Disney Springs Ferry Docks

Disney has security screening (metal detectors and visual screening at times) before entering any of the theme parks and Disney Springs. Seems I remember the DS screenings popping up a couple years ago, but time is a blur sometimes! We've gone through DS screening taking the boat, walking to DS (from good neighbor hotel), and in the parking garages. It's very simple, and is just walk-through unless you set off some alarm (which we did with an umbrella one evening!). I haven't personally done it because we avoid buses, but I'm sure there's similar security when exiting the buses. I was told the main reason they only have the one boat dock active at DS is because it's easier to maintain security. It's basically the same approach as what they use at the parks, or before entering the monorail from CR/Poly/GF. Any Covid temp checks have been gone for awhile now.
They do not use them if you go to DS via a bus (which accounts for tons of ppl. everyday.) - Pretty crazy and such a facade of security.

Last time I went to DS was more then 6 months ago. I assumed security screening was permanent.

I have no current information on the status of security. I don’t know if different entry points are treated differently or if screening is different different times of the day

Last time I went to DS was more then 6 months ago. I assumed security screening was permanent.

I have no current information on the status of security. I don’t know if different entry points are treated differently or if screening is different different times of the day
I’ve only ever gone through security at the DS entrance from Lime Garage, but it was still in place May 2023, as well as November 2022. It was not in place in 2019.

Interesting to hear that there is no security at the entrance from the buses? Seems like that would circumvent the goal of making DS a secure environment, similar to the parks.

Interesting to hear that there is no security at the entrance from the buses? Seems like that would circumvent the goal of making DS a secure environment, similar to the parks.
Is it possible some guests are walking through the evolv scanners without realizing they're going through security?

Is it possible some guests are walking through the evolv scanners without realizing they're going through security?
No, the security checks are quite obvious. If anyone sets off an alarm going through the scanner, they're pulled aside for a more manual check, just like entering the theme parks.

If they really have no security checks for people arriving by bus, it makes no sense. There are checks for people arriving by boat, walking, rideshare, and driving/parking in the garages. Not screening those arriving by bus - maybe that's 25% of the people arriving? That makes no sense and defeats the purpose of screening in the first place!

No, the security checks are quite obvious. If anyone sets off an alarm going through the scanner, they're pulled aside for a more manual check, just like entering the theme parks.

If they really have no security checks for people arriving by bus, it makes no sense. There are checks for people arriving by boat, walking, rideshare, and driving/parking in the garages. Not screening those arriving by bus - maybe that's 25% of the people arriving? That makes no sense and defeats the purpose of screening in the first place!
I agree. Only one poster said guests coming by bus don't go through security. It's possible he noted the elimination of temperature screening, followed other passengers off the bus and walked through the scanner with a mob of other guests.

I agree. Only one poster said guests coming by bus don't go through security. It's possible he noted the elimination of temperature screening, followed other passengers off the bus and walked through the scanner with a mob of other guests.
Nope, so happens that I was solo and the only one on the bus, so there was no "mob of other guests". Also, it was about 10:30 in the morning, not many people at all. Ironically, that's the same time we arrived via boat from OKW and went through security. Ghirardelli's is open then, isn't crowded, and a Sundae from there makes a good brunch.

No...we get stopped every time to do bag checks due to whatever is in our bag setting it off at the parks. There is NO security when entering from the buses. Only time we've experienced security going to DS is whe we drove ourselves during Covid. - I assumed it was a Covid thing, but it sounds like not. We go to DSs many times during multiple trips throughout the yr., most recently this past Feb./March and no security entering from the buses. So odd.

Guests arriving by boat are screened at the same location where guests walking from SSR and guests walking from the hotels on hotel plaza blvd are screened.

Doesn't make much sense

That really is odd. Learn something new out here all the time. It just doesn't make sense to have such a gaping hole in the security! That's like having security checks at the front of EPCOT, but not bother with it at the International Gateway! They also still do have some surface level parking out by the Cirque theater. I wonder if there's any security there - or perhaps that's cast member parking now? Not sure. Seems like they should check all guests entering DS, or not bother doing any......

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter