Disney Swan - Reviews Please

I was hesitant about staying there because I knew Swan/Dolphin were convention resorts and felt they would be too much like just any old Sheraton. Money was a deciding factor for me since I love the Epcot resorts and just couldn't swing my beloved Yacht Club. I've stayed there about 5 times now, mostly at Dolphin since it's less than Swan. Swan is a tad more luxury than the Dolphin and is a smaller footprint but the rooms are larger and the price is a little higher. Both share amentities so the pools, restaurants, etc. are for both. We love the lap pool at the Swan if we want to be away from the crowd and the Cabana pool at the Dolphin is great. I don't find either one of them are very large or that walking is an issue for either one but we also walk from HS to Epcot so there is that.

I was hesitant about staying there because I knew Swan/Dolphin were convention resorts and felt they would be too much like just any old Sheraton. Money was a deciding factor for me since I love the Epcot resorts and just couldn't swing my beloved Yacht Club. I've stayed there about 5 times now, mostly at Dolphin since it's less than Swan. Swan is a tad more luxury than the Dolphin and is a smaller footprint but the rooms are larger and the price is a little higher. Both share amentities so the pools, restaurants, etc. are for both. We love the lap pool at the Swan if we want to be away from the crowd and the Cabana pool at the Dolphin is great. I don't find either one of them are very large or that walking is an issue for either one but we also walk from HS to Epcot so there is that.

Beach Club is extremely expensive and out of line with our budget. The lap pool sounds fantastic. TY!

Luxury hotel.......I like the sound of that. We are looking for a quiet place to relax and recharge after park hopping. Sounds like we made the right choice.

You made a great choice. The rooms and especially the bedding are luxurious. Even the towels at the Swan are thicker and bigger than any Disney resort.

Look, I think that Disney resorts are a great product. I’ve stayed in many of them over the years, and for the right deal, I’d stay at any of them again. But since 2016, I’ve gotten consistently better deals at the Swan. The rates we’ve paid were close to Disney moderate pricing.

There is just no comparison—the Swan and Dolphin are far and away better resorts than any Disney moderate in every possible way except maybe theming. But when I can stay somewhere that is walking distance to two parks and I can look out my window and see Crescent Lake, I am fine without a theme. :)

I think if you don't have kids, Swan would be great. Especially for the price. My dislikes about Swan are coming from someone who normally stays at Westin outside of Disney. At this stage in life when I'm visiting Disney I just like something different than Westin.

Jersey, you should look at CSR again. The updated room we stayed at was wonderful. The bathroom was the nicest bathroom in a hotel I have seen.

You made a great choice. The rooms and especially the bedding are luxurious. Even the towels at the Swan are thicker and bigger than any Disney resort.

Look, I think that Disney resorts are a great product. I’ve stayed in many of them over the years, and for the right deal, I’d stay at any of them again. But since 2016, I’ve gotten consistently better deals at the Swan. The rates we’ve paid were close to Disney moderate pricing.

There is just no comparison—the Swan and Dolphin are far and away better resorts than any Disney moderate in every possible way except maybe theming. But when I can stay somewhere that is walking distance to two parks and I can look out my window and see Crescent Lake, I am fine without a theme. :)

Where is the ❤️ button for this post?

I think if you don't have kids, Swan would be great. Especially for the price. My dislikes about Swan are coming from someone who normally stays at Westin outside of Disney. At this stage in life when I'm visiting Disney I just like something different than Westin.

Jersey, you should look at CSR again. The updated room we stayed at was wonderful. The bathroom was the nicest bathroom in a hotel I have seen.

I would stay at CSR again for the right price or package. Last time we were there was 2011, and I paid $99 per night and bought the QS Dining Plan which gave us a bunch of snacks to use at the Food & Wine Festival. We had a lovely Corner room in Cabanas 8A per my request to be in that building.

I haven’t ruled out any resort on-site and there are a few hotels off-site I’d consider. Where I choose depends on the circumstances of my trip and who is in my travel party and what I’m getting for my money.

Having said all that, there is a huge advantage in staying at a resort that is all under one roof like the Swan. Many Disney resorts are spread throughout several buildings. Nothing wrong with that in good weather, but in storms, it is way more convenient to be staying somewhere like the Wilderness Lodge or the Swan.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter