Disney transportation to and from FW

I've had much better luck at FW with the buses than at the All Star/Pop resorts. But occasionally you do get 3 buses to one park before you get one bus to a different park. I've only been truly annoyed at the bus system during MVMCP; so many people going and not enough buses, that was at CSR.

It sounds to me like Disney is making it as hard as possible to keep people in the park instead of returning to the RV for an inexpensive meal.

I don't think this is intentional. I think they actually do an amazing job with transportation at WDW.
You are right about taking a lot of time going back and forth though. We plan our days to go at park opening each day (the best time for rides) and taking a break midday anyway (while the parks are overflowing.) Then we return in the evenings for entertainment.
If you want to stay straight through, why not pack a lunch to take with you?

I have read that the Disney transportation system is not very good between FW and the Disney parks. ....

It sounds to me like Disney is making it as hard as possible to keep people in the park instead of returning to the RV for an inexpensive meal.

I don't think this is intentional. I think they actually do an amazing job with transportation at WDW.
You are right about taking a lot of time going back and forth though. We plan our days to go at park opening each day (the best time for rides) and taking a break midday anyway (while the parks are overflowing.) Then we return in the evenings for entertainment.
If you want to stay straight through, why not pack a lunch to take with you?

The bus situation is what it is. FW, square mileage wise, is the largest resort on property so it has its own challenges.

When we visited in 1999 there were different bus loops. The buses for all the parks except MK stopped at every internal bus stop. You also had to take an external bus to the TTC to get to the water parks and DTD.

I'm pretty sure the current system was put in place to try to simplify things.

Of course years ago you took trams around to the marina or RC because they were the only places to get to.

Just finishing a week at the cabins and we didn't have any problems. We use a Disney cart instead of the FW buses so I can't comment on those. However we did use Disney Transportation to get to the parks. As has been said the boat to MK takes about 15 minutes. As of Wed they were down one boat due to maintenance so they had three boats operating MK to Wilderness Lodge to FW to MK. Because of that it took longer to get back from MK but it was the normal time to get there. As for the buses it took 10 minutes to get to Downtown Disney, 15 minutes to Hollywood Studios, and about 20 minutes to Animal Kingdom. Some days we lucked out and the busses and boats were there we we got to them at other times we had to wait 10 - 15 minutes. All that being said I would still rather use Disney transportation than driving myself to the parks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter