Disney+ Troubles

DodgerGirl

Crazy For The Mandalorian
I'm wondering if anyone has had trouble with Disney+ lately? Because today Mom and Dad were able to watch Season 1 of The Mandalorian with no trouble whatsoever because we upgraded Disney+ today. But when we were gonna watch Disney/Pixar's Soul I discovered no sound coming from my TV and we tried everything to get the sound working but Soul remained silent but the weird thing was that when Mom tried Soul on her phone it had sound and so it tells me that Soul is defective because none of the other Disney+ programming does this. Is this a glitch on Disney+ or is some Disney+ programming and movies not compatible with certain TV's?

I'm wondering if anyone has had trouble with Disney+ lately? Because today Mom and Dad were able to watch Season 1 of The Mandalorian with no trouble whatsoever because we upgraded Disney+ today. But when we were gonna watch Disney/Pixar's Soul I discovered no sound coming from my TV and we tried everything to get the sound working but Soul remained silent but the weird thing was that when Mom tried Soul on her phone it had sound and so it tells me that Soul is defective because none of the other Disney+ programming does this. Is this a glitch on Disney+ or is some Disney+ programming and movies not compatible with certain TV's?

I have noticed it being a bit slow lately. Sometimes it will try to load something and the loading circle will freeze. Once I get it playing though things have been fine. Most likely there has been a surge in users for Christmas. It really wouldn't be a matter oof programming not being compatible with certain TVs I do not think.

The app on our Firesticks has been wonky since it came out. For several weeks it just randomly crashed, other times we couldn't pause anything, and other times it wouldn't show seasons lists, etc. The last couple of times it's actually been better but I consider it pretty unreliable overall. And that's on multiple Firesticks. We have one Roku 3 and it seems better on there.

I've had issues with the ROKU Disney+ app. I've had to reboot whenever I had problems with sound with Disney+. Both Disney+ and HBO Max have been crashing on me too. I'm using a ROKU Premiere+.

I tried Disney+ again this morning and when I tried to watch Black Panther I only was able to see the first part of the movie then the loading circle appeared four times and I just gave up and got up to eat breakfast. But Mom and Dad had the sound trouble again when they were trying to watch The Mandalorian tonight. I think ever since Disney+ debuted in November 2019 I think they rushed it out too soon for Christmas and the holidays before they fixed the ongoing glitches. I also think that Disney+ is trying to get more people to subscribe to it and I cannot see how people expect to pay for Disney+ when it is full of problems. I think when the price is raised in March Disney+ will lose subscribers until they fix their problem

I tried Disney+ again this morning and when I tried to watch Black Panther I only was able to see the first part of the movie then the loading circle appeared four times and I just gave up and got up to eat breakfast. But Mom and Dad had the sound trouble again when they were trying to watch The Mandalorian tonight. I think ever since Disney+ debuted in November 2019 I think they rushed it out too soon for Christmas and the holidays before they fixed the ongoing glitches. I also think that Disney+ is trying to get more people to subscribe to it and I cannot see how people expect to pay for Disney+ when it is full of problems. I think when the price is raised in March Disney+ will lose subscribers until they fix their problem

If it's spinning on you and not crashing, you might have an issue with your Internet service provider. Check out your speed at fast.com, and if your provider provides a speed test, also check it out there. You shouldn't have buffering issues.

I've had ISP issues off and on this year since March. A lot more people are streaming during the pandemic than before, so there have been bandwidth issues.

There are always different issues depending on how it's accessed. I don't have any problem with any mobile Disney+ app or via website access. However, my preferred access is through my Samsung smart TV app. Almost always the first attempt to view content after starting up will result in a black screen with audio. Then I exit, restart, and it's fine.

If it's spinning on you and not crashing, you might have an issue with your Internet service provider. Check out your speed at fast.com, and if your provider provides a speed test, also check it out there. You shouldn't have buffering issues.

I've had ISP issues off and on this year since March. A lot more people are streaming during the pandemic than before, so there have been bandwidth issues.

agree I have gig internet no problem here.

no Disney plus wasn’t rushed out. Yes Disney is trying to get more people to subscribe to it like all streaming services. I don’t know about your sound problem but when a show doesn’t load or takes a long time it’s usually your internet connection. First I will unplugged your internet and your roku or fire stick or whatever your using leave it unplugged for at a least a minute than try it again. How old is the device your using? How’s your internet speed?

The Roku device that Mom and Dad have in our living room is two years old and we got it the first Christmas my family moved into our new house but they are still having troubles with Disney+ but I tried it on my TV when I tried to watch Black Panther again and the loading circle appeared at the beginning again. But the weird thing is Disney+ has no troubles on my mom's phone

Problems are likely related to the individual apps. I don't have a single issue with any of my Disney+ mobile device apps. However, the Samsung smart TV native app has a typical problem where the first time I watch any video after restarting I'll see no video but will hear the audio. Once I stop and restart, everything is fine. The thing is that I'm not sure who to contact regarding this.

We signed up for Disney+ a few weeks ago. We have a dumb 12 year old Sony TV and Comcast. We have been experiencing several problems spinning, freezing, etc. We never have this problem with Netflix. Is it time for a new TV, new device, or another suggestion?

We signed up for Disney+ a few weeks ago. We have a dumb 12 year old Sony TV and Comcast. We have been experiencing several problems spinning, freezing, etc. We never have this problem with Netflix. Is it time for a new TV, new device, or another suggestion?

I'd get a ROKU, and I'd make sure your Internet is good to handle 25 MBps for the UHD content on Disney+. You also want to make sure you by the proper cable to handle UHD.

Yeah, the older "Smart TVs" really aren't that good. You can get a Roku which are relatively inexpensive. Also, one thing that may help is usung a hard-wired connection rather than WiFi. Good luck with it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter