Disney Visa 5X'x bonus offer

We had a fun bonus for this one. I got a "sign up for bonus points" message (I thought it was 5x's but it looks like they just credited me 3x's-no complaints here 'though).

Anyway, it was on all gas purchases over $750.00/month (with a cap on the amount you could receive). There was no way we could have qualified for that but I signed up anyway. Well...we moved and put our move on our Disney Visa. They billed the whole $7700.00 as "gas". WooHOO! How fun is that?

I signed up for the 5X July -Sept offer 250.00 each category and received bonus points on my last statement.

Even though Giant Eagle is listed as "other" on my statement, I always got the bonus points for it.

The fine print states that they do not use the categories on your bill to determine which purchases are what type for bonus rewards. It's some super-secret thing they do that they will not explain. So, even if it says "groceries" on your bill it still might not count (or vice versa).

As a data point, I signed up for the July-Sept 5x bonus on gas, restaurants, groceries and something else for purchases over $750 in a month. It says I will not receive the bonus until 6 weeks after the 30th of december (the dates are calendar-based and not cycle-based).

I'm surprised they have so many different promotions and criteria. :confused3 It's no wonder when someone calls they get a different answer each time!

Mine said it was for July-Sept for restaurants, gas, groceries and airlines. But the threshold was $1000. There was no way I would spend over $1000 for EACH of those EACH month, :eek: but like others, I signed up anyway. So far, I've received NOTHING!:sad1: The fine print on mine did state that rewards would be posted 6 weeks after the promotion ended. So, we'll see what happens!

Throw me some pixie dust please!!!!:rolleyes1

If you already have an active rewards card, new dollars you transfer should be immediately available.

We leave 11/14. So I should order my rewards card now, and if my 5X rewards don't show up online till, say, 11/13 I can transfer them and still have them to use 11/15?

I was waiting for everything to post but I don't want to not have my card arrive in time!

I had some 3X bonus show up too, that was nice. I thought that was all I was getting, but if I get some 5X after September's over, even better! I had airfare over $250 offer and charged $1400 for our SW tickets :)

We leave 11/14. So I should order my rewards card now, and if my 5X rewards don't show up online till, say, 11/13 I can transfer them and still have them to use 11/15?

Yes, don't wait. To transfer additional rewards dollars to your card, it's a simple phone call, or else you can do it online - that's where I've done it before. Really easy. But, the important thing is to have the card in your hand before your trip.

I received my statement today and it says it is triple rewards. So I called and they told me the 5x rewards was a misprint and something else was sent out saying it was only 3x rewards??????

Did anyone else get 3x instead of 5x or receive any communication?

Yep the same exact thing happened to me. My promo was for July, August & Sept.

I received 1% points on July statement & 3% points on August statement. I called and was told the 5% points will show up after the Sept statement. No idea what the 3% points are from though.

When I had the 5X in the spring, I put a lot on the charge card. Gas, Groceries and airline tickets.
I thought I had a bonanza going at 5X.
What I didn't realize was the fine print stated that you can earn 5X bonus Disney Dollars WITH A CAP AT $100.00 total for the entire promotion!!
I was miffed but I took the $100.00 bonus hapily but next time wont bother and I'll just collect miles on my other cc.

I'm surprised they have so many different promotions and criteria. :confused3 It's no wonder when someone calls they get a different answer each time!

Mine said it was for July-Sept for restaurants, gas, groceries and airlines. But the threshold was $1000. There was no way I would spend over $1000 for EACH of those EACH month, :eek: but like others, I signed up anyway. So far, I've received NOTHING!:sad1: The fine print on mine did state that rewards would be posted 6 weeks after the promotion ended. So, we'll see what happens!

Throw me some pixie dust please!!!!:rolleyes1

I thought it was $1000 total, not $1000 each. So in one month, if I spend $500 on gas and $600 on groceries, then that gets me to $1100 which is over the threshold.

I thought it was $1000 total, not $1000 each. So in one month, if I spend $500 on gas and $600 on groceries, then that gets me to $1100 which is over the threshold.

You are right. It's $1000 total on those catergories total. You don't have to spend $1000 on gas $1000 on airfare, and $1000 on groceries or whatever.

We have gotten all of these offers but our spending thing is always insane (usually $1000). Anyway, this time we got the "Oct-December" one and it was for gas...no spending limit :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: ...We are charging all our gas from now until Christmas! We'll just pay off the total every week!

Just received a mailing today for 5X for "eligible" GAS only october november and december.
It then says it is for "retail establishments that classify their merchant locations for Visa as a gas station."
There is NO spending limit but rewards cannot go over 100.00 (meaning you spent $2500 )

SO QUESTION IS......WHAT the heck are they talking about with the gas stations????? Its not just ANY gas station but retailers, like WHERE cause it says no warehouse or superstores count.

I have NO IDEA where to take advantage of this at all! I'm on LI, NY if ANYONE knows!!!

Just received a mailing today for 5X for "eligible" GAS only october november and december.
It then says it is for "retail establishments that classify their merchant locations for Visa as a gas station."
There is NO spending limit but rewards cannot go over 100.00 (meaning you spent $2500 )

SO QUESTION IS......WHAT the heck are they talking about with the gas stations????? Its not just ANY gas station but retailers, like WHERE cause it says no warehouse or superstores count.

I have NO IDEA where to take advantage of this at all! I'm on LI, NY if ANYONE knows!!!

You can't go to BJs Wholesale Club/ Sam's Club or a gas station attached to a grocery store and get the points. You have to go to a "real" gas station.

You can't go to BJs Wholesale Club/ Sam's Club or a gas station attached to a grocery store and get the points. You have to go to a "real" gas station.

So its ANY gas station?????

If thats the case, thats GREAT!!! I just signed up and can't wait to start "adding up"

Thx!!

i just got mine to spend $750 on gas, groceries and airfare. i buy my groceries at target and BJs so now way i can meet this threshold, so not good for me.

Once again, I didn't receive this offer. UGH. I have been a cardholder since DAY 1, and have NEVER EVER received the bonus points offer. I am happy for all of you who DO get these offers :banana: but I'm still sad in my 1% world over here. :sad2:

I even call every once in a while to see if I can get a promo and that hasn't worked out for me either.

Someone send me some bonus pixie dust, would ya? :wizard:

I have 2 disney credit cards, member since day 1 and never received anything until now and this last week I received 2 fliers for both of my cards but each one is different - one is for utilities and telecommunications and the other offer is for dining, gas, airlines and groceries

My DH who has only had a card for a short time got an 5x offer this summer for groceries - so we just bought the grocery store gift cards and it worked just fine and we can use the gift cards whenever

I have 2 disney credit cards, member since day 1 and never received anything until now and this last week I received 2 fliers for both of my cards but each one is different - one is for utilities and telecommunications and the other offer is for dining, gas, airlines and groceries

My DH who has only had a card for a short time got an 5x offer this summer for groceries - so we just bought the grocery store gift cards and it worked just fine and we can use the gift cards whenever

Oooh, buying grocery store gift cards is a great idea! :thumbsup2

I had to take a last minute business trip to NYC. The plane ticket was almost $700 which of course I put on my Disney Visa (will get reimbursed later). So now I'm sure I'll have no problem meeting my $1000 threshold for October.

Question: My offer has a limit of 100 bonus points which is $2500 of extra spending. It sounds like the limit means that over the 3 month period (Oct-Dec), I can only earn 100 points total. Is that right? Or is it a limit of 100 points per month, so it's possible to earn 300 extra points if I max it out for each month?

Question: My offer has a limit of 100 bonus points which is $2500 of extra spending. It sounds like the limit means that over the 3 month period (Oct-Dec), I can only earn 100 points total. Is that right? Or is it a limit of 100 points per month, so it's possible to earn 300 extra points if I max it out for each month?

I think it 100 total for the 3 month period

I just got my offer via e-mail. Usually the amount they give me is outrageous. I have not signed up before but since I already spent over the required amount this time on airfare alone for this month, I figured why not !

I'm doing the 5x's bonus.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter