Disney Springs Ferry Docks

CBMom01

DIS Veteran
Is there a map that shows where the DS ferries land? Trying to figure out where we’ll get off/on the PO FQ ferry there

It’s over back behind the Christmas store on the Rainforest Cafe side of DS not the Cirque de Sole side.

You have to go through security. You walk behind the stores. Security is near the pedestrian bridge from the DS hotels.

I believe the water taxis to Disney Springs are currently closed due to low water levels. I’m not sure when your trip is but if it’s soon you may want to check if it is running.

Is this still in practice? I thought this was only during Covid?
I had to May 2022. Pain in the rear we decided.

We switched to the bus to/from POFQ and were much happier. The bus ride was faster than the boat ride, dropped in the middle of DS, was air conditioned and like nobody else took the bus so it was like a private bus.

The temperature screening was during covid. AFAIK security screening, similar to the theme parks is permanent.
I'm not sure what AFAIK security screening is? This past Feb.; from the bus drop off there was no security (like what you go through at the parks). Is it different if you boat? Argh...the perk of being at some resorts is the boat access, but now it seems it's more inconvenient than the bus.

So as to security screenings at springs arriving by bus - I cannot go through metal detectors as I have an implanted neurostimulator. Is it something I need to be concerned about? I saw some security people between the bus drop off and springs main are. Kind of in the hall into the stores area. Is it in the area there? Do I need to worry about my device messing up?

Sorry, I'm just confused. When you say screening ppl. do you mean screening like they do at the parks where you go through the metal detectors/bag checks? We have only had this happen once at DS in all the yrs. we've been going and it was around covid. We go at least twice every year and haven't seen it since. - Having said that we haven't entered via the boats in a number of years, so. I'm trying to figure out if it's different. It shouldn't be, but so odd.
AFAIK = as far as I know

2022 Disney was screening people. If discontinued I'd hope Disney decided it wasn't needed and not budget issues.

Disney has security screening (metal detectors and visual screening at times) before entering any of the theme parks and Disney Springs. Seems I remember the DS screenings popping up a couple years ago, but time is a blur sometimes! We've gone through DS screening taking the boat, walking to DS (from good neighbor hotel), and in the parking garages. It's very simple, and is just walk-through unless you set off some alarm (which we did with an umbrella one evening!). I haven't personally done it because we avoid buses, but I'm sure there's similar security when exiting the buses. I was told the main reason they only have the one boat dock active at DS is because it's easier to maintain security. It's basically the same approach as what they use at the parks, or before entering the monorail from CR/Poly/GF. Any Covid temp checks have been gone for awhile now.

I'm not sure what AFAIK security screening is? This past Feb.; from the bus drop off there was no security (like what you go through at the parks). Is it different if you boat? Argh...the perk of being at some resorts is the boat access, but now it seems it's more inconvenient than the bus.
Yes, that had me confused also. I've taken the bus many times and never gone through screening, certainly not like the screening you go through before you enter a park. But in May, 2022, we took the boat from OKW, and when we got to DS, we entered through security, just as if we were entering a park. So it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that if you have evil intent, and or illegal items with you, enter DS via bus, not boat.

Yes, that had me confused also. I've taken the bus many times and never gone through screening, certainly not like the screening you go through before you enter a park. But in May, 2022, we took the boat from OKW, and when we got to DS, we entered through security, just as if we were entering a park. So it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that if you have evil intent, and or illegal items with you, enter DS via bus, not boat.
Hmmmm....interesting. I had no idea ppl. that don't come come to DS via the bus have to go through security. I know you certainly do NOT go through security coming from the buses unless it's changed in the last 3 months. Seems so ridiculous that they would make ppl. go through security if they come from a boat vs. a boat. - What a waste of time and resources.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!