x and did not receive any bonus points right away. This month I got 46 bonus and it doesn't make any sense.

It just upset me that they said it was a misprint and that something else was sent out. :confused:

I also got the 3x bonus on my statement. I called and they said that was an earlier promotion - not the 5x one. They also said the 5x bonus will show up in October or November. I was happy that I got an earlier bonus for a promotion I didn't even remember!

That is great news for you!

I'm still at a loss as why they told me the 5x was a misprint. Sounds strange to me. I emailed them and I am awaiting a response. I will be so happy if they tell me what they told you!!!!

This whole promo is really weird! I have never received any of these offers until the July-Sept one came out for 5x. My offer was groceries, gas, restaurants and airfare for the $750 threshold. Well, I know I'd never make that but I signed up anyways.

Then I get my statement a week ago and it says I've got an extra $49 dollars for a triple bonus offer. Well, I've never received any other offer so I couldn't have just forgotten about it!!

I have no idea where this additional $49 comes from but I'm a happy camper!! We go to DL in just 3 weeks and we will definitely use it!

It does seems strange, seeing some gets their bonus points right away and others get them months later.

I wish that the customer service reps would all have the same response though because each time I called I got a different answer as to why. :confused:

This whole promo is really weird! I have never received any of these offers until the July-Sept one came out for 5x. My offer was groceries, gas, restaurants and airfare for the $750 threshold. Well, I know I'd never make that but I signed up anyways.

Then I get my statement a week ago and it says I've got an extra $49 dollars for a triple bonus offer. Well, I've never received any other offer so I couldn't have just forgotten about it!!

I have no idea where this additional $49 comes from but I'm a happy camper!! We go to DL in just 3 weeks and we will definitely use it!

Hope I get one on Fri when my stmt cycles! I have been receiving my 5X bonus the month after the actual month ends (actually the additional 4xs, I receive the actual regual Disney Dollars like normal)

I just received a message from customer service saying I did get an additional 4% and that the 2% was a typo. It still doesn't add up though.

I give up!

Also, with the 5x promo, even though it's typically on gas & groceries, most gas and grocery purchases are classified as "other purchase" by Disney for classification purposes. It has to do with the way the business is recognized by Disney. I learned this the hard way, charging all of our gas and groceries to my card and wondering why I wasn't racking up the points to go with the purchases.

Even though Giant Eagle is listed as "other" on my statement, I always got the bonus points for it.

Crud.

My trip is in early October and I really thought my bonus rewards would be on the statement that closes in just a few days and I could use them for our trip in 3 weeks.

I also got some extra dollars last month that were labeled extra 2% even tho my offer stated 5x bonus like has been previously mentioned. I wondered if this was due to a typo , but figured any extra was great for our trip.

Guess I'll use any forthcoming bonus $'s for Christmas gifts after we come back.

I just received a message from customer service saying I did get an additional 4% and that the 2% was a typo. It still doesn't add up though.

I give up!

Don't forget that the regular DD are earned as you receive your statement. The extra 4xs is earned on the ACTUAL month not your statement cycle. It's a pain to figures out. Hope this helps.

I am figuring that something isn't counting toward the promo. But in the 3 months I spent over $2000 in gas, groceries and dining but didn't get the 5x points for all of it.

I guess I'll take what they gave me but I certainly wouldn't have put it all on the card if I knew somethings wouldn't count.

I had also called to make sure Publix and BP gas counted, since thats where we shop.

Thanks for all your replies!

I am figuring that something isn't counting toward the promo. But in the 3 months I spent over $2000 in gas, groceries and dining but didn't get the 5x points for all of it.

I guess I'll take what they gave me but I certainly wouldn't have put it all on the card if I knew somethings wouldn't count.

I had also called to make sure Publix and BP gas counted, since thats where we shop.

Thanks for all your replies!
You have to meet your threshold each month. Most have one ranging from 250-even 1000 per month.

We met our threshold each month. We had to meet $750 on all our expenses which we well exceeded each month.

Who knows, maybe I will try calling them again tonight. ;)

We met our threshold each month. We had to meet $750 on all our expenses which we well exceeded each month.

Who knows, maybe I will try calling them again tonight. ;)

You know that the bonus is only on the amout over the threshold. You just earn regular $ on the threshold amt.

I have had these promotions in the past and have earned the correct amounts. This time its all over the place.

They have told me that it was a misprint on the statement and instead of the additional 2% it should have said 4% and instead of 3x it should have said 5x.

I still did not get the right credit on the qualifying purchases so I will call tonight and ask what grocery store, gas, and dining places did not qualify.

I guess any extra disney money is better than none! :)

I have had these promotions in the past and have earned the correct amounts. This time its all over the place.

They have told me that it was a misprint on the statement and instead of the additional 2% it should have said 4% and instead of 3x it should have said 5x.

I still did not get the right credit on the qualifying purchases so I will call tonight and ask what grocery store, gas, and dining places did not qualify.

I guess any extra disney money is better than none! :)

Good luck with your call. I, knock on wood, have received correct bonus amounts so far. I will know again on Fri if August was right!

I'm sure it won't do any good, but atleast I will know what I am counting as qualifying and what isn't qualifying. :)

Ok so I called and spoke to the rewards department. They told me the responses I received were incorrect and that their department was the only one who knew about the promotions and that they should have checked with them before sending out the email.

She told me they have not even started to work on the 5x promotion from July-September, and that the bonus $ I received are from a previous promotion from January or April...:confused3 :cool1:

Sooo she said I should see these bonus points from the 5x promotion in my November or December statement.

Crazy stuff! So we will see if this information is correct and if it is then I am happy! :)

If the dollars were posted on your Aug statement, they were for July. Remember the offer for the bonus dollars is the actual month not your statement month date. July 1-31 bonus will be on the Aug stmt. (the additional 4 times bonus) You earn the regular Disney Dollars as your statement cycles. It's confusing, but I did figure mine out during the Apr to June offer and verified this with Disney Visa.

Actually the bonus awards dont get posted to the account until the promotion period is over. So if the promo period is from June -Sept all the awards will be posted after the end of Sept

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter