Disney to cancel FPs if room is cancelled

Status
Not open for further replies.
To the posters worried about FP’s on split stays, if the new rumor IS true, FP’s should become easier to get for everyone. That said I’ve never had trouble getting everything I want on a standard 7 night reservation.

But will this still be true when SWGE opens? Plus, at present it looks like the FP+ booked on cancelled resort stays are NOT getting cancelled. However, the one thing that we DO know is that split stays now have at least 2 booking windows. If the offsite stay people still get to keep their FP+ booked at 60 days, split stay people that can't change their booking are really SOL.

Our situation is not a standard 7 day, but one 60 + 4 at best even though we are staying onsite for 10 days.

So, the title of the thread says "confirmed." Does that mean Disney has said officially that they will cancel? Or, does it mean people have actually had FP's cancelled? Or both?

So, the title of the thread says "confirmed." Does that mean Disney has said officially that they will cancel? Or, does it mean people have actually had FP's cancelled? Or both?

No one has confirmed their fastpasses were cancelled, at least not on this board. The silence is suspicious, at least to me. The reason it says “confirmed” is because the article was posted by WDWMagic which the Dis considers to be a reputable source. But we are still waiting.

I don't know if Disney will ever "confirm" this as that would mean they would have to admit the loophole existing to start with

I did just see on Facebook someone posting that they had a split stay (1 day first then the rest of their stay) and the system would only let them book FP for that first day and they called and the CM said they had to wait until check in day of the second stay to book the rest of the FP) - so I think that is some anecdotal evidence that something has changed

It’s been 48 hours since I cancelled a linked DS hotel reservation (it was cancelled directly with the hotel).

Long story short... nothing happened.

The reservation still appears in MDE. The associated fastpasses are all intact.

Any update on the FP’s?

I don't know if Disney will ever "confirm" this as that would mean they would have to admit the loophole existing to start with

I did just see on Facebook someone posting that they had a split stay (1 day first then the rest of their stay) and the system would only let them book FP for that first day and they called and the CM said they had to wait until check in day of the second stay to book the rest of the FP) - so I think that is some anecdotal evidence that something has changed

Yes. The point is that so far, the only thing we can confirm is that split-stay people now have separate booking windows for each part of their stay. The real thing that was supposed to happen to close the "loophole" was that people's fastpasses would be cancelled if they cancelled a reservation and so far THAT has not happened. So basically, split-stay people are getting the shaft and those who gamed the system to achieve an advantage are still able to do so as far as we can tell. Congratulations, Disney IT!

Yes, that’s part is confirmed, as is the loss of the “rolling 60.”

My question for all this is, will anybody here admit to using these loopholes when and if they take effect and cause a loss of FP's.
Other than those doing so as a test.

Last edited:
What is a "rolling 60"?

When people have an on-site stay booked, even for one night, they had a 60 day fast pass booking window until they checked out of the hotel
Being able to book all the days of your split stay based on the first check in day

Not just that. The throwaway night people could book 60 day FP’s for each day of their trip, even after they no longer had a room/campsite booked. That’s gone, now it’s just checkin/checkout day. Makes the one night campsite loophole a lot less valuable.

My question for all this is, will anybody here admit to using these loopholes when and if they take effect and cause a loss if FP's.
Other than those doing so as a test.
I wouldn’t expect someone who was intentionally using a loophole to their advantage to come out and admit it. However, there are a few of us testing the system and we’re reporting our results.

I also think that’s why we haven’t heard about any cancellations or lack thereof yet. No one wants to admit it still works. If my AP was still valid I would totally have tested it by now, but alas I have no ticket media.

Have any of our testers hit 48 hours yet?

I wouldn’t expect someone who was intentionally using a loophole to their advantage to come out and admit it. However, there are a few of us testing the system and we’re reporting our results.

Has anyone tested the straight up book & cancel yet (book onsite, make FP, cancel entire onsite stay without rebooking.) Or just various split stay scenarios?

Has anyone tested the straight up book & cancel yet (book onsite, make FP, cancel entire onsite stay without rebooking.) Or just various split stay scenarios?

Yes. Someone booked a one week stay at one resort. Then they booked a split stay at 2 resorts covering the same days. All resort reservations have been canceled. I don’t believe there has been an update yet, however.

Nor would I.
We really appreciate you reporting on your testing. :flower:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter