Disney Trivia December 2020 Exercise Challenge

Congratulations to PollyannaMom for turning Red, and to Elizabeth Smith for being the first team member to reach goal and turn Green!!

EPCOT, Part 2 (World Showcase edition):

What is the name of the new BBQ restaurant at the American pavilion?

The Regal Eagle Smokehouse. And who is the Eagle? It's Sam Eagle of the Muppets!

What is the name of the song that plays during the montage that ends the show at the American Pavilion?

What EPCOT parade saw giant puppets moving around the World Showcase?

Tapestry of Nations, later known as Tapestry of Dreams

What famous garden is represented in the Canada Pavilion?

Buchart Gardens in Victoria.

Which pavilion featured a unique candy artist for many years?

Miyuki is a Japanese candy artist who appeared at the Japan pavilion from 1996 to 2013.

Which pavilion features a miniature train, complete with village?

What new attraction is eagerly anticipated for the France pavilion?

The Ratatouille ride, direct from Walt Disney Studios at Disneyland Paris.

3/7 for the latest round of trivia. I want to give myself a half point for the question about the America Pavilion Song because I know the words to the song. Lol.

Adding 75 minutes for my final exercise of the 2-week program. Going to rest tomorrow, then finish the month with some more enjoyable routines.

830/700

The weather has not been cooperating lately, so only 415 new minutes since last check-in:

1715/2300

I did well on much of the EPCOT trivia. The Guinness World Record answer was a fun one that I did not already know.

Congratulations to me for turning Pink (and Twilight Sparkle is only a half-percent away!).

EPCOT, Part 3 of 3 (Future World)

What type of structure is Spaceship Earth?

A geodesic sphere.

Who narrated "The Making of Me" at the Wonders of Life Pavilion?

Martin Short. Bonus question: I know of at least two other WDW attractions that featured Short. Can you name one?
The 'O Canada! film at the Canada Pavilion; the Monster Sound Show at the then-MGM Studios.

Is Test Track's top speed between 50-54 mph, 55-59 mph, 60-64 mph, or 65-69 mph?

It's 65 mph.

If you are subject to motion sickness, which color option are you more likely to choose on Mission: Space?

Green

Which Future World restaurant rotates while guests dine?

Garden Grill

What is Guardians of the Galaxy replacing?

Ellen's Energy Adventure/The Universe of Energy

I’m still not doing too well on the trivia this week (2 correct, and 1 that I “knew” and could completely picture, but couldn’t think of the actual name). It's fun to learn the answers, though!

No new minutes because I fell askeep on the couch last night! I intended to just watch TV for a bit after dinner before getting on the treadmill, but I guess the early dark got to me.

Good morning, and Merry Christmas Eve to those who are celebrating!

Here are some Disney Christmas-season trivia questions:

From 1995-2016, Disney's Hollywood Studios featured a holiday light display named after what family?

The Osborne Family. Fun fact: my father lived in Little Rock in the early 1990s, and we saw the Osborne lights on the Osbornes' house (a very large property on a major road). They actually bought the two adjacent houses to have more room to display lights. Traffic was a real mess, and I can see why their neighbors ended up suing them to stop the light display.

What has replaced the lights on Cinderella's Castle this year?

What EPCOT holiday celebration (sadly canceled this year) has a celebrity narrator and a choir?

The Candlelight Processional. Disneyland has a smaller version of this event (also sadly cancelled this year).

Which WDW park featured the Merry Menagerie for the 2019 holiday season?

Which WDW resort featured a gingerbread carousel for the 2019 holiday season?

Beach Club.

Over on the West Coast, which Disneyland attraction is transformed with lights for the holidays (in normal years)?

It's a Small World. Disneyland's Haunted Mansion gets the Nightmare Before Christmas overlay.

Is Disneyland's Main Street, U.S.A. Christmas tree 40-49 feet, 50-59 feet, 60-69 feet, or 70-79 feet tall?

60 feet tall.

At Disney California Adventure, which two Cars Land attractions get holiday makeovers?

Luigi's Rollickin' Roadsters becomes Luigi's Joy to the Whirl and Mater's Junkyard Jamboree becomes Mater's Jingle Jamboree

Last edited:
I've turned Red and the TEAM has moved up to 70%!

Let's look at Disney's Hollywood Studios, Part 1

What was this park's original name?

Disney-MGM Studios Theme Park

Who hosted the opening day ceremonies for the park?

John Ritter

How many attractions did the park boast on Opening Day? How many of those are still there?

Five -- The Great Movie Ride; The Backstage Studio Tour; The Magic of Disney Animation Tour; The Monster Sound Show; Superstar Television. None of these attractions still exist; the last to close was the Great Movie Ride in 2017.

What road leads to the Tower of Terror and Rock 'n' Roller Coaster?

Sunset Boulevard

How tall are the water screens for Fantasmic!?

30 feet tall, created by pumping 2,400 gallons of water per minute

What is the name of the dinosaur who will sell you some ice cream, and the lake that dinosaur is in?

Gertie, in Echo Lake.

Hollywood Studios, Part 2:

What year did this park change its name?

Which was built first, the Rock 'n' Roller Coaster itself, or the building that it's in?

The coaster was built first, and the building was then built around it.

What was the first animated feature to be drawn entirely at the (former) animation studio at this park?

Mulan

What are you trying to retrieve on Millennium Falcon:Smuggler's Run?

Coaxium

What is the name of the town you visit at Galaxy's Edge, and what language do they use there?

Black Spire Outpost, where they use Aurabesh.

Which attraction has a Pizza Planet cameo?

Lightning McQueen's Racing Academy

Hollywood Studios features the longest running stage show in any Disney park. What is it?

Beauty and the Beast, which premiered in 1991 with the movie. The show is on hold now thanks to the pandemic, but hopefully it'll be back at some point.

Who has climbed up to string Christmas lights over Slinky Dog Dash?

Jessie and Rex

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter