Disney Video

Hey...I was just at my planning session on Friday. I had read this post, so I was asking if other shots were possible with the 3 cameras in place. I expressed my concerns about not getting other moments...they mentioned that I could have a roamer with a camera at no extra charge. This was from my planner, so I'm assuming he knows. I'm going to double check with the videography people. This is really a hard decision. I keep hearing so many different things that sway me one way or the other. Hope this helps!!!

Editing for this: I'm having a custom wedding...not sure if that factors into the roamer being at no charge or not.

That helps alot. Hopefully this is possible for my wedding as well, because it will make me feel that everything is under control. Thanks so much :)

Glass Slipper said:
Did you also have the "roamer" in the Pavilion. I have been told that you have the 3 steady cameras that are set up and can also have a person walking around to get extra shots, close ups and such. I'm trying to decide which service to go with. This is a really hard decision.

I was not given that option--but maybe that was my fault because I purchased the video option so late in the game:(

i need to stick with Disney too otherwise i will not meet my minimums but now i am getting a little concerned about the videography! does anyone have a sample or some of theirs i could see so that i can see what im likely to get?

One thing to keep in mind: If the cameras you are offered are truly static or "locked down" (no pan/tilt, zoom, etc) then the odds of them missing something are greatly increased. You can think of it this way -- if you don't stand exactly on a predetermined spot, the camera can't frame up the shot and it's going to look ... :sad2: If the cameras are remotely controlled with full pan/tilt, zoom, focus than there's a much better chance of following along -- but quick "off script" moments will test the limits of your technical director. :eek: Any time you can incorporate physically manned cameras you greatly increase the ability to be flexable -- the cameramen are there watching through the viewfinder and will "follow the ball" (to use a sports analogy). Always insure the cameras or feeds are iso-recorded (each camera records the whole service). While they may try to switch the event live, having iso recorded cameras enables them to go to post-production with a hope of fixing any boo-boos and add the cut-aways any roving camera(s) may offer. Also keep in mind that for the roving camera to get some of these cut-aways, they'll be rather noticable to your guests. Sorry, but it's impossible to get some shots without actually being there :wave2:

Lastly, and I think most importantly -- see if you can get a little one-on-one time with your Director a few days before the ceremony to ensure you're all on the same page. Tell him what you hope to see, and listen to what he has to offer...

Servants of Evan

I was sent a survey request from the Wishbook people, having signed up there a couple of months ago. Anyway, with this thread in mind, I completed the survey and gave a rating of "poor" to videography on Codie's behalf. I knew this would require comments on my part and it did. I commented that on a forum I visit that Disney has a fairly bad rep for not being able to catch the special moments especially the spontaneous kind. So, the word is out to Disney that way!

The roamer camera sounds like a great option and no it is not your fault, Jessica. It is bad luck that there wasn't more prep time for that part.

WithDisneySpirit--what a perfectly picked name for you!!! Thank you for your kind words and for putting in a word for me!! Hopefully they will sort of "fix" my video to include some more special moments...My parents watched it last night and thought that, although they definitely missed a lot of key points (my mom giving me away, my dad putting on his robe, and the presentation of the presentation roses were their complaints other than missing dh's reaction) and there was a lot of dead time (staring at closed doors or empty altar), overall it was a really nicely produced piece.

Well, I really hope Disney goes an extra mile or "ten" for y'all because there really was a lot that they missed. Let us know how the revised one looks :goodvibes :wizard: :sunny:

Wanted to give everyone an update. In response to my call and then an outline of all the "scripted" items that Disney had missed and the moments that we just had thought it was part of their job to catch (like my dad telling the guy, come on you gotta get this and the guy telling him no). We arrived home on Wednesday night (two months after we first called and expressed our dissatisfaction AND just in time for all the women of my dh's family to come over to "teach" me how to cook turkey) to find in the door a FedEx box. The FedEx box had in it two dvd boxes. One was a "revised" wedding video. (It basically has more volume in it of people talking and shows less empty altar and doors during the ceremony with more crowd pictures but didn't find any of the missed items--like my mom giving me away or my sister putting on my father's judicial robe). The second dvd box housed two dvd's containing all raw footage and all three angles of the wp's cameras. We've not had an opportunity to view the raw footage yet. The strangest thing to me, and primarily because I THINK that I am dealing with Disney here, is that there was nothing else in the box. No communication whatsoever. No explanation. We also had not received any email communication that these would be coming. It was very nice of them to send them to us. It makes me slightly happier--I wouldn't say 100% happy. I still wish I had it to do over again so I could use STVS or someone who really cared about capturing my event forever, but what's done is done. I feel that I should thank them for sending the raw footage, but yet, I just don't know. I guess they feel that sending us the raw footage makes up for everything that they failed to do, so I'm just leaving it at that. So anway...I guess if Disney thinks it is resolved, so shall I:) princess:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter