Disney Trivia December 2020 Exercise Challenge

Bonus Friday morning trivia, focusing on one of my favorites, BTMRR!

Did you know that the Disneyland and WDW BTMRRs are based on different locations? Do you know what they are?

Disneyland is based on Bryce Canyon National Park, while WDW is based on Monument Valley.

What is the only Disney park to have BTMRR as an opening-day attraction?

Disneyland Paris

And a fact I hope I never need to know--BTMRR may be able to help in passing kidney stones.

Congratulations to Elizabeth Smith and PollyannaMom for turning Blue!

Animal Kingdom is one of my favorite parks, so I had to go looking for some AK trivia.

How long did it take to create the Tree of Life?

The Tree's 300 carvings were the result of 10 artists' and 3 Imagineers' 18 months of full-time work.

The entire Magic Kingdom would fit into which AK attraction?

At 110 acres, the Kilimanjaro Savannah alone is bigger than the Magic Kingdom.

Which AK attraction would require an FAA red-light warning if it were just 6 inches taller?

Expedition Everest is 199.5 feet, just shy of the 200-foot height that requires a red light aircraft warning.

Which unusual contributor did a landscape architect find in Nepal?

A principal landscape architect, Paul Comstock, traveled the world to collect specimens for AK. In Nepal, he was reacquainted with an elephant named Durgha Kali, who apparently remembered him from several years earlier. He told her mahout that he was collecting seeds for an elephant habitat. As Comstock said, "He 'explained' this to Durgha Kali and she actually harvested her favorite delicacies for me, using her trunk and passing the seeds over her back and into my hands."

I have reached 95 minutes and turned Blue.

Happy 119th Birthday, Walter E. Disney!

Did you know that Walt played polo? He had to give it up after he was injured. He moved on to golf, but apparently he found that too frustrating. What did he do after giving up golf?

Walt took up lawn bowling. Apparently the Beverly Hills Lawn Bowling Club was the place to be. Here's an article about lawn bowling, including a picture of the Disney Masters Tournament Trophy, which incorporates Walt's personal lawn bowls.

No color changes this weekend, but the TEAM is hovering just under 10%.

The Disney Cruise Line currently has 4 ships. Do you know their names?

Disney Magic
Disney Wonder
Disney Dream
Disney Fantasy

The line also has 3 ships on order, and the latest word is that DCL will continue with those new ships despite the pandemic. The 3 ships represent a whole new class of ship for DCL. Do you know the name of this new class?

The Triton Class.

The name of the first new ship has been announced--the Disney Wish, arriving in 2022. What do you think they should call the other 2 new ships?

Disney Celebration, Disney Imagination, Disney Enchantment

Good morning, everyone!

Today, December 7, 2020, marks the 79th anniversary of the attack on Pearl Harbor that brought the United States into World War II. My husband and I had the privilege of visiting Pearl Harbor last year and the honor of meeting a veteran from that attack, of whom only a handful are left. Pearl Harbor is a must-do experience if you are ever on Oahu.

In addition to producing propaganda films, as I mentioned last week, the Disney Studios supported the war effort by producing training films and by designing hundreds of emblems and insignia for military units. Here's an article overviewing Disney's war work. And according to this article, the Disney Studios were the only Hollywood film studios who were protected by the U.S. Army.

(When it's open again), the Walt Disney Family Museum in San Francisco currently has an exhibit on Disney Studios' work during World War II. Check out the Donald logo for the exhibit, which resembles the logos Disney created for military units.

Apparently nearly every Disney character was pressed into service for military unit emblems. What character was the most requested? What character was used for chaplains' units?

Donald Duck was the most requested. Jiminy Cricket was used for chaplains. Here's an article showing examples of the 1,200 military emblems the Studios created.

I’m adding 70 minutes today. 20 minutes of vigorous dancing to Christmas music and then 50 minutes of Chloe Ting. My brother is getting married on New Year’s Eve and my husband is performing the ceremony. He’s trying to make sure his suit fits nicely, so trying to lose a little weight in the middle. Lol. To be supportive, I suggested we do the Chloe Ting 2 week shred... It killed. I’m very out of shape!

230/700

Congratulations to piglet1979 for turning Blue and to me for turning Orange.

WDW has some unique hotels, including the Contemporary, the Polynesian, and the Animal Kingdom Lodge. But the other Disney resorts have (or will have) interesting lodging as well. Which Disney resorts would you have to visit to find the following hotels?

A hotel themed to Toy Story -
Shanghai Disney Resort (though a Toy Story Hotel is coming to Tokyo Disney Resort in 2021)

A hotel with an Art Deco theme -
Try Hong Kong Disneyland Resort's Hollywood Hotel or the Ambassador Hotel at Tokyo Disney Resort. Disney's Hotel New York at Disneyland Paris also is cited for Art Deco design.

A hotel themed to Marvel -
Disneyland Paris. Disney's Hotel New York is being renovated to Disney's Hotel New York - The Art of Marvel and is set to open in March 2021.

A hotel inside a theme park -
At Tokyo Disney Resort, the Hotel MiraCosta actually is within the borders of Tokyo Disney Sea.

A hotel themed to the Old West -
Disneyland Paris has the Hotel Cheyenne, where the buildings are named after figures from the Old West. It also has the Santa Fe Lodge.

A hotel with the motto "ad explorare et somniare” (“to explore and dream”) -
Hong Kong Disneyland Resort has the Explorers' Lodge, themed to Asia, Oceania, South America, and Africa.

I missed everyone of the questions.

After a rough night and day yesterday I still forced my to get on the treadmill. It was after 8 last night and I didn't walk as fast as normal but I got it done. I do think it helped me sleep last night. I didn't really sleep Monday night which is what made the rough. I was just so tired.

December 7 -- 60

Total -- 410/1860

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter