Disney Very Merriest After Hours Party just announced!

People said that the phone lines "opened" for the early resort guest booking at 7am ET for Boo Bash. However, they also said the lines were so busy, that it took hours to even get a busy signal and then hours once they could finally get on hold :( So, pack your patience. I am hoping they do the early booking online, but I don't see that happening. I don't know what time the regular sales showed up online for Boo Bash.

omg, going to cost $836 to buy the tickets for my family of 4. :crazy2:

Yes I'll probably pay it, but wow - that is a lot of money for a 4 hour event and with 2 kids who aren't going to want to ride many rides.

omg, going to cost $836 to buy the tickets for my family of 4. :crazy2:

Yes I'll probably pay it, but wow - that is a lot of money for a 4 hour event and with 2 kids who aren't going to want to ride many rides.

Agreed. I'm going to pay it for THIS year because my daughter is 2 (and free) so it's only the cost of 2 AP adults on a thursday... but I wouldn't do this every year.

The interesting thing is the price per hour is right in line with the price per hour (double occupancy) for the Galactic Starcruiser experience, roughly $50/hour. So Disney is essentially pricing their premium offerings around the same price per hour.

At $209 (Early December ticket price) / 4 hours = $52.25 per hour
At $4809 (double occupancy) / 2 people / 48 hours = $50.09 per hour

Just for reference if you made $50 per hour and worked 40 hours per week, that is $104,000 per year!

We will be there the first week and I am sorta intrigued by going opening night. Would that be an awful idea? I mean, I could say hi to all the vloggers :rotfl2:Or maybe I should just save $20 and go later in the week??

We have a family of 7. We don't get out to WDW often since we're west coasters, but were hoping to do this. Kind of frustrating that for our dates it's going to be $250 per person. Is it worth the almost $2000 extra for just a few short hours? I'm not really sure. I love the after hours parties that DLR has done in the past because the crowds really are limited, but will the crowds be limited that much at WDW? So many unknowns.

I'll be at WDW mid-Dec with my mom for a girls trip celebrating her 75th bday. These prices are steep, but I have to say that if the capacity is truly limited, similar to what we've seen with the opening night for Boo Bash and the previous after hours events, then we'll be there.

The last time she and I were there together for Mickey's Very Merriest was maybe 7-ish years ago in early Dec and it was absolutely horrendous because Disney oversold the party. It was the absolute worst park visit we ever had. At one point after the parade was over several completely unsupervised tween boys were chasing each other pushing everyone while running through the massive crowds and one of them elbowed my mom in her side and then knocked her down and she fell to the ground in the middle of Main Street. He turned and looked at her and just laughed and then ran off, while people around us were horrified at his behavior and proceeded to help me get my mom up in the middle of the oncoming crowds. She is so lucky that she didn't get seriously hurt because the way he pushed her made her fall pretty hard. We both said we'd never be back for another party again after that experience if Disney didn't change things. To be clear, it wasn't just that she was pushed and fell, it was also the disappointment of feeling like we were just cattle trying to move in a stampede the entire night because of the crowd level. The first thing we said after leaving was that they needed to raise ticket prices so that capacity would be limited or they needed to stop overselling the events. I think at the time we paid around $89-$99/pp.

Yes, the price tag of this upcoming party is steep at $209 and $229 for dates during our stay, but we'll gladly shell out the cash in order to attend a significantly less crowded park so she can enjoy herself and not have to worry as much about her safety. We're also renting a scooter for her for this visit for added protection. Honestly, it saddens me to say it, but if it wasn't for the high price practically guaranteeing limited capacity we probably wouldn't visit MK together again at all.

I think Disney kept the number of guest down for the very first Boo Bash on purpose. Wouldn't want all those vloggers reporting crazy crowds, right?
I’m interested in this as well. I’ve heard claims on various YouTube videos that said when Disney added extra inventory to sold out days the opening day was one that didn’t get extra inventory. Can anyone who may have tracked at time confirm if this is true? If so I think it makes strong argument attendance for first event was capped lower then the norm going forward.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter