Disney Springs Hotels Bus Information

How long of a walk is it from Disney Springs to DS Holiday Inn? Is there a special walkway or are you walking on the side of a busy street? Thanks!

I am wondering the same thing....I look at google map and see something but just not sure. Be nice to plan mom's weekend away and go grab a drink and be able to walk back.

I checked the google maps and it says .6 miles, 12 minute walk to the Marketplace, which is the DS area closest to the Disney Springs hotels.

How long of a walk is it from Disney Springs to DS Holiday Inn? Is there a special walkway or are you walking on the side of a busy street? Thanks!

I am wondering the same thing....I look at google map and see something but just not sure. Be nice to plan mom's weekend away and go grab a drink and be able to walk back.

Very nice walk, even from the farthest hotel. The road has wide sidewalks on both sides, nice landscaping the entire stretch and pedestrian bridges across the roads. It is VERY VERY safe and as I said we have walked from many including the farthest, Doubletree.

IMG_2226-1024x768.jpg

While I know disney trasportation is "best" even on its worst days but how is the transportation while staying at one of these hotels?

While I know disney trasportation is "best" even on its worst days but how is the transportation while staying at one of these hotels?

I actually wouldn't agree to that statement. While Disney's transportation system can be better, it's not always better than other options.

For me, the main bonus to the Disney Springs Hotels Buses is that they run on a schedule. Aside from unexpected traffic, I've always found them to be quite punctual. Knowing that the bus will be there at 10 and 40 minutes after the hour (or whenever) is a lot better than showing up at the bus loop and hoping the next Disney bus will be to your destination. And you never have to stand there and watch 3 empty buses going to the same place pass by while you wait.

The key to the Disney Springs Hotels Buses is understanding the system. The knowledge helps set expectations. Here are the critical factors:
  • Transportation and Ticket Center: The stop for Magic Kingdom is the Transportation and Ticket Center. That means you'll need to use the ferry, monorail, or bus (if one of those isn't running) to get to the park entrance. If you know you need to transfer, it's less of a problem.
  • Two Parks per Bus: My biggest gripe is that each bus heads to two parks. If you're going to the first park on a route, there's no issue. But having to make a detour when going to a park or returning to your hotel can be a pain. During that time on that "detour", I try to remember that if I were staying at a Disney Resort, I might be stuck standing outside in the heat/cold waiting for a bus while empty ones going to other parks/resorts pass by.
  • Multiple Hotels per Bus: Each bus stops at multiple hotels in the Disney Springs area. Usually, each stop is only a few minutes. It's similar to how Disney's Moderate Resorts have multiple stops. The only time it takes longer is when a wheelchair or ECV must be loaded.

Does anyone know the current schedule for bus transportation between Hilton LBV and Epcot? The link in the OP is no longer working.

Are Disney Springs buses still using the AK/Epcot and TTC/HS routes?
We arrive at The B on Saturday....so excited!

Does anyone know the current schedule for bus transportation between Hilton LBV and Epcot? The link in the OP is no longer working.

What link isn't working for you? I just checked and every link in the first post is functional.

Are Disney Springs buses still using the AK/Epcot and TTC/HS routes?
We arrive at The B on Saturday....so excited![/QUOTE

This morning we took the 9 a.m. bus from The B. We were going to AK. This time the bus went to Epcot first then AK.
The traffic going into AK was HORRIBLE. I thought for sure the security and entrance lines would be bad too, but we breezed right through them. Weird.

So glad I found this thread. This has already answered a few questions for me with regards to staying off-site.

Last edited:
So glad I found this thread. This has already answered a few questions for me with regards to staying off-site.

Same here. As it looks as if we cannot book OKW or SSR for our preferred dates next year, we have booked the Doubletree Suites as we needed a separate sleeping area for two teenagers.

I was a little concerned about the buses, but from the posts above, it seems that they are fairly punctual and not too busy, only downside being the two parks per route. However, as it has saved us a considerable sum of money over booking two Disney Hotel rooms, it’s a small price to pay!!!

Same here. As it looks as if we cannot book OKW or SSR for our preferred dates next year, we have booked the Doubletree Suites as we needed a separate sleeping area for two teenagers.

I was a little concerned about the buses, but from the posts above, it seems that they are fairly punctual and not too busy, only downside being the two parks per route. However, as it has saved us a considerable sum of money over booking two Disney Hotel rooms, it’s a small price to pay!!!

I hear ya. I think for my family's first trip to Disney World we'll stay onsite, I want my daughter to have the full immersion at least once, but future trips will be offsite. The buses hitting two parks per route is a bit of a problem, but it sounds from some posters that it isn't too much of a problem.

The buses hitting two parks per route is a bit of a problem, but it sounds from some posters that it isn't too much of a problem.
The real problem is with the real offsite buses which drop everyone off at the TTC and let you use Disney transportation to all parks.

Just returned from a week at The B. The bus system was fine.They were always on time.
But we only took it TO the parks, and Ubered or Lyfted home. With the money we saved staying offsite, it was very affordable.
If interested in staying offsite I wouldn't let the two park bus system stop you. Its really not a big deal.
And the proximity to DS is great. It was a pleasant walk from The B, very close to Marketplace area.

We stayed, like I said, at The B for a week in October. The bus service was fine.
One thing I noticed was that they had two different types of busses.
Unlike Disney resort busses, they had an ECV lift at the front door, not a ramp but an actual
lift that the ECV user had to drive on, then the driver raised it up and the ECV user had to
drive it off forward and then maneuver it to turn around and park with the front of ECV facing
forward to drive off. My Mom had a hard time with this and DH had to do it for her after she
tried to get parked in place with difficulty.
The second kind of bus was like a Disney cruise bus or Disney magical express, nice busses
with big storage compartments underneath. The driver opened the compartments for the ECV's
and loaded them inside himself. We really appreciated when we saw these types of busses
coming.

Does anyone know if its just hit or miss with these "compartment" type busses coming to the
Disney Springs resorts? I am hoping they use them most of the time now and we will see them
more often on our next trip in March.

We stayed, like I said, at The B for a week in October. The bus service was fine.
One thing I noticed was that they had two different types of busses.
Unlike Disney resort busses, they had an ECV lift at the front door, not a ramp but an actual
lift that the ECV user had to drive on, then the driver raised it up and the ECV user had to
drive it off forward and then maneuver it to turn around and park with the front of ECV facing
forward to drive off. My Mom had a hard time with this and DH had to do it for her after she
tried to get parked in place with difficulty.
The second kind of bus was like a Disney cruise bus or Disney magical express, nice busses
with big storage compartments underneath. The driver opened the compartments for the ECV's
and loaded them inside himself. We really appreciated when we saw these types of busses
coming.

Does anyone know if its just hit or miss with these "compartment" type busses coming to the
Disney Springs resorts? I am hoping they use them most of the time now and we will see them
more often on our next trip in March.
Last trip there I used a scooter for the whole week we were there. Most buses were normal buses and you had to drive up on the lift to get on the bus. I found the bus drivers to be very helpful. I only had the big buses with storage underneath a couple of times when it was busy. The problem with those buses is that you have to walk up the steep steps to get on the bus. I had one time that no one offered to get up to give me a seat even when I asked since I didn't have my scooter to sit on. One really good thing is that at the Hilton Palace they kept my scooter at Bell Services and I didn't have to keep it in my room. When we stayed at AOA I had to keep it in my room.

I'm sorry no one gave you a seat on the bus. Maybe no one realized you used a scooter? and needed a seat?
We never were on a bus that was completely full, thankfully.
Yes the stairs were steep. My husband had to help her up them, but she liked not having to deal with her
scooter on the bus.

Did anyone staying at B Resort use the bus for Epcot EMH? Wondering if the bus would be there between 7-7:20 to be there in time for 8AM opening? My DS is staying at the B a couple days and joining us on our Epcot day. Just wondering if it would be easier to pick him up (staying at Pop) or have him meet us there?

Buses start 1 hour prior to park opening. The B Resort and Spa is on the "A" route, which runs in this order: Hilton Lake Buena Vista --> Holiday Inn Disney Springs --> B Resort and Spa --> DoubleTree Suites. The pick-up time at the B Resort and Spa would be roughly 7:10am.

Unfortunately, there no longer seems to be a set schedule as to which route travels to which parks. (Each bus travels to two theme parks.) If the bus is scheduled to go to Epcot first, your son should arrive roughly around 7:30am. The walk to the entrance takes about 10 minutes. If the bus is scheduled to go to a different park prior to Epcot, he won't arrive until about 7:50am.

Big Caveat: If the only theme park opening at 8am on that day is Epcot, it's almost certain that the bus will travel directly to Epcot after leaving the Disney Springs Hotels. So if all other parks open at 9am, your son should get to Epcot around 7:30am.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!